Autopsy Autopsy vs Dogs - fsahidgajdfsgkjksaf

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst gutted for the team I think this loss is good in some ways. We stay bottom 5, which we need to do to get top talent and the guys know they can match it with anybody bar maybe GWS in the comp.

It also doesn't wallpaper over the fact our skill and decision making is average, so many times we took the harder kick inside 50 when guys were wide open or streaming alongside inside 50 for a little chip kick or handball to run into goal, we kick it to a pack situation.
We have some pretty dumb footballers when the pressure mounts and I thought the Dogs skill was just a bit better in this regard.
But you have got to admire that they didn't give up, we didn't get much luck our way either.

Unfortunately we are legitimately the second worst side in the league. Our midfield must be the worst though. We will never be a good side with this midfield. All of them are battlers except for Cunners. Goldstein is a joke now - wouldn't be a top 10 ruckman in the afl.

Please let's stop talking finals brad and keep experimenting with more players. I want pick 2

We didn't really deserve to win but: actually we ******* did, with that absolute campaigner of a team getting their usual free ride from the umps and just because of how much I ******* hate them.

Midfield is - as usual - the problem. Cunners can only do so much. Swallow was ok but is obviously not the future. Dumont again a concern, and needs to be dropped. Higgins is a bit head ****ed I reckon. Clarke again is not clean enough by hand, Ziebell should be a part-time mid only. Mountford was pretty invisible but I'd persist because who else?

The fact that we almost - we should - have won should make us kinda proud but I've just been out for a wonderful birthday dinner of martinis, rose, fresh crab and calamari and I still want to see the Bulldogs team and their umpire mates interned in a 1930's Soviet gulag, slowly starving to death in the sleet.

Does anyone know the uncontested marks inside 50 count?

Stats could make a liar of me, but the amount of free players they had inside their 50 was inexcusable. Something you'd see in junior footy.

Either a case of our mids not willing to work back hard enough to cover, or they're simply too slow to get back and cover. Either way it's not good.

Do the Mods just give up after a game?

Awesome...time to post bikini babes.

Your the only one on?

Wheres the other....getting the Lycra on I suppose.

All good....tears and JD taste good here.

The warp speed flux capacitor was on the blink. FMD Gaso.

Simon Lethlean was being interviewed by Julian de Stoop at our local Auskick yesterday morning. After sitting through that three hours of orifice aft umpire slaughtering I wish like holy hell said Auskick was instead set down for Sunday morning.

If we had lofty ambiitions this year I suspect my head could have exploded. We don't, so instead my voice is gone and I'm somewhat over it already.

We had plenty of chances to win despite the stitch up. Poor decisions by us going forward cost us plenty.

F*** it!:thumbsdown:

PS. Christ I love Cunners.

From the HS website

Western Bulldogs get out of jail with one-point win against North Melbourne
Sam Edmund, Herald Sun
June 24, 2017 11:17pm
Subscriber only
LET’S clear this up straight away — the Western Bulldogs aren’t back, they’re just extremely lucky.

The premier got the four points against North Melbourne, but also got the rub of the green from the umpires in a drama-packed night under the lid.

LIVE BLOG: RECAP THE INCREDIBLE FINISH

MATCH CENTRE: FULL STATS AND SUPERCOACH POINTS

We don’t often talk about free kick counts or the officials, but such was the influence it — and they — had on this game it would be ridiculous to ignore it.

ef93b7b8a643a5afb82cbf04d4b6a05e

Marcus Bontempelli charges out of the centre. Picture: Michael Klein
The Bulldogs led by 18 points at quarter-time, 21 at halftime and 26 at the 11-minute mark of the last quarter. Yet how they escaped with a one-point victory might keep Brad Scott awake at night for some time.

The final free kick count was 26-13 in the Dogs’ favour. At one stage it was 15-2 and the Bronx cheers echoed around Etihad Stadium on the rare occasion the Roos got one.

No one is saying the Dogs didn’t play some solid football and even briefly rekindled memories of last year’s run to glory with some passages of play.

But there will be no hangover from this win.

With North Melbourne charging, Shaun Higgins had a shot from 45m out directly in front to cut margin to seven in the shadows of three-quarter time.

He was poleaxed from behind by Jake Stringer after being called to play-on, unbeknown to him.

The countdown clock isn’t shown in the final two minutes of each quarter, but the officiating umpire didn’t appear to tell Higgins to play-on. That call came from his colleague 40m away, which only Stringer appeared to hear.

27fc98893d74c147dfa632c85f6a9284

Shaun Higgins asks for an explanation from the umpire at three-quarter time. Picture: Michael Klein
01bdb8b5cd842c57fcd151f8a893095b

Jake Stringer kicks the winning point with 40 seconds to go. Picture: Michael Klein
The Bulldogs had the game back under their command when Matt Suckling snapped truly to put them 26 points up halfway through the last term.

