Autopsy Autopsy vs Crows - Rd 4, 2021

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What's wrong with this picture everyone?
5627bb19ae5432ec1abe62f9015d1deb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
RAZOR ******* RAY!!!!!

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
RAZOR ******* RAY!!!!!
Razor and his mates well and truly ****ed us today, the HTB rule was definitely not adjudicated the same.

Also even though he gave us a square up the non call of front on to Larkey was sapping at the time.

*en midget gimp is useless.

I’m still waiting for the holy trinity of umpires to come together at once, Razor, Eleni and Nicholls.

CBSlogger

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Felt flat as leaving the game but after watching the replay, I'm back in the proud & optimistic camp.

Sure Adelaide absolutely clocked red time in the last but i'm not dismissing the fact that being a man down all game was always going to catch up with us. Reminder too that before lost Zurhaar and LMac in the 1st qtr we already had Tarrant, Corr, Jed, Polec, Walker, Dumont, Taylor, Garner, Perez, Xerri & Walker unavailable for seniors.

We were going I50 to take back the lead with only 12 minutes left before Turner butchered that free kick, and within 3 goals at the 24 minute mark. Once they extended the lead after that the sting went out of the game so I'll forgive them for the last 5 minutes / 4 goals.

On the whole most were much better than last week and for longer, just 10 or so minutes short of what's required.

Noble is prepared to try players in new spots with some good resukts and our kids continue to show enough promise to keep me believing we'll be better than ok eventually. The only one I'm not seeing is Mahoney....he is just so, so limited.

The noise in the 3rd when we took the lead belied the small crowd, I've bloody missed that.

I can't see us winning at that sh!thole bowling alley next week but i reckon our first win is not far away.

chubbspeterson

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good things to like such as the young guys and Bonar being in defense makes a difference as he can lockdown small/medium types.
We ran out of gas in the end and the ball use needs work but some positive signs.
I like the selection of a second ruck but just not Campbell but clearly Garner and Xerri not fit enough yet. It also gives Goldy a chop out, what a warrior.
Watching it back a lot of good passages involved the young guys like Powell, Phillips, Lazzaro and Stephenson.
Umpiring was ordinary especially Razor. Felt like we couldn't win a clearance in the 4 quarter. Enjoy the ride.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At some point in the second half of the year, we’re going to have Corr, Luke and Taz back in defence. Xerri playing instead of Campbell. Then I’d like to add Turner and or Atu to take the smalls down back or maybe rotate fp/bp. Then throw Ziebs and Atley up forward. Jed, Polec and Dumont added to the mid rotations, wings and half back.

we’ve already unearthed some quality this year through injuries providing opportunities. We really do have an alright looking squad when they’re fit.

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Razor ****ed us over again- the htb against us were a joke while Adelaide could do no wrong.

Halls best game but not sure what that's worth at this point in time.

Doodee carved us up all game and funnily enough, we just kept on putting it down his throat.

Campbell should not play again.

Turners game was shithouse other than giving Laird the shits. Laird racked up 33% of the Crows clearances with 5 inside 50s.

TT with another 12 possy game. Not good enough although atleast he kicked goals that were available. Play him off HB.

Powell - Wow. Plays like a 100 gamer.

Love the look of Phillips. Will be seriously good after 50 games imo

LDU will be a *ing gun. His defensive work is improving each week. Stay patient.

Cunners beaten by Keayes but once again arse ****ed by the maggots. Getting sick of it.

Zurhaar was trash for the 5 mins he played.

Hayden's 1st quarter diabolical.

Loved Larkeys game. His defensive work was A+ imo.

Jy getting it a lot but not doing much with it.

Atley - meh. Again.

McKay very good.

1st quarter average. Thumbs up for 2nd and 3rd quarters, 4th quarter complete puss and the boys put up the white flag about 10 mins in. Not ******* good enough.

Edit: in saying that, I'm positive we will see a turn late in the year. We will win games imo.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

ohh_v

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool F.C
We are progressing nicely. Sure, some of the things we are seeing are pretty frustrating but we are in Round 4 of a rebuild.

To be able to bounce back from the travesty that was last week was great to see.

Powell just keeps getting better and better in each game, and Phillips and Lazzaro continuing to show some nice signs too.

If we can somehow get Xerri match fit, having the both of him and Goldy rotate forward is going to help us a bunch. This is not to mention having the likes of Corr and Taz back who would be massive misses for any side.

Was worried about Tex, but Bmac had a really good game against him.

Razor Ray can get f*cked.

Last edited:

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I actually thought Campbell was Adelaide’s biggest weapon.

I’ve seen Auskick kids with better hands, is like a statue when it hits the ground, and when he wasn’t getting outmarked when being in best position, he was knocking our players over.

Surely another coach cans the idea of this bloke contributing anything more than be insurance if Goldy can’t play.
With how many dropped grabs today, I am guessing he could've finished with 3? 4? 5?

The crows had no answer for him. He just couldn't keep it in his hands!

We absolutely blew the opportunity to expose them without Talia and before O'Brien could get down there.

People are dismissing the fitness idea but our mids and flankers had to work twice as hard for the ball to make it for a goal.

We will struggle to win next week and I don't expect us to be competitive if Xerri isn't an IN.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Umpiring was just about as dreadful as it has been for a while now.

It's actually funny that they find the most soft and BS frees then ignore the ones that stick out like dogs balls.

Goldy pushed or got someone hands in the back before there was a free kick our way. Went unnoticed. Umps are just so s**t at their job.

Excellent post. Agree with every single word.

