Autopsy Autopsy vs GWS - Round 13, 2021 - a draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Great effort by the boys. Lots to like.

quite simply we nearly lost it because of the lack of cohesion between our key backs. We had 3 talls back there and gws would’ve taken about half a dozen uncontested marks within 25 from goal when we had time to set up, and players in the vicinity.

And these weren’t platten to dunstall lace out passes. There were 50m hit in hopes.

I love in the last quarter that the green shitstains paid a free to Idun deep in defence for flicking his head back, but the same shitstains think having Callan Ward grab you around the neck is a legitimate tackle.

What a farce of the game. Pay the duckers and penalise the player keeping his feet.

GWS are right up there competing with Geelong as the team that cheats the most. I'd hate to be paying their mayo bill coz they put it on every touch. So frustrating to see soccer worthy cheating by over acting every touch.

Young was bad
Ziebs was bad
Tarrant was very rusty
Scott needed to kick a point that last foray forward.
Cunners great
Mahonys best game
Goldy great, especially given Mummy was allowed to tackle him in ruck contests (and also coat-hanger people, didn't realise that was allowed)
Zurhaar really cracked in.
Larkey started well but faded
Xerri competed well.
Mumford is a turd and shouldn’t even be playing the game.

It will be interesting to see if the MRO pulls out the capacity to hurt when he clearly tries to elbow Simpkin in the back of the head?

We ran out of legs but we have come a long way as well. Starting to become clearer to me who is and isn't up to it. I don't expect we are going to avoid the spoon though and that's okay.
The spoon is ok if there is genuine improvement and a clear direction.

Winning a spoon going backwards is when you really start worrying.

If we show what we did today for a lot of the run home and it gives us the chance to pick one of the best kids in the country, then I will not lose any sleep over finishing last.

I still don’t get why don’t throw in something different At the centre bounce in those last 1-2 min when the game is on the line .
Why not throw in Jack Z or the Bull in there ?!
poor coaching .
Agree. LDU in at the centre bounces in last Q ahead of Zurhaar (or Ziebell or anyone else) is absurd. He just doesn’t have the grunt or desperation to be in there at the coalface - unless Cunnington is giving him a handball. Also thought Turner should have been told to follow Greene into the centre at last change. Greene ran off Jy a couple of times in last Q and got crucial clearances. Usually loathe to pot the defenders but those uncontested GWS marks in fwd 50 were horrendous. And Aaron Hall ball-watching when his man just waltzed around him and goaled ... sheesh. 🤦🏽

Remember guys. We didn't lose.
So no commenting on the awesome umpires or the Thought Police will be in here to lower your BF Social Credit Score
The ******* maggots who officiated that game today put in a deplorable effort. The one-sided decisions, such as the soft frees to GWS compared with the lack of equivalent frees when Larkey in particular was being grabbed and necked in contests, the throws they allowed, the different interpretations when GWS were tackled and failed to dispose verses when North were tackled... it reeks of fixing. If they were not deliberately favouring GWS it certainly looked like they were.

if somebody wants to lower my BF Social Credit score for saying that then they can bloody well do so. If you have to suck AFL. utensil to earn a good score then I’d rather a low score and then I can easily judge the suck-holes by their lofty rating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your significant other walks into the bedroom in sexy lingerie.

You're hard as a rock and ready to go.....

and then for some reason the significant other takes a sh*t on the bed.

How you would feel in that scenario would probably be similar to how you're feeling right now.

You spend a lot of time conjuring up that analogy?

blaming umpires? sorry, not a chance, you choked and you know it........was just interested in what any of you thought about it's race around the world efforts to elicit some sort of connection - personally I wish it would just fu** off and die but seems you lot here hold it as some form of leader - ok then, now I know........

Oh we definitely chocked during the final quarter. And I'm wrapt we didn't get the 4 points because I dont want to go through a 25 year rebuild.

But you as an opposition club should be worried about how they protect this endangered species that is the AFL's franchise club with some of the calls.

The irony of Taylor Garner getting held and nothing being paid compared to Whitfield's free kick after being tackled set me off.

Quarters 1-3 were full of GWS favoured calls.

Hmmmmm

Going into the game if you said we’d kick our highest score of the year and get a draw most would be happy enough.

Should have won when 5 goals up at 3 qrt time. Disappointed that it follows a same pattern of fade outs across Scott, Shaw and now Noble (admittedly it wasn’t a loss).

The defenders other than Turner were pretty bad across 4 qrts. The mids also got pantsed in the last.

Great to see Zurhaar continue his resurrection. He is too good to serve up the crap he did in the first half of the season. Thomas continues to show his amazing future. I’ve been critical of Mahoney, but he did lots right today.

Young on the other hand..........

All in all, not too bad a day. Definite improvement and hopefully we can roll that into the Lions next week.

We are on the right track.
Says a lot more about GWS than us.
Noble or someone with balls needs to go to the AFL re that umpiring.
But it doesn't excuse that drop off.

I tell you what , if Josh Kelly leaves they are done. If he hangs around there he is mad.

If we had him today, we win by 6 goals plus.

You are giving them too much credit.

While we are a small team expect the fistings to continue.

If that was Collingwood they wouldnt have paid GWS half the sh*t they did today for fear of not getting off the ground in one piece.

At least we now have clarification that spoiling the ball is deliberate.

I look forward to all defenders being penalised for spoiling to the line from now on.

It wasn't a marking contest. For whatever reason, it's not paid as deliberate if you spoil out of bounds in a marking contest. But this one wasn't so there's no precedent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back