But North again refused to roll over, jamming on four consecutive goals in 10 minutes. That’s when the Roos again copped the rough end of the stick.

Ben Brown marked on the edge of the goalsquare and quickly goaled to put his side in front with less than three minutes left. Or so he thought.

Mason Wood was penalised for an illegal block and the goal was chalked off. Higgins then missed a snap, the ball flew down the other end from the kick-in and Jake Stringer’s missed set shot was enough to get the Dogs out of jail.

5ddc1f24a483e50d6d6d6dd16c83757c

Easton Wood flies for the bouncing ball. Picture: Michael Klein
However, there were signs of life that they will cling to at the kennel. Marcus Bontempelli (32 disposals) was back to his silky best, Liam Picken did those unfathomable Liam Picken things, Mitch Wallis continued what’s been an incredible comeback and Tom Campbell overwhelmed Todd Goldstein to stamp himself on the contest.

The Kangaroos bent but never broke and were potent in the forward half. With Jarrad Waite lively in a new role on a wing, Brown flourished while Taylor Garner quelled Jason Johannisen at the other end.

North had an extraordinary 11 scoring shots from their first 12 inside-50s and had 12 from 20 at halftime and kept coming amid the controversy.

Dogs coach Luke Beveridge believed beating North in Round 20 last year after losing Jack Redpath, Mitch Wallis, Tom Liberatore and Jack Macrae fuelled his side’s run to glory.

This time it kept their head above water. Just.

SAM EDMUND’S BEST

Western Bulldogs: Bontempelli, Campbell, Macrae, Picken, Wallis, Hunter, Stringer

North Melbourne: Cunnington, Waite, Higgins, Brown

Brisbane lions would have beat bulldogs tonight so the coming back doesnt flatter us.
Crap team crap coach.
Tank me away.....
BTW thanks Petrie for playing a good game for west coast but where were you when we needed you last year?

From the HS website

Western Bulldogs get out of jail with one-point win against North Melbourne
Sam Edmund, Herald Sun
June 24, 2017 11:17pm
Subscriber only
LET’S clear this up straight away — the Western Bulldogs aren’t back, they’re just extremely lucky.

The premier got the four points against North Melbourne, but also got the rub of the green from the umpires in a drama-packed night under the lid.

LIVE BLOG: RECAP THE INCREDIBLE FINISH

MATCH CENTRE: FULL STATS AND SUPERCOACH POINTS

We don’t often talk about free kick counts or the officials, but such was the influence it — and they — had on this game it would be ridiculous to ignore it.

ef93b7b8a643a5afb82cbf04d4b6a05e

Marcus Bontempelli charges out of the centre. Picture: Michael Klein
The Bulldogs led by 18 points at quarter-time, 21 at halftime and 26 at the 11-minute mark of the last quarter. Yet how they escaped with a one-point victory might keep Brad Scott awake at night for some time.

The final free kick count was 26-13 in the Dogs’ favour. At one stage it was 15-2 and the Bronx cheers echoed around Etihad Stadium on the rare occasion the Roos got one.

No one is saying the Dogs didn’t play some solid football and even briefly rekindled memories of last year’s run to glory with some passages of play.

But there will be no hangover from this win.

With North Melbourne charging, Shaun Higgins had a shot from 45m out directly in front to cut margin to seven in the shadows of three-quarter time.

He was poleaxed from behind by Jake Stringer after being called to play-on, unbeknown to him.

The countdown clock isn’t shown in the final two minutes of each quarter, but the officiating umpire didn’t appear to tell Higgins to play-on. That call came from his colleague 40m away, which only Stringer appeared to hear.

27fc98893d74c147dfa632c85f6a9284

Shaun Higgins asks for an explanation from the umpire at three-quarter time. Picture: Michael Klein
01bdb8b5cd842c57fcd151f8a893095b

Jake Stringer kicks the winning point with 40 seconds to go. Picture: Michael Klein
The Bulldogs had the game back under their command when Matt Suckling snapped truly to put them 26 points up halfway through the last term.

But North again refused to roll over, jamming on four consecutive goals in 10 minutes. That’s when the Roos again copped the rough end of the stick.

Ben Brown marked on the edge of the goalsquare and quickly goaled to put his side in front with less than three minutes left. Or so he thought.

Mason Wood was penalised for an illegal block and the goal was chalked off. Higgins then missed a snap, the ball flew down the other end from the kick-in and Jake Stringer’s missed set shot was enough to get the Dogs out of jail.

5ddc1f24a483e50d6d6d6dd16c83757c

Easton Wood flies for the bouncing ball. Picture: Michael Klein
However, there were signs of life that they will cling to at the kennel. Marcus Bontempelli (32 disposals) was back to his silky best, Liam Picken did those unfathomable Liam Picken things, Mitch Wallis continued what’s been an incredible comeback and Tom Campbell overwhelmed Todd Goldstein to stamp himself on the contest.