Except I had Taylor in the side next week twice, left out Turner... which is tempting but not going to happen.

Hopefully Spicer can play some decent footy in the VFL and have a crack in the AFL side later in the season, when the ball hits the grass in our forward 50 there usually isn't a north player ready to crumb, which is disappointing. I'd like to see Mahony more of a goal scoring forward, because he isn't doing it for me as a midfielder atm and I think it is better to blood Phillips, Powell, etc as much as possible in the guts before Dumont and Anderson return.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whoever was the main culprit in finding Doedee, by foot, should be shaking.

Why keep kicking it, near him?

That being said, the boy is a quality player.

Even better character.

Gbonl

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Most things have been better said than I can.

I loved the atmosphere the run on in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, hitting the lead at 3/4 time. The crowd up and about, like a sonic boom sweeping the stadium.

In the 2nd quarter there was two easy misses and dropped marks that could have deflated the team, so then to hit the lead in the 3rd, shows that we’re building and on our way.

One that stood out to me was Bailey Scott, really like his moves in close.

Great effort to all those that turned up and supported the team, this is what it’s about, diamonds are produced from the most intense pressure and it will make the victories even sweeter.

Someone mentioned that this is the worst opening 4 games in North’s history, I like to think that records good or bad are there to be broken and when that wheel turns we will experience record breaking highs.

The amount of crap North cop from the Media down to the average supporter, reveals the bullies for what they are and to borrow a phrase from the good book, God turns all things for good.

That is what the Shinboner Spirit is, it is timeless like David smashing Goliath, Gideons and his lap dogs defeating 10 fold armies and this is why I love North Melbourne, you either get it or you don’t.

We will have our victories. We are the only team who acknowledges God in our song and God will reward that.

That is what the atmosphere was about today, little glimpses and when it all clicks, no team will be able to withstand that assault.

ohh_v

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool F.C
All and sundry expect us to fail, if not actively wanting us to fail.

This should not extend to the umpires as well. As bad as we've been, we have been absolutely reamed by atrocious officiating this season.

weirdo

Debutant
Aug 18, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, LFC, Cavs
Sorry to intrude but I wanted to comment on Tom Powell. As a Sturt supporter I can say that when he reaches his prime he's gonna be a clearance beast that averages 27+. You've got a real good one there and I'm jealous as hell. Gun.

I actually picked you guys to win today; you tend to do a number on us when you're underdogs and felt confident with that at 3qt. Just ran out of legs in the end and being a man down never helps. You'll pick up some wins somewhere - you've got a lot of young talent and the right man leading the way. The wheel can turn quickly.

Durdin was inexplicably still on the list from about 2018 onwards.

Not only that, he is now potting the players on Twitter comparing them to disabled athletes. This is a bloke whose career highlight is getting knocked out by Sandilands and big Sandi knocking himself out in the process, that’s literally it. His personality is below average even for a South Australian.

Also this. As a South Australian I'm used to comments like this but it'll always be pretty s**t to say. You've got a few on your list.

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Sorry to intrude but I wanted to comment on Tom Powell. As a Sturt supporter I can say that when he reaches his prime he's gonna be a clearance beast that averages 27+. You've got a real good one there and I'm jealous as hell. Gun.

I actually picked you guys to win today; you tend to do a number on us when you're underdogs and felt confident with that at 3qt. Just ran out of legs in the end and being a man down never helps. You'll pick up some wins somewhere - you've got a lot of young talent and the right man leading the way. The wheel can turn quickly.

Also this. As a South Australian I'm used to comments like this but it'll always be pretty sh*t to say. You've got a few on your list.

Look forward to adding another in Horne.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Also this. As a South Australian I'm used to comments like this but it'll always be pretty sh*t to say. You've got a few on your list.

Would have thought most of the board ignored the comment made on Durdin.

It was an average comment from Alcott who thought he was being funny. He’s a public figure and needed to save that message for his WhatsApp chat with his mates. Pretty much all that Durdin was saying.

Ps. If you’re with ANZ, make a statement and move banks ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

WesternRoo

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2007
Wattleup Stadium
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Club Oz Cougars
To lose like that in the last is so disappointing after our 3rd quarter.

A loss I could accept. Not that.

But injuries are also killing us:

This is our best 22 who were, in Capitals , missing today:

MCDONALD -McKay- CORR

Ziebell - TARRANT - Hall

POLEC - ANDERSON - Stephenson

Thomas - COMBEN/WALKER - Ldu

ZURHAAR - Larkey - TAYLOR

Goldstein - Cunnington - Simpkin

DUMONT - Scott - Powell - Phillips/Lazarro

We are missing 9 out our first 22 with 3 of our best defenders in that.

Our side is not good enough to withstand those outs, as our very best side is mediocre/developing at present.

Having said that, we also don't seem fit enough. Our strength and conditioning needs a major overall.

The kids are good from last year. Powell is a jet and will end up the best one of all. Phillips and Lazarro at very least will be quality B grade players. We badly lack those types (let alone A graders) at present.

Looking forward to seeing Ford and Spicer soon enough.

I've given up on Atley and co (although Ziebell had a good game). We are gaining nothing by persisting with Atley and Turner.

Tom Campbell. FFS. I'm lost for words. This is a Brad Scott style selection I thought we had ditched. Picking him over Xerri is like Scott picking Campbell over Larkey.

LDU, Thomas, Scott, Zurhaar, Taylor, Xerri need to step up big time quickly or we are further behind in this rebuild than we think (which would explain the weekly pegging we are copping at present).

On a positive note our percentage increased 6% today.

Back