Autopsy Autopsy vs Crows - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
On a side note I'd like for Kelly for not to commentate any of our games....or any for that matter, Hearing her bogan awful voice and getting a lot of stuff wrong is pretty cringe and painful to listen to.
It's like watching the footy and listening to 2 hours of Kath and Kim. God awful.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
I’m a traditionalist, I love the ball being bounced, brings an element of randomness to it.. players have to adapt on the fly, it’s a part of the game I’ve embraced.

The other option is they throw it up, like basketball, I’m sure you could get a perfect toss up every time, with the set plays that follow.
I'm a traditionalist too.

I like when umpires arnt egotistical * heads and umpire the game with the same interpretations for both teams.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should've scored from this.

Looking at it again I reckon Stevo should have given it to Cam when he was in right the middle (sometime in the period 7 - 8 seconds in your vid,) just forward of the centre circle, before he had that bounce. Ideally it would cause whoever is tracking back with Campbell a split second of hesitation and Campbell is 10 m free running into goal or Zurhaar is running thru the square to the top of the 50 with three options - Campbell, Turner (on his right flank) or having a shot on the run.

As it was he came under pressure from the three Adelaide chasers and Zurhaar got the ball under pressure, tho he still really should have kicked it after winning himself some space. That was poor finishing.

Nonetheless the fact they made that happen shows we have the players to make this work.

North Melbourne v Adelaide
9 Rory Laird (ADEL)
9 Lachlan Sholl (ADEL)
5 Reilly O'Brien (ADEL)
4 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
2 Tom Doedee (ADEL)
1 Jack Ziebell (NMFC)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
9 Rory Laird (ADEL)
9 Lachlan Sholl (ADEL)
5 Reilly O'Brien (ADEL)
4 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
2 Tom Doedee (ADEL)
1 Jack Ziebell (NMFC)

Noble showing himself as a harder operator than might be apparent.

Says nice things in the presser but how he votes might be an indication something different is said behind closed doors.

Talked up Kayne in the presser, gives his opponent top or close to top votes.

Despite his positive presser talk and our 2.5 quarters of decent effort he hasn't been seduced into handing out many North votes either and rightly so.

Themanbun

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Noble showing himself as a harder operator than might be apparent.

Says nice things in the presser but how he votes might be an indication something different is said behind closed doors.

Talked up Kayne in the presser, gives his opponent top or close to top votes.

Despite his positive presser talk and our 2.5 quarters of decent effort he hasn't been seduced into handing out many North votes either and rightly so.
The old adage is praise in public and criticise in private.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
a
Looking at it again I reckon Stevo should have given it to Cam when he was in right the middle (sometime in the period 7 - 8 seconds in your vid,) just forward of the centre circle, before he had that bounce. Ideally it would cause whoever is tracking back with Campbell a split second of hesitation and Campbell is 10 m free running into goal or Zurhaar is running thru the square to the top of the 50 with three options - Campbell, Turner (on his right flank) or having a shot on the run.

As it was he came under pressure from the three Adelaide chasers and Zurhaar got the ball under pressure, tho he still really should have kicked it after winning himself some space. That was poor finishing.

Nonetheless the fact they made that happen shows we have the players to make this work.
That play is what you call a coach killer, Slow players leading toward goal. Zurhaar leading towards the ball carriers space.
even if Steveo didn’t give it off earlier, the guys need to learn to lead forward or get out of the damn way to create space or at least keep the field wide.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can absolutely kick a football and has no trouble finding the pill.

I honestly don't know much about him but Kingy rates highly (I know people bag Kingy but he's North like McKernan big time)...........

Just nailed pass after pass whilst we kept stuffing it up - Scott, Turner and co I'm looking at you.

Was a stark difference in execution at the top level.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I honestly don't know much about him but Kingy rates highly (I know people bag Kingy but he's North like McKernan big time)...........

Just nailed pass after pass whilst we kept stuffing it up - Scott, Turner and co I'm looking at you.

Was a stark difference in execution at the top level.

Looked him up. Pick #64 2018. Craig Sholl nephew. :(

Gotta give it to the crows - then can identify talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a
That play is what you call a coach killer, Slow players leading toward goal. Zurhaar leading towards the ball carriers space.
even if Steveo didn’t give it off earlier, the guys need to learn to lead forward or get out of the damn way to create space or at least keep the field wide.
There's alot we need to learn, lol, but hopefully we have the players to do that. Stevo gets alot of run off the backline thru the corridor so we need to make the most of it.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He kept us in the game early. Was really good.

The kicks straight to opposition.

Outbodied by McAdam?

Stupid free gifting a goal?

Jack was Ok and far from our worst but no chance.

Ben McKay had a far better game than Jack.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Any thoughts on the warmth of Pastries yesterday?

We‘ve covered everything elseso my lunch being a pastie was warm.

As usual Orange Peanut kept a straight face when I announced “wtf is that ...tartare sauce” as I squeezed it partially over the pastie.

Must remember to pack the spectacles next time.
I too had an, at best, tepid pie......devoured though so that was the upside.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Any thoughts on the warmth of Pastries yesterday?

We‘ve covered everything elseso my lunch being a pastie was warm.

As usual Orange Peanut kept a straight face when I announced “wtf is that ...tartare sauce” as I squeezed it partially over the pastie.

Must remember to pack the spectacles next time.

The chips were hot and fresh, the pie less so. Yes, I am a fat campaigner.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
9 Rory Laird (ADEL)
9 Lachlan Sholl (ADEL)
5 Reilly O'Brien (ADEL)
4 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
2 Tom Doedee (ADEL)
1 Jack Ziebell (NMFC)

12 gamer got 9 votes, but I thought you need to play 50 games to be up to AFL standard?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
He’ll be fine. Laird held his knee post bump, suggesting he’d copped a slight knock to it in the bump process, then went off for assessment but it wasn’t a concussion assessment. Media are FoS!
Need you to get a job on the Match Review Panel, TT.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back