Autopsy Autopsy vs Crom

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't watched the game, but judging by the comments LMAC must have done is yearly ritual of making Darcy Fogarty look like a potential Coleman Medallist?
That was Corr.

McDonald was giving Rankine silver service.

We can’t ignore the role that pressure is playing in the modern game. The teams that can sustain it for the longest are most successful. Turnovers are the direct result of pressure. We all know that Harry is an elite kick. However, under relentless pressure, he turns it over. That’s the area we need to improve most importantly. The rest will take care of itself. You’d be surprised how more composed we’ll become once we can sustain pressure for four quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah true. But we also cough it up under little pressure all too often. That's a skill/system problem.

Anyone know how many 3rd quarters we've lost this year?..

It seems the pattern is we're pretty good in 1st halves, absolute poo in 3rd quarters and then fight back and have half decent 4th quarters which makes the score respectable..

Dunno.. just seems we have a nap at half time..

We’ve lost 12 third quarters
Kermit GIF

Yeah true. But we also cough it up under little pressure all too often. That's a skill/system problem.

I think time will tell. I cannot believe that Harry can have entered the AFL system as an elite kick and in the space of 14 weeks turned into a less-skilled turnover merchant. It has to be pressure. I’d put my house on it.

So sick of losing, and the attitude around our losses stinks. Just shrug of the shoulders and saying 'it'll happen soon'.

Something about this team isn't just a list issue, it's mental. North love to just stop caring the moment the minimum bar is met which at this rate is just to show up and maybe play one to two good quarters of football, and laugh it off to mask the cope. Whole thing just rubs me the wrong way and makes watching us kinda sickening.

Any self-respecting club would've dropped Luke MacDonald by now, it's a joke.

We have some of the laziest backline defence in the league, half of them are taking the piss and just drop their heads every week knowing its a long day at the office in a struggling club, yet if they just got their s**t together but they never will because they're as thick as pig s**t we would've converted multiple games this year into wins off the back of an even slightly improved backline. I'd wash most of it and start over, it's not working.

Can we give Archer a run as the lock down defender in the opposition's best small?

He performed better in the AFL than VFL people reported last year. What have we got to lose?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Last vfl game was his first full game for the year after recovering from op. I can see him coming in vs hawks if he plays well these next 2 games

Can we give Archer a run as the lock down defender in the opposition's best small?

He performed better in the AFL than VFL people reported last year. What have we got to lose?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He will get in soon enough. Injuries have messed him up. No point in picking an injured Archer over a healthy LMac, much though we’d like to see it.

The most remarkable thing about this thread is that people who rightly lament the amount of potatoes we have on our list, seem somehow surprised when a team who regularly beat up on potato-laden teams at home beat us up at home.

If you look at my Preview posts I knew it was coming, but again, it comes down to lamentable skill and effort that’s surprising

These are paid top $ to be elite; and we witness that second half?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So sick of losing, and the attitude around our losses stinks. Just shrug of the shoulders and saying 'it'll happen soon'.

Something about this team isn't just a list issue, it's mental. North love to just stop caring the moment the minimum bar is met which at this rate is just to show up and maybe play one to two good quarters of football, and laugh it off to mask the cope. Whole thing just rubs me the wrong way and makes watching us kinda sickening.

Any self-respecting club would've dropped Luke MacDonald by now, it's a joke.

We have some of the laziest backline defence in the league, half of them are taking the piss and just drop their heads every week knowing its a long day at the office in a struggling club, yet if they just got their s**t together but they never will because they're as thick as pig s**t we would've converted multiple games this year into wins off the back of an even slightly improved backline. I'd wash most of it and start over, it's not working.
1000% the bit in bold. That’s the biggest issue for me.

Even the attitude of a lot of our supporters who have been Stockholm-syndromed into liking this mediocrity: “oh shh, the future is bright, go barrack for someone else, we’re going to be great”.

We’re not necessarily going to be great. It’s not inevitable. Hell, we’re barely even marginally better than we were.

To be great, someone’s gotta drive standards. At the moment nobody seems to be. We have a captain who is deplorable, leaders at the helm above him who think it’s acceptable to keep picking him… And I’m at the stage I’m questioning the wisdom of the leaders above them.

