Autopsy Autopsy vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

2 observations

1. How many games have you watched and thought “We are really switched on here”. I can think of only 3 and one was against the Crows.

We have only won 5 of 14 first quarter, 4 second quarters, 3 third quarters. We really haven't looked on other than the Crows game. We have stuck around in a number of games, had some decent last quarters but overall we haven't fired a shot this year and by firing a shot I mean play in the manner we did last year in our better games.

2. It’s hard to pot guys like Anderson and Jy but both of them along with Dumont just seem to give the ball up way to easy when they get any bit of pressure. As soon as the tackle is there it’s give up the ball without any purpose or even in a spot where a team mate can get it.

I don't think anyone should pot Jy, his trajectory from the start of the season has turned around and it has been plotting this downward spiral for some time, it is not unexpected in a young midfielder.

Anderson has been huge for us, it is just odd to see him do so poorly in terms of getting the ball and/or tackling.

We do have a serious problem with turning over the ball, this has been a major problem with our midfield, it isn't surprising the Suns tagged LDU, he is the only one that looks like breaking the game open, attacking aggressively and have some penetration with his kicking. The Suns coach was basically saying it doesn't matter how much of the ball Anderson, Dumont or Higgins get, they aren't going to hurt them.

Hi

i don’t think you blokes have a game plan problem. I don’t think you currently have the cattle or desire to implement any game plan. Some of that is injuries, some of it is skill, some of it is speed (overall you probably the slowest team in the afl).

Shaw looked totally exasperated. I’m pretty sure that comes from the above. ESP the desire, not following the game plan and the skill bit.

but players often don’t follow the game plan. I’m pretty sure Essendons game plan wasn’t what was up the previous few weeks and the first half against the hawks. But the second half was probs more what their coaches envisioned.

I don’t disagree

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Honestly stopped after the first minute. Average list in 2014 - give me a spell.
Yeah, some things really got to me, like when he said we delisted a handful of “Superstars”. These were all past their prime players, with Harvey being the closest to a superstar. I was still fascinated that someone actually made a video discussing our club nonetheless, even if there are inaccuracies.

Honestly stopped after the first minute. Average list in 2014 - give me a spell.

Another clueless flog inspired by a production line of clueless flogs that have made careers as AFL "journalists".

You need to remember that this is the biggest selling newspapers chief football writer:

1598904223535.png

Last edited:
Either I am not doing a good job explaining myself or people are misjudging what I am saying. I KNOW we are not as good a team without Cunnington, Brown, etc. It is why I thought we would lose. However, I am judging the players who put the jumper on and played. We had a lot of players out injured last week and the week before and the last 6 weeks but we had a crack against Brisbane, we weren't as good but still put in against Collingwood. The same guys who played the last three weeks, the senior players, there was chalk and cheese difference between work rate and effort.

They had 45 inside 50s and had 31 scoring shots. They had an inside 50 efficiency of 75.6%, that is disgraceful.

We got smashed 37 vs 21 in clearances, 131 vs 113 contested possessions, 178 vs 149 uncontested possessions.

We laid 30 tackles for the game.

This effort can't be condoned.

You are explaining your position well and I’m saying that I agree with you at times, particularly during games - like on Sunday. However, my point is that the horrendous level of injury that we have endured this season has to come home to roost eventually. Sure, we can get up for the occasional good effort like in the Brisbane game but we can’t maintain it. We started dropping off against Collingwood and the wheels came of against GC, when our forward line fell apart. Both Larkey and Maj both had absolute mares.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You are explaining your position well and I’m saying that I agree with you at times, particularly during games - like on Sunday. However, my point is that the horrendous level of injury that we have endured this season has to come home to roost eventually. Sure, we can get up for the occasional good effort like in the Brisbane game but we can’t maintain it. We started dropping off against Collingwood and the wheels came of against GC, when our forward line fell apart. Both Larkey and Maj both had absolute mares.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate, this has been a cycle of the club for almost 20 years, injuries or not. We make the effort as underdog but don't put in the same effort when we are favourite or in a game against lesser opposition. We choose when we come out to play. Yes, injuries make us a lot weaker, but it doesn't stop fit blokes running, chasing and tackling.

If we don't change our attitude and are forever mentally weak, we are never going to achieve anything, we will always drop too many games by having a massive variance of effort and desire. Mid table teams choose when they show up or don't.

Mate, this has been a cycle of the club for almost 20 years, injuries or not. We make the effort as underdog but don't put in the same effort when we are favourite or in a game against lesser opposition. We choose when we come out to play. Yes, injuries make us a lot weaker, but it doesn't stop fit blokes running, chasing and tackling.

If we don't change our attitude and are forever mentally weak, we are never going to achieve anything, we will always drop too many games by having a massive variance of effort and desire. Mid table teams choose when they show up or don't.

Fair enough. We can agree this has been a woeful season. For the record, I don’t believe we’ve ever been mentally weak. However, I do think we have had too many nondescript players on our list over the duration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do have a serious problem with turning over the ball, this has been a major problem with our midfield, it isn't surprising the Suns tagged LDU, he is the only one that looks like breaking the game open, attacking aggressively and have some penetration with his kicking. The Suns coach was basically saying it doesn't matter how much of the ball Anderson, Dumont or Higgins get, they aren't going to hurt them.

That's fair IMO, at least based on this year.

Thought it would be a good idea to watch the replay and get further insight.

Then I thought.....

View attachment 950600

God knows how the club do it without getting bogged down, it's always the danger of complete disaster games - how do you assess individuals on the list when the entire system is breaking down...?

Can you cancel your Bigfooty membership at the same time?
One to the ignore list.
Nah been on here longer than you do ignore me if you like I don’t really care .

Can you cancel your Bigfooty membership at the same time?
One to the ignore list.
Gee these Johnny come lately on big footy getting narky.. I’ll do what I like .i cancelled my membership when Scott was coach because I was sick of him after 3 years of his shot coaching. Looks like Shaw isn’t much chop when we only Score 5 ******* goals for a game it’s pathetic. Just like all I’m frustrated so that’s my way to rid of the frustration I don’t want to put a TV remote through my TV .

Best be quiet for a while I suspect.

Think you've said enough.
Yeah nah . Mind your own business. Mr 2020 . I’ve been on here probably longer you’ve been alive . Now trot off .

Yeah nah . Mind your own business. Mr 2020 . I’ve been on here probably longer you’ve been alive . Now trot off .

I suggest to have a spell as you are embarrassing yourself - but no worries then, I will.

I suggest to have a spell as you are embarrassing yourself - but no worries then, I will.
I’m embarrassing my self I’ve been supporting this team for 45 years mate I have never seen so many potatoes running around in that jumper. Not even in the 80s did we have such a hopeless bunch of over paid spuds . So if I’m embarrassing my self bad luck for me . I’ve paid my money to support them but they really haven’t given back in the last 4 or 5 Years . Not sure how old you are mate but this is bad ok .

I’m embarrassing my self I’ve been supporting this team for 45 years mate I have never seen so many potatoes running around in that jumper. Not even in the 80s did we have such a hopeless bunch of over paid spuds . So if I’m embarrassing my self bad luck for me . I’ve paid my money to support them but they really haven’t given back in the last 4 or 5 Years . Not sure how old you are mate but this is bad ok .

I just wish miserable pricks would be miserable pricks by themselves, without feeling the need to impose their miserable ruminations on the rest of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back