Autopsy Autopsy vs Dogs - fsahidgajdfsgkjksaf

Remove this Banner Ad

The older part is great...but we spent a week living in an Apartment up near the main train station and it was dirty and creepy
Ok, there's your problem. We stayed airBnB in Trastevere, would highly recommend.

So the Higgins "Play on!" fiasco.

He was awarded a free and is still laying on the ground with 43s on the clock with no indication hes ready to take his kick.

Umpire called Play on with 14s on the clock.

So no matter how you look at it the ump ****ed up, being out of position AND not giving enough time.

Cept the ****en umpiring.

Don't worry about it mate.

What would a win tonight matter in the big scheme of things? Bugger all.

Bring me that number two pick.;)

And on the umpiring, among all the lowlights, my favourite was probably Cunnington being called twice for throwing. Against the chuckers who were again not called on theirs once. The irony

Both were throws, no doubt. But as you said, irony as there might have been 20 plus throws by them tonight, and many of the throws were very obvious. Not one called, and yet it is common knowledge that they throw - umps must be aware and need to pay it to wipe this blight from the game. They have eyes - they saw Ben10's throws as plain as day.

Taz had a couple of jumper pulls paid as well tonight. Fair enough, but what frees did North get in the forward line? Brown gets his arms chopped... Nada. Thomson touches some bloke on the hand and three whistles go.

As for the Higgins play-on call. There was no 15 second warning - the ump called out "5". Does he think that a unique call (when in the same situation others call out "15 seconds", often with a friendly first name) will make him stand out?

... I heard multiple umps calling out, "15 gone Jakey" to stringer not that long afterwards.

Last edited:
I'll bite and stick up.for the captain.That's just a cheap shot.

Twice every footy season my brother and I have a kick to kick before the game, the purpose being to remind yourself just how hard this game is even to just execute basic skills. Without pressure.

Please remind yourself on the challenges of the game when you want to spear our captain after we lose by one point.
What are you saying - because you can't kick the ball to your brother that makes our Captain's 18 disposals at a DE of 45% ok? Have i read your post correctly?

Jack is letting us down now - Cunners lifted in the last qtr after an ordinary three quarters - the Captain just couldn't find anything.

He just looks lost out there - i hear now in the presser there is talk of a shoulder injury....hmmmm.

Scott: "If you mark the ball or get the ball under little pressure, please handball and handball until you get under intense pressure and turn it over. Rinse, Repeat" #aflroosanyoneweplayagainst

This tactic is so mind numbingly stupid I simply struggle to comprehend it.

Oh no, I love Rome. Astounding city.
Couldn't agree more. The highlights of Florence are amazing - Uffizi, the Duomo, ponte vecchio, but the rest of Florence is just like the other medieval cities only more crowded.

I loved Lucca, Naples and Palermo more as places to just hang and get the vibe without feeling like you're on a tourist conveyor belt.

Hear hear.

He wasn't 10/10 but I won't cop cheap potting of the skipper .
Mate there is no potting and he doesn't need people to 'stick up' for him - he just needs to improve.

If the captaincy is distracting him he needs to talk to the club about it at the end of the year - there is nothing worse for a club than to have a captain out of form for an extended period of time.

We can't complain about our 'midfield' then excuse every member of it - Jack is captain of the club and he will be the first to say he is playing crap and not pulling his weight right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both were throws, no doubt. But as you said, irony as there might have been 20 plus throws by them tonight, and many of the throws were very obvious. Not one called, and yet it is common knowledge that they throw - umps must be aware and need to pay it to wipe this blight from the game. They have eyes - they saw Ben10's throws as plain as day.

Taz had a couple of jumper pulls paid as well tonight. Fair enough, but what frees did North get in the forward line? Brown gets his arms chopped... Nada. Thomson touches some bloke on the hand and three whistles go.

As for the Higgins play-on call. There was no 15 second warning - the ump called out "5". Does he think that a unique call (when in the same situation others call out "15 seconds", often with a friendly first name... I heard multiple umps calling out, "15 gone Jakey" to stringer not that long afterwards.

See what I mean.

:p

Don't worry about it mate.

What would a win tonight matter in the big scheme of things? Bugger all.

