Autopsy Autopsy vs GWS - Round 13, 2021 - a draw

Remove this Banner Ad

mightn't have been a win but thats seriously some of the most sexy footy we've played in years

The play which included Ben McKay’s defence-splitting kick was a joy to behold. Who knows where Ben will end up or what heights he’ll reach?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
This draw feels like a loss because we were the better side (overcoming rigged umpiring too) for the majority of the game and had a 28 point 3QT lead. If the shoe was on the other foot, it would feel like a win.

North Melbourne v GWS
10 Josh Kelly (GWS)
7 Ben Cunnington (NMFC)
4 Nick Haynes (GWS)
4 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
2 Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
2 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
1 Tarryn Thomas (NMFC)

Had five of the best seven players on the field and drew.

Had five of the best seven players on the field and drew.
We were better for longer but just ran out of puff. Comparatively, at any rate. I didn't think we ran the game out as awfully as we have others, but GWS got a head of steam and up took every attacking option, and between us having slightly lesser fitness and getting rattled, well the rest is history.

North Melbourne v GWS
10 Josh Kelly (GWS)
7 Ben Cunnington (NMFC)
4 Nick Haynes (GWS)
4 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
2 Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
2 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
1 Tarryn Thomas (NMFC)
Love seeing TT and Cam in the votes, they keep their respective forms up and it won't be the last time this year.

North Melbourne v GWS
10 Josh Kelly (GWS)
7 Ben Cunnington (NMFC)
4 Nick Haynes (GWS)
4 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
2 Todd Goldstein (NMFC)
2 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
1 Tarryn Thomas (NMFC)

Cunners was robbed 1 vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he would be in All Aus contention if we had a few more wins on the board? Or not quite best 2/3 rebounding half backs yet.

Contested ball/clearance players are one of the few instances where the overall team performance should not detract anything.

Assume you are referring to Cunners? I was referring to Hall.

Yes, apologies.

Hally should well & truly be in squad contention, but there's usually midfielders shunted on to the flanks.

mate we've done fu** all to be frank. Absolutely pathetic when it came to preparing professional athletes. Noble was mortified or maybe he wasn't. As I said time will reveal all.
I think it was Rhyce Shaw who was concerned about the fitness levels of the players, but at the time was only an assistant coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back