Autopsy Autopsy vs GWS - Round 13, 2021 - a draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes our lack of fitness is a huge problem and the club will endeavor to fix that. Unfortunately it takes time, you cannot fast track that.
I'm not sure if it's fitness or the gameplan. It probably is, but it seems a bit strange that we are continually about 30 metres off the opponent as soon as they get the ball. Surely we aren't that unfit. There were some very good signs tonight, and there has been on a few occasions, but the personnel is going to have to change slightly if we are fairdinkum.

It’s a rough one, bitter pill to swallow

just imagine that plus Horne and Kelly kicking lace out to Harry McKay next year. At least we know the game plan seems sound, just needs some cattle to implement it properly

Very disappointed with the lose, in particular after the third quarter

would have loved to see the boys sing the song.

BUT, Horne is still on the cards.
The draw pretty much does the same thing as a win in relation to Horne due to how poor our percentage is

but the draw over the win helps the pp situation as we are still on a 1 win season

Your significant other walks into the bedroom in sexy lingerie.

You're hard as a rock and ready to go.....

and then for some reason the significant other takes a sh*t on the bed.

How you would feel in that scenario would probably be similar to how you're feeling right now.

Yeah but I’d move her to the couch

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nice we are still in with a chance at number 1 pick.
Was disappointed not to win but we looked a lot better than we have in most games we have played..
This is the worst result... a draw makes our crap percentage null & void. We are now only 2 wins from 17th & no Horne.

I've calmed down about the crud umpiring (not forgiven it though).

Our forward line functioned better this week, finding space and delivery was cleaner. With the talent GWS have amassed our guys held their own in the centre until the younger legs wore out against talent and older legs.

Our backline can be forgiven. It's the area of the ground where we have had the biggest amount of upheavel and injuries which we have struggled to cover. It will take them some time to gel there once Corr, McDonald and Tarrant find their feet back in there.

I see we really did well against a team with AFL backed talent and should be really top 4 if not for their dud coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In last 4 mins.... so many s**t the bed moments. One stands out is atley got in half back line under no pressure and decided handball not kick the ball to Stephenson.
My god. Two goals up - you just possess the ball! Share it around run the clock doFfs.
It’s the senior guys that cost us that game .
i reckon McKay looked a little loss there with tarrant back Also.

The game is over-regulated - give the umpires a rule book, tell them to apply it, and judge performance accordingly, without all the "coaching", memos about this week's rule, etc etc. The problem is with the culture of the governing body, that treats the game as its play thing
You are giving them too much credit.

While we are a small team expect the fistings to continue.

If that was Collingwood they wouldnt have paid GWS half the s**t they did today for fear of not getting off the ground in one piece.

At least we now have clarification that spoiling the ball is deliberate.

I look forward to all defenders being penalised for spoiling to the line from now on.

I was really impressed by Mahony, one of his best games. Takes a hit and keeps going. Good hands under pressure.

Zurhaar had a great game, probably his best all-round performance for the year.

Not sure which one of Hall and Scott should be given the ‘Bachman’ nickname.

If Josh Walker’s turning circle gets any worse he’s going to need a Harbour Pilot.

That result is going to stick in their guts and that’s not a bad thing.

Both sides would've left like they'd lost today - they just should've beat us regardless and we let the game slip

Improvements there to see in the first 3 quarters and that's what I'm taking away from the game. Sure, it's frustrating that we couldn't see it through but liked what I saw up until the last.

The last was a combination of us running out of gas, going into our shells when they started to get on top, some defensive errors on our part and some howlers ("deliberate" on Turner, 110kg Mumford going down like a wet noodle and milking a 50)

Best games I've seen Zurhaar and Mahony play for the year, thought both were really good
Not a fan of Young playing wing, just doesnt seem suited to it.
Mumford got a 50, but Hall got thrown to ground after a mark. Nada. Summed up the umpiring all night, despite anything the free kick count appears to show.
Same as LDU throw penalised, only for Kelly to rugby pass it 15 second later with no decision.
Greene pushed Turner right in middle of back in marking contest, nothing. Turner puts hand on Toby's back. Free.
The bewildering inconsistency between the way the two teams were treated by the umps was something to behold.
It doesn't excuse our poor last term, but it was a big factor in the end result.

Jy, Jy, Jy... you want to be one of the best midfielders in the game, you have a lot of work to do on your kicking. Not good enough from one of our young leaders! 😡

Remove this Banner Ad

Back