Autopsy Autopsy vs GWS - Round 13, 2021 - a draw

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The umpire has to deem he is deliberately trying to hit it out of bounds.

I would argue he is trying to hit it to prevent Greene from taking possession. The ball going out of bounds is a result of him spoiling Greene from taking possession, not him looking to get it out of bounds. Under the AFL’s interpretation the only choice Turner has it to let Greene take possession, because the could only go in that direction.

It was an umpire gagging to give GWS the ball, pure and simple. I’ve seen players do the exact same thing millions of times and never be penalised.

He is competing for the ball, not trying to deliberately trying to fist it over the line.

It doesn't have to be deliberate any more, it just needs to be "insufficient intent to prevent the ball going out of bounds."

It is however a bit of a rough call because plenty of others like it get nada.

Also, judging intent is a horrific thing to try and get umpires to do, but that's a whole other story.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Biggest positive of the game for me. Kelly realises his mob is sh*t and we are reassured he is bloody good footballer worth paying for.

Make it happen Brady.

If he plays for North today, we win by 6-8 goals minimum.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It doesn't have to be deliberate any more, it just needs to be "insufficient intent to prevent the ball going out of bounds."

It is however a bit of a rough call because plenty of others like it get nada.

Also, judging intent is a horrific thing to try and get umpires to do, but that's a whole other story.
I judged the umpires intent. It was that he saw it as the perfect opportunity to give GWS the ball for something that never gets penalised.

That intent was clear to see.

I guarantee if that was Greene fisting the ball from Turner, it’s a throw in.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t rate GWS as a good side, they have good players but simply haven’t been good enough

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
As if this day couldn't get any worse, they just showed Will Phillips in a * jumper on 7 News. fu**
They called him “Tom Phillips” so I decided it never happened.

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
just thought I'd come over and say commiserations and gee those umpires were bad and you blokes were unlucky but you have list issues and you need to deal with this player and that player...........cause this is what that moron snake baker does on our site and every other losing club site on the board - I don't know if he wasn't hugged as a child or what but I'm just wondering what you people think about his continual intrusion onto other boards - especially after they have just lost? thoughts?
LMAO.

When you come in to bitch and moan like a baby about another poster on our forum, I got to give take my hat off to Snake.

Go cry me a river BluWS babyboi. LMAO

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
LMAO.

When you come in to b*tch and moan like a baby about another poster on our forum, I got to give take my hat off to Snake.

Go cry me a river BluWS babyboi. LMAO

That bloke is NQR.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
* me a Carlton flog talking about list problems .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
just thought I'd come over and say commiserations and gee those umpires were bad and you blokes were unlucky but you have list issues and you need to deal with this player and that player...........cause this is what that moron snake baker does on our site and every other losing club site on the board - I don't know if he wasn't hugged as a child or what but I'm just wondering what you people think about his continual intrusion onto other boards - especially after they have just lost? thoughts?

I value your input.:thumbsu:

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Snojet

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Getting over the disappointing finish by realising, that before the game started, I thought we might lose by 5 or 6 goals, given that the game meant so much to GWS.
The other positive is that one of today’s teams is on the way up and one is on a downward trajectory.
Confidence in the ‘process’ is improving.
Should have played Jake Edwards in the forward pocket (only joking - he was concentrating on his homework).

Back