Autopsy Autopsy vs Fremantle: lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo kicks a point to tie up the scores. We have the kick in. It's getting deep into the game. Any other team looks for a quick and direct route to goal. Not our lot. We have Scott Thompson attempting to "hit the boundary" - but miss and kick out on the full. Skill error aside, WTF is the story with going so wide? Are we icing the clock? Were we happy to play for a draw? Or do we just happen to have some particularly unaware players?
Players don't have much choice, just doing the puppet thing, trained and instructed that way......by their puppeteers to be defensive, sideways, backwards, hand-ball & chip-ball, North are just NOT the attacking type, not much intenstinal-wise all-round.

Appalling call. Was straight after he had been totally smashed after one of the most courageous efforts I've seen from an NM player for years. He did Arch's number proud yesterday.

The mark was courageous but he was hardly smashed and still should have kicked the goal.

I'm all for having fun and making the odd double entendre, but surely there comes a point where football talk should take precedence to giggling about numbers.

It's common for teens to joke about 69's right up until they start performing them. Then it's no longer so much of a joke. Did you miss a stage of development?
I think that was a stern look.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I'm all for having fun and making the odd double entendre, but surely there comes a point where football talk should take precedence to giggling about numbers.

It's common for teens to joke about 69's right up until they start performing them. Then it's no longer so much of a joke. Did you miss a stage of development?
I've been told that I missed all 69 stages of development. :stern look

Freo kicks a point to tie up the scores. We have the kick in. It's getting deep into the game. Any other team looks for a quick and direct route to goal. Not our lot. We have Scott Thompson attempting to "hit the boundary" - but miss and kick out on the full. Skill error aside, WTF is the story with going so wide? Are we icing the clock? Were we happy to play for a draw? Or do we just happen to have some particularly unaware players?

Now compare that with how many times they sliced us open from their kick ins in the last quarter alone. I've been saying it this for years it's not just our inaccuracy that kills us, it's the fact teams can take it down the field within 10 seconds from the resulting kick in, we are the easiest back 50 exit/coast to coast team in the comp. we can only lock the ball in if the opposition makes a horrible skill error, otherwise we just look half asleep. On a brighter note I don't think freo exited yesterday with a target kick to the ruckman with one of our short people on him, that's been a feature lately.

Now compare that with how many times they sliced us open from their kick ins in the last quarter alone. I've been saying it this for years it's not just our inaccuracy that kills us, it's the fact teams can take it down the field within 10 seconds from the resulting kick in, we are the easiest back 50 exit/coast to coast team in the comp. we can only lock the ball in if the opposition makes a horrible skill error, otherwise we just look half asleep. On a brighter note I don't think freo exited yesterday with a target kick to the ruckman with one of our short people on him, that's been a feature lately.

I know he had a shocker yesterday, but why hasn't Majak been used as a long target from kickouts this year? Seemed to be a good target in previous years.

i want to know why the players don't seem interested at the start of games? First quarter was a disgrace and second was just ok.

Last edited:
I know he had a shocker yesterday, but why hasn't Majak been used as a long target from kickouts this year? Seemed to be a good target in previous years.
Unfortunate that Brad does not capitalise on the player skills or what they are good at, trying to make players jack of all trades which makes for very average players.....moulding of players can take a very long time, if at all.....reminds me of John Longmire when recruited because he was a very good Goal Kicker, coach of the day decided to make a back-man of him instead of initially capitalising on him as a forward, yes he was ok 'back' but not as good as he was 'Forward'.

In the worda of Derek Kickett recently (hating the current/modern style) lamenting on the fact that modern game does not allow players to 'Play naturally' or to their natural abilities.

Coaches don't like AFL tweaking the rules, yet they try to spend too much time tweaking the players.

Tweaking should be stopped, tweaking interferes ......let nature take it's course and grow.

View attachment 390829 First time I've come across these stats on the app. I find the above remarkable, especially considering they had one bloke on the field who couldn't run for 3/4 of the game.

Great find. Please continue to post them.

I'd wager the Hills & Walters are responsible for the differential.

i want to know why the places don't seem interested at the start of games? First quarter was a disgrace and second was just ok.

I have had a chance to look at this calmly, Ill admit I may have gone to hard on Goldy (I guess I just know what he's capable of) but I still maintain that first quarter was the softest I have ever seen from North.

There are multiple responses to this question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the replay.

Higgo is class. He is the only bloke in our team that opposition sit on. If we get Martin or Kelly he will be the biggest beneficiary.
Cunners was huge.
LT was very good. On Balla in the 1st half, further up the ground in the 2nd and still pushed back to help out. Creative
Mullet good.
Atley forward half makes us look better.
Nielson had the last kicked on him but was very composed, especially in the 2nd half.
Hansen is gone. Tarrent, Thompson ,Nielson and EVW can do the job from here on.

Maj had a shocker.
Dumont look like another one of our special vanilla midfielders we have a knack for producing.
Hrovat can be creative but needs to find moire of the ball. 16-18 touches isn't enough.
Goldy tried but no confidence, ball handling was terrible. Fumble, fumble,fumble.

Just watched the replay.

Higgo is class. He is the only bloke in our team that opposition sit on. If we get Martin or Kelly he will be the biggest beneficiary.
Cunners was huge.
LT was very good. On Balla in the 1st half, further up the ground in the 2nd and still pushed back to help out. Creative
Mullet good.
Atley forward half makes us look better.
Nielson had the last kicked on him but was very composed, especially in the 2nd half.
Hansen is gone. Tarrent, Thompson ,Nielson and EVW can do the job from here on.

Maj had a shocker.
Dumont look like another one of our special vanilla midfielders we have a knack for producing.
Hrovat can be creative but needs to find moire of the ball. 16-18 touches isn't enough.
Goldy tried but no confidence, ball handling was terrible. Fumble, fumble,fumble.
no Wags was. Thomas was playing on Tucker, you know the guy that carved him up?

Don't see much talk about Atley's game but thought he was key to getting us back into it. His last month or so has been pretty encouraging.
Credit where credit's due. He was one of our more consistent and composed :eek: players I thought. Didn't do his 'line-breaking then lose his head stuff'; just regulation game with a bit of pace when needed.

garner seems to have to many "possum in the headlights" moments for me.
More due to time in the middle I suspect, which I liked seeing. He's got that burst speed that the others don't have, and how long have we bemoaned our lack of positional flexibility. Good time to give him some exposure in there I thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back