Bring me that number two pick.;)
Problem is like our junk time goals to make a flogging look like a closer game, we will win a lot of games toward the end of the season and Finnish 9th.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

What are you saying - because you can't kick the ball to your brother that makes our Captain's 18 disposals at a DE of 45% ok? Have i read your post correctly?

Jack is letting us down now - Cunners lifted in the last qtr after an ordinary three quarters - the Captain just couldn't find anything.

He just looks lost out there - i hear now in the presser there is talk of a shoulder injury....hmmmm.
Of course not.

The point I make is that it is a tough game to play. Too many people sitting on level 2 want to tell players of all teams what they should have done better.

Jack Ziebell doesn't try and palm the ball off to the nearest bloke just to keep his efficiency stats high. He takes his resposibility. Undoubtedly he could use it better, but DE stats are totally devoid of context.

Couldn't agree more. The highlights of Florence are amazing - Uffizi, the Duomo, ponte vecchio, but the rest of Florence is just like the other medieval cities only more crowded.

I loved Lucca, Naples and Palermo more as places to just hang and get the vibe without feeling like you're on a tourist conveyor belt.
Loved Luca too , Florence is a bit like Dubrovnik, incredible medieval town, but too many bus loads of Chinese tourists.

Is anyone watching Fox footy right now? Jonno is having a laugh at Higgins, saying why couldn't he look at the scoreboard to see how much time he had left.

Can someone remind this flog that they don't show the countdown clock when there's less than two minutes left?
I'd forgotten about that. Ridiculous situation then - you have a guy lining up for goal who's just copped a hit to the head, and the umpire approx 50m from him calls "5" and then "play on". Meanwhile, the ump no more than 10m away stands silently!! Kudos to stringer though for seemingly being the only player paying any attention - ultimately a match winning play.

Our midfield is worrying though. The youngsters just aren't coming showing enough. Clarke looks good when he gets it, but 9 touches is nowhere near it. Dumont seems to have stalled, but is very vanilla anyway. And I know VW's injury may have precipitated this - but why is Lmac playing in the backline again? Thought he was starting to look good up the ground.

Umpiring stupidity aside, again too many passengers.
Ziebell was on his haunches most of the game?
I think Majak rucking at the start of the third and fourth quarters was a fair sign of what is to come for Goldy this week. Welcome back Preuss.
Dumont was tracking well and all the sudden has hit the wall? What the?
Thompson was woeful. Far too loose on Stringer.
Atley went backwards. Luke Mac only fair.
Wood largely invisible....even Taz was shakier than usual.
Waite to wing worked. Spitter pretty good.
Clarke isn't winning possession like he was when he came in last year?
Mountford not as lively, appeared to take a mark which was not paid?
We had no midfield at all until Cunnington showed real leadership to lift us (with assistance from Brown up forward) in the last.
Too much left to too few.

I'd forgotten about that. Ridiculous situation then - you have a guy lining up for goal who's just copped a hit to the head, and the umpire approx 50m from him calls "5" and then "play on". Meanwhile, the ump no more than 10m away stands silently!! Kudos to stringer though for seemingly being the only player paying any attention - ultimately a match winning play.

Our midfield is worrying though. The youngsters just aren't coming showing enough. Clarke looks good when he gets it, but 9 touches is nowhere near it. Dumont seems to have stalled, but is very vanilla anyway. And I know VW's injury may have precipitated this - but why is Lmac playing in the backline again? Thought he was starting to look good up the ground.
4th umpire . Just what we needed, additional conflicting interpretations and over riding each other.
I wonder what other sport in the world has even half the officials we have?
Go back to two and make the *ers run and earn their money

Jack Ziebell is a talented player but has near zero poise or awareness. His hack kicks forward off one step would give any forward nightmares. He's not on his own and his endeavour can't be denied, but his first year as skipper has been disappointing.

I don't understand this line of thinking.

If we pinched it we still sit here vaguely at the bottom of the ladder.

Right now our biggest 'cracks' are lack of consistent effort, lack of skill execution and lack of consistent good decision making..

I guess what I was trying to articulate (quite poorly) was that I felt like we were outplayed throughout the night and we probably didn't deserve to pinch it, even though we came close. Maybe it is just a supporters grief trying to deal with another one that got away.

I actually agree with you on this OF. The fundamental issues in our game would remain, win or loss. And our failings will be magnified in review behind closed doors throughout the week, regardless of result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back