Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
Yeah we have no use for a fit mature mid who runs hard both ways.
The point I was making was that he hasn’t played a game for months and Noble was quoted as saying he would need a couple in the VFL before returning, not that we don’t need him.

Comprehension skills on here severely lacking at times.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
NORTH MELBOURNE

Despite the final margin and the significant statistical differentials, North fans have every right to walk away from Sunday’s 30-point loss to Geelong with a glass half-full approach. The Kangaroos’ pressure and early efficiency inside 50 kept them in the game, with the Roos booting three of the first four goals of the game. By quarter-time, 17 Kangaroos players had applied at least one tackle, whereas only seven Cats had one tackle to their name. Ultimately weight of numbers proved too much for the Kangaroos, with the Cats booting seven goals to four in the second half to win.

In the votes

North coach David Noble would’ve been pleased with the outputs of their most experienced players in Ben Cunnington and Jack Ziebell. In his third game back, Cunnington booted one goal from 29 disposals, 15 contested possessions and seven clearances, while Ziebell had 38 disposals — the second-most he’s ever had in an AFL game. Aiden Bonar (20 disposals, 12 intercepts) had one of the east games of his short career, while Jaidyn Stephenson booted two goals from 16 touches.

Room for improvement

when the Roos had an opportunity to overrun the Cats in the third term – they had 18 inside 50 entries to Geelong’s 11 – the Kangaroos could only muster two goals while conceding four majors themselves.

Grade

B

Actually wasn’t aware of the inside 50 domination in 3rd. Correct our ball use going inside and signs are good. Maybe Xerri as a target could help this. Garner also must be a chance to play next week.

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
Just got back from the game, a couple of things:

• You would have thought Geelong lost with how their supporters reacted during the game, looked genuinely frustrated/embarrassed (I would be too).
  • Ben McKay has to be the frontrunner for the All Australian Fullback position.
  • They didn't have any mirrors inside the bathroom where I went to (Gate 1), which much be a hard thing for Dangerfield to deal with.
  • Geelong are cooked.
Just happy you escaped in one piece and with a full set of wheels still on your car.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Turner and Atley won’t be dropped.

Two weeks where Turner has tagged and done a half reasonable job is the beginning of something we have had for a while.

Atley gets enough of the ball to keep flying under the radar, for better or for worse
No chance atley and turner are dropped with our current state of affairs. None.

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's all relative but Hayden has been worse than Mahony. With a healthy list, both should be in the VFL along with Lazarro, Turner, Atley, and probably Will Phillips.

Reason you want Phillips dropped? He's played 3 games of senior footy. I would have thought that we get as much experience into these young guys as we can?

No chance atley and turner are dropped with our current state of affairs. None.

Most changes need to be looked at through the prism of 'who replaces them'.

We have at the very outside 4 potential ins from the VFL and 1 direct return in Zurhaar.

Of those I reckon we only see 2 from the VFL.

So 3 changes. Hall is one out meaning you're raffling the other 2 outs.

They most certainly will not be senior players who are not injured.

A kick out from a point counts as a rebound 50. There were 17 points. So he had 1 true rebound 50.

Like I said, if you think he had a good game you’re a Super Coach nufftie.
Only if it clears the 50, which he often doesn’t from a kickout. And he didn’t take all the kickouts.

He did have 11 turnovers which isn’t great, though I don’t recall how many were unforced or led to scores.

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Reason you want Phillips dropped? He's played 3 games of senior footy. I would have thought that we get as much experience into these young guys as we can?
Phillips can still gain plenty of experience at VFL level given he didn't play at all last year and hasn't played against men. He isn't ready. Anyone can see that. VFL would be great for him and allow him to get the continuity into his game that will enable him to play like he did in his TAC Cup season. At AFL level he cannot do that yet.

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Phillips can still gain plenty of experience at VFL level given he didn't play at all last year and hasn't played against men. He isn't ready. Anyone can see that. VFL would be great for him and allow him to get the continuity into his game that will enable him to play like he did in his TAC Cup season. At AFL level he cannot do that yet.

Fair enough

So we bring in Tyson?

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ziebs got rated as the worst in the afl for kick ins this week. I didn't hate his game and liked him tonight. Except for the rookie like turnovers
That was a rubbish article. It picked one stat - I think number of kick ins that led to turnovers, even though it can be a turnover further up the ground - and ignored others like the efficiency of the actual kick and how many scores were generated from the kick in, both of which were among the best.

60+ inside 50’s for Geelong and he had 4 contested possessions! What is he down there for? Solely to take the kick outs? Yay, what a great game!
Also 7 intercept possessions and 4 1%ers. He was fine, didn’t really get exposed defensively, ball use could have been better but some of that could have been due to the bowling alley.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He just isn't getting involved enough as evidenced by 7 touches yesterday. The exposure is great and he will learn from it but remember he missed 18 months of competitive footy and didn't have a huge preseason. He just isn't quite ready. Same with all of the young guys mentioned.
If we have a fully fit list then guys like Jed, LDU, Dumont, LMac, Taz, Corr, Polec, and Zurhaar come back in and 8 from the weekend miss.

KIDS KIDS KIDS MOAR KIDS SO WE CAN GET SMASHED EVEN WORSE EVERY WEEK AND GET MOAR DRAFT PICKS
Perfect.

We'll win the spoon without making 7 changes.

So it has me thinking that changes are pretty f***ing arbitrary at the moment.

Let's get moar kids in so we have someone new to tear to shreds in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back