The Kangaroos bent but never broke and were potent in the forward half. With Jarrad Waite lively in a new role on a wing, Brown flourished while Taylor Garner quelled Jason Johannisen at the other end.

North had an extraordinary 11 scoring shots from their first 12 inside-50s and had 12 from 20 at halftime and kept coming amid the controversy.

Dogs coach Luke Beveridge believed beating North in Round 20 last year after losing Jack Redpath, Mitch Wallis, Tom Liberatore and Jack Macrae fuelled his side’s run to glory.

This time it kept their head above water. Just.

SAM EDMUND’S BEST

Western Bulldogs: Bontempelli, Campbell, Macrae, Picken, Wallis, Hunter, Stringer

North Melbourne: Cunnington, Waite, Higgins, Brown

Well that's not what I was expecting, an accurate article.

Jack Ziebell is a talented player but has near zero poise or awareness. His hack kicks forward off one step would give any forward nightmares. He's not on his own and his endeavour can't be denied, but his first year as skipper has been disappointing.
It's not just that. He has a woeful tank. He gives it his all but is constantly hunching over at breaks. Struggles to run both ways. After many preseasons his endurance as a midfielder isn't that of AFL standard IMO. Do you blame Jack or his development for this? :stern look

Noticed it
Does anyone know the uncontested marks inside 50 count?

Stats could make a liar of me, but the amount of free players they had inside their 50 was inexcusable. Something you'd see in junior footy.

Either a case of our mids not willing to work back hard enough to cover, or they're simply too slow to get back and cover. Either way it's not good.
Noticed it in the first half but improved, i think in the second

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just that. He has a woeful tank. He gives it his all but is constantly hunching over at breaks. Struggles to run both ways. After many preseasons his endurance as a midfielder isn't that of AFL standard IMO. Do you blame Jack or his development for this? :stern look
Neither. Not everyone is an endurance supreme athlete :)

J Mac isn't a defenders a-hole. There is so many times that his positioning in the contest is atrocious. Needs to play on the wing or not at all.

The quicker we * off the kick out routine where he gets it in the pocket and bombs it to no one the better.

You keep on telling yourself that. :stern look
You misinterpreted what i meant.

Im not Jack's biggest fan i can tell you that but im sure he gets the most out of himself and i don't buy into this development problem we supposedly have according to some posters.

At the game some of the decisions were insane. It was hard to see the Wood block I would love to see the replay. It certainly seemed like Higgins had taken 3 steps before play on was called. But the worst free kick of all time was the hands in the back on ziebell in the first....both hands right on the ball!

One thing I've always thought is the corruption in sports like cricket. Literally the umpiring is held to such a high standard. And in the AFL one suggestion corrupt umpires will be met with utter ridicule. Yet if I was a book maker looking to bribe I mean we have a foolproof system in place to ensure you are never caught - just go to the AFL.

Anyway, not actually suggesting corruption, how would I know that. Just rambling madly as that was devastating.

As someone has pointed out, we played well, we get a better draft pick

Dogs scored a goal from a deadset throw, inconsistent with players falling on each other......or rather consistently the bulldogs way. And arm chops another one way street. Im sure they can go through each one and make a case, problem is a lot of it is technically there, they're just not as technical for both teams.

Dogs scored a goal from a deadset throw, inconsistent with players falling on each other......or rather consistently the bulldogs way. And arm chops another one way street. Im sure they can go through each one and make a case, problem is a lot of it is technically there, they're just not as technical for both teams.
Well Ben Browns arms are technically the ball if you are an AFL umpire.

Just home from the game. Disgusting umpiring. Only trumped by the 94 Prelim and the 15 Prelim. That free that prevented BBB's goal was a disgrace. An umpire trying to find a reason to deny a goal. Was he under instruction?? Maybe.

Aside from the game defining umpiring we were poor for the majority of the game, some points:

-Have heard JZ has been playing with osteoitis pubis and broken ribs and will most likely be rested with season done.
-Cunnington's last quarter was outstanding. Clearly our best player along with Taz.
-Maj plays every game for the rest of the year. We are more dangerous with him in. He also looked more likley in the ruck.
-Goldy beaten again.
-We have foumd another in Mountford. The kid can play and play him we should.
-Our disposal is still a huge concern.
-We can be a bloody good side when we get our s**t together.
-might add more if I can stomach the replay tomorrow.

I wouldnt be surprised one bit, ive never seen him show so much pain in a game before. He's obviously carrying some sort of nasty injury.

Our mids were shithouse most of the match, Cunnington extracted the digit in the last quarter, the only player to have 20+ disposals. How can you be a professional footballer who is on the park for an hour and a half and touch the ball only 10-15 times, it would be harder to intentionally not touch the ball.

He probably had more contested possessions than anyone else had possessions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back