Autopsy Autopsy vs Crom

Remove this Banner Ad

Unpressured disposal leading to direct turnover.

We’re masters at it.

And not being able to tackle effectively.

And not being able to cover the ground.

And having the shittest backline mix since the dawn of time.

Then there’s Luke McDonald and Aidan Corr. My god.

That’s probably a 30-40 point win if Adelaide play to the same rule book.

The umpiring was as one sided as it gets. Same instance called differently if you wear an Adelaide jumper.

They still win, but * me is it that hard to umpire with consistency.
It's always going to be one sided over there, it always has been. You're really going to have to be on top of your game to beat Adelaide in Adelaide. Throw in the hometown s**t and the fact that we haven't been on top of our game since about 2015 and we were never really a chance.

Oh. Go F yourself Caracas .
Toughen the F up .
When u pay over $1000 a year on a membership without anything back for so many years .
Something has to give .,.
We have the right to our opinion .

Fair enough. To be clear, I won’t, though, Rossy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Logue is fine, it's just the s**t surrounding him.
I think that its more about playing them all together, rather than the individuals.

If we played McKay, Logue and one of Ziebell/Corr/McDonald, then a legit small defender and a mid sized player with pace along with Sheezel then we are probably okay.

So many comments from people who weren’t at the game. Obviously watching on TV you couldn’t see what was really going on.

So from someone who was at the game and could see much more than what you could see on TV here is my summary.

As a team we are as s**t as Stephenson is a player. We have such a long long way to go.

I want to boof Wardlaw.

Thank * the cricket is on.
Disagree we looked good on Kayos.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you're sick of just being competitive then you need to take more risks at the selection table.

Don't pick guys who are old and steadily below average. Pick guys who might be good or might be bad. Pick young guys who will learn from mistakes but have the athletic profile to actually have a high ceiling when it works.
This year is already gone and perhaps we're tanking. Hoping, though, that we'll be ruthless at the end of year player review. If we front up next year with exactly the same backline, then we know that someone is having the most enormous joke at our expense.

The biggest thing I took from the game is how we just gave up after the Crows 3 quick goals in the third. We have a team that is so used to losing they just don’t want to fight.

We need to make a massive statement at selection this week and drop 4 or 5 players. We need a circuit breaker and we need it soon.

The biggest thing I took from the game is how we just gave up after the Crows 3 quick goals in the third. We have a team that is so used to losing they just don’t want to fight.

We need to make a massive statement at selection this week and drop 4 or 5 players. We need a circuit breaker and we need it soon.
I can only dream

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Adelaide's win was set up by their ability to score from turnovers, outscoring the Kangaroos 16.6 (102) to 6.4 (40). Eight of these goals came from forward half intercepts."

We shoot ourselves in the foot by just the sheer volume of turnovers, we would be far more competitive/win more games if we focused on not butchering the ball. If it was a focus to actually stop turning over the ball and people couldn't execute it then you simply must delist the worst offenders and make an attempt to correct the problem. It is just the same story year after year and we haven't really made any significant improvement in this area.

"Adelaide's win was set up by their ability to score from turnovers, outscoring the Kangaroos 16.6 (102) to 6.4 (40). Eight of these goals came from forward half intercepts."

We shoot ourselves in the foot by just the sheer volume of turnovers, we would be far more competitive/win more games if we focused on not butchering the ball. If it was a focus to actually stop turning over the ball and people couldn't execute it then you simply must delist the worst offenders and make an attempt to correct the problem. It is just the same story year after year and we haven't really made any significant improvement in this area.
What the *?? Get out? Really!? Turnovers cost us???

Who had 11 turnover?

Well, up to about the midway point of the second quarter, we weren't too bad. Thereafter, not so much.

Unfortunately, most of it was down to painfully familiar traits. Basic errors, poor forward entries, broken tackles, lack of pressure. And how much did Adelaide score from our turnovers? It's a stat that's grim reading for us most weeks.

The crows midfield beat us today and they were able to get the ball to the outside all too easily. From there it was off to the races.

Our back six mix needs changing too. Too tall & slow. We desperately need players with pace & rebound but our hopes for this are either injured (Goater), not there yet (Bergman) or maybe not going to get there (Perez). Oh yeah, someone to lock down the opposition's small forward would be good too.

And the less said about the umpiring, the better. Not the reason we lost today, but so frustrating to see identical incidents adjudicated so differently. Still shaking my head at how they missed the sliding free to McKay.

Well, up to about the midway point of the second quarter, we weren't too bad. Thereafter, not so much.

Unfortunately, most of it was down to painfully familiar traits. Basic errors, poor forward entries, broken tackles, lack of pressure. And how much did Adelaide score from our turnovers? It's a stat that's grim reading for us most weeks.

The crows midfield beat us today and they were able to get the ball to the outside all too easily. From there it was off to the races.

Our back six mix needs changing too. Too tall & slow. We desperately need players with pace & rebound but our hopes for this are either injured (Goater), not there yet (Bergman) or maybe not going to get there (Perez). Oh yeah, someone to lock down the opposition's small forward would be good too.

And the less said about the umpiring, the better. Not the reason we lost today, but so frustrating to see identical incidents adjudicated so differently. Still shaking my head at how they missed the sliding free to McKay.

We can’t ignore the role that pressure is playing in the modern game. The teams that can sustain it for the longest are most successful. Turnovers are the direct result of pressure. We all know that Harry is an elite kick. However, under relentless pressure, he turns it over. That’s the area we need to improve most importantly. The rest will take care of itself. You’d be surprised how more composed we’ll become once we can sustain pressure for four quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

First half pretty good, second half really bad. Would still have been satisfied if we pinched the last quarter but we really got downhill skid on.

Silver and Goldy were the lowlights for me today. Coaches need to find the gumption to do something about Silver, but I'm pretty sure they know exactly where they're at with Goldy.

We
We are still picking old teams. Don't think we've fielded a top 3 or even top 5 young team all year despite having a so-called young list.
we pick old limited plodders because there isn’t much talent in the magoos knocking down the door
I don’t even get texts or what’s app messages from mates when their teams play north anymore
What’s the point, everyone in footy knows we are a basket case

Never as good or as bad as it seems. 13 in a row baby! Soon to be 14. Then maybe we beat the Hawks.

So many soft efforts from senior players, one from Tucker in particular stands out. Long way to go.

I haven't watched the game, but judging by the comments LMAC must have done is yearly ritual of making Darcy Fogarty look like a potential Coleman Medallist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back