Autopsy Autopsy vs Hawthorn (W) - Rd 9. 2021

That was so sweet a win after way too long since our previous.

So many positives, a few of my best :

Jy, Goldy, LDU, Hall, and welcome back Frog and especially Taylor Garner.

My only small negative was feeling a bit sorry for Will Phillips still in his tracky at the singing of the song, must suck to be sub and not get a run.

Also, kudos to Hojuman for nearest the pin in the preview thread :)

RightWingRoo

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That was bloody fantastic!
Even better having made the trip over and watching it live.
Jy, Cunners and LDU great in the middle, Goldy was Goldy and Hall's pace was vital.
Zurhaar shows how much of a forwards game is down to confidence and Garner showed why he should've been in the side earlier.
Good to have Froggy back too, does the unsung things that allows the more gifted mids to shine.
Happy Birthday Nobes!
Just had a sense in the last that today was meant to be.

Nylex

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Garner helped Zurharr and Larkey soo much its ridiculous. Larkey could push up the field and get a kick, rather than rot in the goal square. Zurharr got off the chain a little.
Loving the tandem ruck duo of Goldy and Campbell. Its the first time ive seen Goldy smash it in tandem with another ruck. It is great for a ruckman of his age.
Aaron Hall. FMD, keep playing like that please.
LDU's third qtr. Crikey he owned it.
Ben Mackay was a rock....again
Tarryn was silk.
Jy, Cunners and Powelly were so hungry and kept sticking there snouts in the trough.
Plenty more positives, but they were the ones that stood out for me. Enjoy the win shinboners!!!

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
We saw it in flashes this year before today - the first half against Melbourne, the start of the third team against Collingwood - there's a serious energy and buzz to this group when things start to work out for us, when the confidence starts to return. But nothing compares to the real thing - to a proper, come-from-behind victory, putting in massive efforts to nullify the mistakes and turnovers, balancing steady defensive play with forward momentum perfectly once we took the lead... I'm sure there's plenty I could nitpick about this game, especially the first quarter, but right now I don't care - not sure a win has ever felt like this before! Hopefully we can carry that ball of positive energy forward from today - certainly everything feels right right now!

agree, getting better week by week. You also have to stop and consider the structure changes that Nobes has made compared to the previous regime(s). JZ behind the ball, Hall running off half back breaking the lines, McKay growing in confidence playing in front of and running off his man, TT and Stevo getting centre bounce minutes showing real dash in feeding off inside beasts in cunners, jy and ldu, playing 2 ruckmen etc etc.....those are pretty significant changes, and only just starting to bed it down. There'll be ups and downs, but one thing we're starting to see less and less turnovers which is where we were getting killed, and when it all gels, gee its good footy to watch.

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1621069630084.png

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
That’s what I’m talking about.

Just a combative performance with touches of class.

Cunners, Jy ,hally ,LDU ,Goldy ,Zurhaar,froggy,McKay, ziebs all led us well

We just owned they for most of the match ,even when they got out to the lead.

Thomas is going to be real special when he works that out - watch out.
Powell’s touch to Goldy was class.

When we get good - Jy will steamroll this comp. he’s battling out of his weight division and killing it.
Zurhaar - that’s what we want from you. Attack the ball like that.
Hall is playing like McLeod and breaking lines at will
Froggy and Garner were great - Taylor kicking snags and froggy just the stronger body thru the middle.
McKay is a colossus back there and I see teams are trying to go around him.
Cunners was a bloody animal in there - having three guys hanging off him while popping handballs off
Goldy please never retire
Jack held it together back there

Young going back in the last minute should enough for most courageous trophy - brilliant

Positives:
- Cunners had 10 second half clearances, 10. Astonishing footballer.
- Simpkin took the game by the scruff of the neck.
- McKay was good defensively, but his disposal and creativity with his disposal was brilliant as a kpd.
- TT is a midfielder, pure silk.
- Goldy added another genitalia today.
- Campbell was solid.
- Garner shows he’s still got a future at the club.
- Atley and Turner did underrated jobs on very good forwards.
- LDU is starting to believe that he can be elite.
- Zurhaar was very good. Definitely a confidence player.
- Hall was great, despite some iffy moments.
- We have missed you Froggy.
- The kids were good.
- Responded well after Hawthorn challenged us several times.
- Mauled them at the clearances.
- Young’s second half and back with the flight effort was superb

Negatives:
- What negatives, we bloody won. Ok, maybe some of my GD posts were a little ott.

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We dominated clearances but they looked different (better) too. The first touch was more often a handball to a free player rather than a hurried kick forward.
Our backline and midfield is coming together. Especially once we inject Tarrant,Corr, Lmac, Anderson & Polec back in.
The forward line needs some work. A little bit of experience in the form of Garner helped. Maybe the inclusion of Xerri could too?

Also.....that win felt so freaking gooooood!

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Ive been saying this for 18 months. Hawthorn (albeit win ing their flags) are completely f’ed. They are hanging their hat on Worpel and recycling players. They are FUBAR. They are in worse shape than us. Worpel is the worst AFL bnf winner that ive ever witnessed in my entire life.

Geelong wont be far behind in a year or two!

Back