Autopsy Autopsy vs Geelong - Round 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, there is so many things that players get hung on around here, a young kid making the line ball call to make contact isnt one of them. Its so easy from the cheap seats, if hayden did this or did that, its not chess. Out of interest, how many times have you watched it? Maybe a couple times or more? Hayden saw it once and made the decision to go. Yep, it happens, thats the nature of game and people round here forget that sometimes. Things will happen, goals will be kicked.

I'm not hanging anyone. Yes, Hayden had a fraction of a second to make a call and he did that and committed to it. Once he made the decision he went hard and his execution was flawless, but it was still IMHO the wrong decision. It caused us to completely lose our defensive structure. It would be a good coaching opportunity about defensive structure, shape, and trusting teammates.

I am fine having a minority opinion on this but have seen no reason to change it. It is an example of my view of the bias on this board towards the rough and tough stuff. It would be a pretty boring board if there was one comment on every issue expressing an opinion and every other poster agreeing.

I'm not hanging anyone. Yes, Hayden had a fraction of a second to make a call and he did that and committed to it. Once he made the decision he went hard and his execution was flawless, but it was still IMHO the wrong decision. It caused us to completely lose our defensive structure. It would be a good coaching opportunity about defensive structure, shape, and trusting teammates.

I am fine having a minority opinion on this but have seen no reason to change it. It is an example of my view of the bias on this board towards the rough and tough stuff. It would be a pretty boring board if there was one comment on every issue expressing an opinion and every other poster agreeing.
Yeah fair call. Can't teach a bloke to have a red hot crack, which i think hayden does week in week out. But definitely can work on his defensive nous I agree

I’ll stand with you.

It was great to see such physical commitment, however it was the wrong time to show it.

Yeah fair call. Can't teach a bloke to have a red hot crack, which i think hayden does week in week out. But definitely can work on his defensive nous I agree

Good point. If you can shape his thinking and decision making then his attack on the footy becomes a far more effective weapon even if it ends up being used slightly less. Not Kyron's biggest issue though. His field kicking is a real liability and is what may stop him from becoming a good AFL player.

If Kyron stays hard on his man then Danger doesn't have a clear option, hesitates, and gets nailed by Bonar. Holding the ball. Free kick North instead of an easy goal to Cats.
We had a two on two and Hayden didn't trust his teammates to get the job done and created an open player in a dangerous position for the Cats.

Or danger throws it on the boot and kicks the goal.

Danger did well to take the extra step to get the ball off cleanly knowing impact was coming. Cotchin like.

Your assessment is harsh of the north defender.

Danger did well to take the extra step to get the ball off cleanly knowing impact was coming. Cotchin like.

Much harder kick for Danger than it was for Rohan. I would back Bonar in to have put enough pressure on Danger to significantly impact the kick.

Look I think we're all in unison that any action that wipes a smile off Dangerfield's face is for the greater good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back