Autopsy Autopsy vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Structures and selection have been absurd for weeks - tonite was pure lack of effort, lack of care and lack of respect for the jumper.

I know we have all seen alot of losses over the journey - but tonite was as bad as it gets.

Tonite cannot be glossed over - it sits with the coach and with the players.

Righto mate. You can rage on for me. I'm not that fazed.

Shaw has to be careful, there hasn't been a tanking coach that has survived long enough to see the fruits of their labour. Shaw ia contracted until the end of 2021 when Clarkson and Simpson also come out of contract, if we are ratshit again next year what probability would you have of Shaw surviving past next year?
None.

If the club has any balls, we should go all in on Simpson next year.
Sure, he is on a pretty good thing out west. But he's a Victorian and they eventually come home. Malthouse, Mitchell, Rawlings.. the list goes on. We should view him as gettable.

The writing on the wall was wrote ages ago when the team was forced to go into battle without Cunnington and Ziebull who even on their off days could do their fair share of the important starting and stopping.

Forget about today because we went a half without a bark. The only stats we won were turnovers and, oddly, contested marks.

The team was so exhausted they barely made it on to the ground unassisted.

We will see who makes it out alive, and importantly, who can stand up for the next 20 days.

How many years have many here said we should stop skirting the top 8 and just bottom out ?

So now's not the time to nuke those memberships, it's the time to renew and buckle up.

Whinge that we finish middle of the table every year and have no hope of winning a flag unless we finish near the bottom and get top end talent in.

Whinge when we finish at the bottom because we aren't playing pretty attractive footy.

This is what bottoming out looks like people. Yeah we played like crap because we are crap, you can't have it both ways. Sounds like people were expecting us to run out and play like a finals team and then conveniently lose by a goal at the end of the game
Get a grip mate - bottoming out looks like last week - not playing a team of 23 year olds who haven't won for 6 weeks and get beaten 31 shots to 8.

Get a clue before posting your dribble on here.

The West Indies cricket team in England were, by all reports, sick of being away from home in lockdown and could not wait for the last Test to be over. They had the series to play for in the last game but they were cooked. They were butchered in the last Test.

North looked utterly dispirited from the first bounce tonight and I can excuse that (to some degree). Having played sport and coached various sports sometimes you cancel training and have a counteree and ten beers, or go to Lunar Park, etc etc. if the season is going south. Get the spirits up. Some team mates you don't like. Others get on your nerves but you don't live in their pockets. Our squad does and while we fans are allowed to complain I feel for the players in the situation they are in.

I reckon the team as selected is better than it is showing but in this season what can you hope for? Problems will be magnified.

At the end of the day it is a job and a well paid job. If you can't bring yourself to be an AFL footballer, if you can't bring a reasonable minimum effort then choose a different career.

I was pretty confident we would lose, we do not do well against teams like GC who slingshot out of defensive 50 and take risks through the corridor, we've fielded much better teams and have lost to much worse GC teams.

You can have a bad game and at least put some effort in, if you can't at least pressure and tackle, show some resistance you aren't someone that the club can rely on when the chips are down.

I don’t know wat are all the crying is about in here

Fair dinkum harden up

You cry when you are in the window; losing games you should have won. There were games between 2014 to 2016 where we should have won but were told it was an easy fix or some other rubbish.

That’s when you cry, not when your 17th if 18.
Yes and no. I get your point but jeez it’s sh*t being so sh*t. Come on...at least if we showed some semblance of care factor it would be more bearable...

None.

If the club has any balls, we should go all in on Simpson next year.
Sure, he is on a pretty good thing out west. But he's a Victorian and they eventually come home. Malthouse, Mitchell, Rawlings.. the list goes on. We should view him as gettable.
Rhyce would go ok coaching the current Eagles side imo.

LDU and Simpkin laid 3 tackles. Higgins and Dumont 2. Daw, Atley, Anderson, Wood, McDonald and Ahern 1.
Murphy, Larkey, Hosie, McKay, Scott, Tarrant, Goldstein, Walker, Williams, Hall, EVW and Zurhaar ZERO.

Not good enough, don't want to hear from players that the effort was there. Bullshit.
If we hear it from the coach, I'll throw up!

