Autopsy Autopsy vs Geelong - Round 5, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now it is about roles? Isn’t JZ‘s role to take kick outs, link up and give drive from the back half? Because you seem to be using it as a criticism. The coach called him out in a positive way which suggests he is playing his role. Or is the coach also a SCN?
He gave sweet FA link up and drive. The coach is always going to try and justify his decision.

The Maestro

All Australian
Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man United, New York Knicks
Stephenson gave us glimpses of how we want to play. Impressed by his vision and work rate. There was a passage of ply in the last where he started the play at half back and ran all the way to inside 50 to score the goal. Refreshing to see that from someone in a North jumper.

I’m concerned with Thomas. Think he needs to be played at half back where he is accountable to a man, but can also use his kicking to our advantage. Right now he isn’t getting involved in as many links as I hoped he would. Playing in defence will allow the game to come to him a bit more.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Cunners - Genius.
Bonar - Massive.
Atu - Exciting
McKay - The General.
Powell - Freak.
Hall - Excellent early.
Goldy - Warhorse.
JZ - Captains game.
Stevo - Thanks Colliwobbles.
Horne - Welcome.
Sugar - Reinventing.
Noble - The right man.
Injuries - * right off..

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not going to repeat what's already said. A lot of promising signs. Love the look of our new recruits.

Very disappointed in Hayden, Thomas and Scott. All 3 need to show something. Thomas seems to do a couple of good things, drink his own koolaid and then take the rest of the game off. Scott needs to be getting 20 plus possession games. I thought he'd be our sam gibson running machine providing and option time and time again.

All 3 and Mahony need time in the VFL to build confidence but with so many injuries we need to persist.

Out: Campbell, Mahony, Hall (inj)
In: Xerri, Garner, LDU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back