We need a bottom to top review. This ain’t working.

1000% the bit in bold. That’s the biggest issue for me.

Even the attitude of a lot of our supporters who have been Stockholm-syndromed into liking this mediocrity: “oh shh, the future is bright, go barrack for someone else, we’re going to be great”.

We’re not necessarily going to be great. It’s not inevitable. Hell, we’re barely even marginally better than we were.

To be great, someone’s gotta drive standards. At the moment nobody seems to be. We have a captain who is deplorable, leaders at the helm above him who think it’s acceptable to keep picking him… And I’m at the stage I’m questioning the wisdom of the leaders above them.

We need a bottom to top review. This ain’t working.
Take a Xanax and pour a whisky and watch the 2nd half of the 2014 elim final. Never as good or as bad as it seems mate.

Good signs in the first half with the usual skill errors and poor mistakes. Thought we defended the drop of ball poorly in defence, often we'd have 3 on 1 and just concede goals.

Thought we looked flat after half time, was expecting we'd lose by 60-80 this week. I think we will be good for the run off the bye and put in a better performance next week (especially against a weak Geelong midfield). Also ran into a super hot team today.

Our form has been pretty obvious at times, but thinking we'd handle the bye against a team that pushed Collingwood and also have been thrashing teams at home, and had to absolutely win to stay in touch with the eight, the margin is about what you'd expect.

Today was actually better than i expected. I thought we’d lose by 10 goals plus without any hope. We did that but at least showed some excitement in the first half

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rd 1 - Liam Ryan - 3 goals*
Rd 2 - Michael Walers - 2 goals*
Rd 3 - Tyler Brockman - 3 goals*
Rd 4 - Jesse Motlop - 2 goals
Rd 5 - Charlie Cameron - 4 goals
Rd 6 - Ben Ainsworth - 2 goals
Rd 7 - Kosi Pickett - 3 goals
Rd 8 - Jack Higgins - 2 goals*
Rd 9 - Francis Evans - 2 goals
Rd 10 - Tom Papley - 0 goals ✅
Rd 11 - Jack Ginnivan - 2 goals
Rd 12 - Matt Guelfi - 2 goals
Rd 13 - Toby Greene - 3 goals*
Rd 14 - Cody Weightman - 6 goals*
Rd 16 - Izak Rankine - 5 goals*

* indicates their team's leading goal scorer

TOTAL = 41 goals (equivalent to 4th in the coleman)

It doesn't take a genius to see that whatever we are doing on the other side's small forward isn't working.

Every small forward has a field day.

Can we give the first option for once...? Frustrating how many times we get caught trying to take on the tackler...

About what I expected, a 10 goal loss to a team a few years ahead of us in terms of system, strength, fitness and skills.
It sucks to lose but the education from this game on workrate, pressure, skill and killer instinct will help us going forward.
This Crows team put 7 goals in a row on the Pies at the MCG so they're a flag chance very soon in my mind. They are even better at home.
Good 1st half pressure wise but we can't maintain it. Some poor positioning, fumbles (Corr, LMac) and turnovers cost us and Crows made us pay.
The Crows seemed to be able to maintain a very high pressure and really ramped it up in the 3rd quarter which caused our guys to panic/fumble a bit.
Big difference in how physically bigger/powerful, skilled, athletic and fitter the Crows were than us right now which is understandable right now.
They have a very dynamic forward group. It was stark comparing Rankine/Pedlar/Rachele to our forwards with how fit and classy they were.
Some of our forwards have talent but their workrate, skills and decision making have to go to another level to get us up the ladder.
A bit the same with the back six comparing our slower defenders (McKay/Ziebs/Corr/LMac) vs Milera/Worrell/Butts/Michalenney types.
It can be fixed but it's going to take time like it did at the Crows. Fitness and smart drafting/trading for more dynamic and skilled players needed.
Positives were TT, Scott, Wardlaw, Sheez, McKay, Bergman and Logue. LDU, Simpkin and Zurhaar trying to do it themselves.
I see improvement but its not going to pay off immediately until we start to get a collective playing together over a couple of seasons like the Crows have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back