If there's one thing worse than our performance tonight, it's the pathetic comments on this thread by those that sook it up with emotional and or on the piss comments about burning their membership! i'm not renewing next season! they can shove it! blah, blah, ficking blah.

Just * off then, there are some of us that don't want to hear you sook it up. We all watched it, none of us like it, but nearly all of us will fork out our hard earned again next season, in hope that things improve.

I'm 55, followed this club since i was probably 5-6 years old, if i could still play i would, it nearly killed me at 28. Footy and North are what i live for in sport.

If North's performance is the reason for pulling the pin, don't post again or maybe leave it until later in the week when you've sobered up

With no
Positive;

Murphy.

Not perfect, but thought showed a bit tonight and took game on.
Seemed to kick it as far as he could with no other thoughts or plans. I can compliment him on at least doing it in the right direction.

I dunno what Dew was doing tagging LDU with Swallow. Was he afraid that we were going to win?

It was like giving a 17 year old a 10 metre start in an under 13's race. It was soft.
It was a very soft tag, Millar lined up on him a fair bit to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After 2000 games it would hard to suggest it was the worst NMFC ever.

But...

In my 48 years, I can't recall a more pathetic performance. 31 scoring shots to 8 against a team of kids.

Rock bottom.
13 game against franklin in Tasi is my yardstick for pathetic.

Sorry to spoil your misery, but this was better than that.

I'm not knocking it mate, and it's very obvious.

We've now put percentage on the Swines & Whorks.
Yeah, I know. It's how the modern game works and it looks like Shaw has been given a green light to examine the list fully.
It won’t be the only year we do it.

Couple years of this at least.

I expect next year will be another hard swallow, but we should get serious in 2022 and expect results around then.

Rhyce would go ok coaching the current Eagles side imo.
Didn't make finals last year (granted he was starting from a mile back and highly unlikely to get there)
Not making finals this year (we took a free fall dive from second to second last in 5 rounds)
If he doesn't make finals again next year and we're chasing Simmo, I don't think the Eagles would be keen on Shaw with that record.

1. The old players that have been holding the team together with the injuries to Cunners, JZ, BBB, etc are cooked.
2. The young players that have stepped up in their absence Jy, B Scott, Frog, Zurhaar are cooked.
3. The guys with limited pre-seasons who have been asked to play big minutes due to injuries LDU, Larkey, Maj, EVW, etc look cooked.
4. The rest are trying to get themselves up for a season thats cooked.
5. Anyone that’s played decent level sport will tell you living out of a suitcase on road trips at the best of times is tough, let alone stuck in a hotel for months away from friends and family, (on a huge losing streak) makes you mentally cooked.
6. Bottom line - WE’RE COOKED..
I'm thinking there's not too many of those on this site, mate!

I'm with you; Shaw shaking his head after Murphy couldn't stick a tackle on the edge of the goal square against ellis to start the scoring spoke volumes. That's the second time this season he's been beaten one on one by his direct opponent in the goal square (first against St Kilda) - Tom might be a neat kick and all, but you gotta handle your man whether its on the wing or down back

Yeah, I know. It's how the modern game works and it looks like Shaw has been given a green light to examine the list fully.

Let's not forget that Dew approached this like a premiership.

I mean, tagging LDU, FFS. :D

Feel sorry for the defenders on nights like that. Don’t think they deserve much criticism, given they have to cop the results of all the turnovers, clearance losses and inability to keep any forward ball in the attacking 50.

I'm with you; Shaw shaking his head after Murphy couldn't stick a tackle on the edge of the goal square against ellis to start the scoring spoke volumes. That's the second time this season he's been beaten one on one by his direct opponent in the goal square (first against St Kilda) - Tom might be a neat kick and all, but you gotta handle your man whether its on the wing or down back

He's a nice kick............................and that's it.

He played on the wing for 75% TOG and got 10 possessions and 1 tackle.

He's back flanker/pocket depth. That's it.

With no

Seemed to kick it as far as he could with no other thoughts or plans. I can compliment him on at least doing it in the right direction.

Took game on.

Better than many others.

He isn't a defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back