Autopsy Autopsy vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Durdin made one bad blue, other than that was solid. He and Nielsen coming along well.
Zurhaar a rough gem.
Very bruise free game, both sides keen for season to end I think.
Goldy was horrendous. Sure you can be out of form, but you need to attack the ball with intent. He hasn't all year. Dropped some sodas.
Clarke was not bad, just needs to be a bit cleaner with the ball.
Dumont another solid effort.
Preuss worked into it well.
Mountford horrendous early, but kept trying and improved.
Mullett would have to be 50-50 to be retained.
Swallow had 25% of our tackles! 13 of 55...but fumbled when he got the ball.

The Brown non-mark is good news for former umpire Grant Vernon. His non mark to Colbert in the final is now not clearly the worst non-decision for a mark ever. The two can be mentioned together. That should win mark of the week just to emphasise how pathetic that decision was.

Also its annoying when you kick straight at goal and the other team does too. Normally when you do the other team doesn't.

Before the game I'd have taken four goal loss. When we got down by 50, even more so. First half was more of last week, if not quite so poor. Second half was mostly very encouraging, certainly gutsy, with a few young guys playing a big part in that. Keep a decent draft pick to trade with and play enough positive footy that anyone sensible would be OK being traded in, and that's a decent day out at the moment.

First quarter wasn't great, a lot of the same mistakes we were making last week. Worked our way into the game well, just not sharp enough to make it count.

Goldy was poor, thought his effort was disgraceful at times. Clarke continues to show good signs, racking up the footy now just needs to work on disposal. Excited about Dec Mountford, learning a lot from playing back but will be a starting mid in no time.

Overall came out of the game ok with what I'd seen, would of been a different story if we'd have continued with the way we played first quarter. Skills and fumbles have cost us a lot this year, really need to work on this going into next season.

Blues would have to be a show against the hawks next week. Will certainly give that game a little more of a look than I would normally would.

Higgins clearly our best. Preuss and Taz were very good too. Browny kicked 3 despite being ragdolled and double/triple teamed. Clarke 27, Dumont 25 continue to rack them up.

As has happened numerous times before, we win the contested ball, centre clearances, and hitouts, but are absolutely destroyed on the outside.

Poor skills and decision making cost us severely on the scoreboard, apparently we conceded 13 goals from turnovers to them today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. We're crying out for another tall target down forward, he'd be in straight away if fit, certainly ahead of Goldstein, but I know you'll never admit to that one.

This is the last thing we need. Preuss has put paid to Majak as a ruckman and as a forward.

Swallow had 24% (13 of 55) of the NMFC teams tackles.

Quite astounding.

Good pick up.

He quelled Mitchell after he led Dumont a merry dance early in the game.

Nah. We're crying out for another tall target down forward, he'd be in straight away if fit, certainly ahead of Goldstein, but I know you'll never admit to that one.

No way. We are swimming in forwards. Just can't get them on the park.
"We are crying out" for midfielders so we can put ziebell and cunnington forward when needed

Our yound mids need to continue to build up their core strength. Disposal is also an obvious issue. Not sure what we can do about the latter

I thought our disposal was great after half time. Third quarter and earlier 4th quarter our kicking in particular was fantastic.

Higgins clearly our best. Preuss and Taz were very good too. Browny kicked 3 despite being ragdolled and double/triple teamed. Clarke 27, Dumont 25 continue to rack them up.

Yeah Brown missed 2 he'd usually kick, dropped that chest mark, was robbed a certain goal because of the non paid mark and probably shouldve been paid another mark 20m out directly in front (the 2 grab one that jarred out when he hit the ground). Couldve easily been a massive day.

Scott: Thought our effort and method pretty good, but just some skill errors and fundamentals Hawthorn captalised on.

Scott: We'll take confidence out of lots of parts of game. 50 down, away from home you'd think we could drop off. Went other way.

Scott: Problem in third was we conceded too many goals early on.

Scott: Rucks still work in progress. 23-9 centre clearances. 8-4 stoppages around ground. Pretty dominant really.

Scott: Ziebell has foot injury he's carried for some time. Hoping we can manage him through. We have to fight season out best we can.

Scott: Dumont continues to improve, reasonably complete player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back