Autopsy Autopsy vs Hawthorn (W) - Rd 9. 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I agree it could be a monkey off the back type of thing. Given our injuries and players coming back post bye I can see us winning another 3-4 games this year.

In 2 years time our midfield looks pretty dam good.

Cunners 31
Anderson 29
Simpkin 25
LDU 24
Stephenson 24
Thomas 23
Powell 21
Phillips 21
Horne/Sonsie/Sinn etc 20

Scott? Dumont?

If we tuck away Horne, then we are in a prime position to trade for experienced/KPP players.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Did we really get favourable decisions or is Dwayne a rubbish caller?

If people want to really drive the point home, then remember that he has a midday radio show on SEN that guarantees that all callers get on air.

If 5-6 North supporters commit to calling him out on his bias, then it's going to get traction.

Mobilise, act.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Votes in the classic 100? I think I've got about 15 on my shortlist:
Ravel - Bolero
Prokofiev - Romeo & Juliet
Stravinsky - Rite of Spring
Kats-Chernin - Butterflying
Vaughan Williams - Lark Ascending
Mussogorsky - Pictures at an Exhibition
Puccini - Tosca
Mozart - Prague Symphony (no 38)
Satie - Gymnopedies
Fanny Mendelssohn- String Quartet
Smetana - Ma Vlast
Haydn - Trumpet concerto
Mahler - Symphony no 7
Holst - The Planets
Haven't even got any Beethoven, Bach, Wagner or Debussy on there, to name just a few. Not sure how to get it down to 10!

These are all bullshit.

You just clear out the forward line and put Beethoven's 7th, Movement 2 playing out of the square.

This strategy is also known as Paganini's Paddock.

Scott? Dumont?

If we tuck away Horne, then we are in a prime position to trade for experienced/KPP players.

Unfortunately, the only way to tuck Horne away for sure is to win only one more game this season. If we play like we did yesterday and get Polec , Tarrant and Jed back - that might well not be possible. The back portion of our season is much more manageable than the first 8 games too. Also, I don’t want us to win only one more game this season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unfortunately, the only way to tuck Horne away for sure is to win only one more game this season. If we play like we did yesterday and get Polec , Tarrant and Jed back - that might well not be possible. The back portion of our season is much more manageable than the first 8 games too.

There is no formula. We only need to be shitter relative to everyone else in order to have pick 1.

Pretty rare in a 22 game fixture for the bottom side to have less than 3 wins let alone multiple sides.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
These are all bullshit.

You just clear out the forward line and put Beethoven's 7th, Movement 2 playing out of the square.

Meanwhile.....................over at Caroline Wilson's house...................

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Cunnnington admires Teffy?

It's perfectly understandable.

Could you imagine what would happen if chadwiko offered him some aromatherapy and a back rub?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has 2017 written all over it..
We're the bottom side won 5 games? and the next 3 won 6?

I assume you mean that we will be in a battle for last and then win a meaningless game and push ourselves off the bottom.

If it happens it happens. However we have won 1 game and it was against the side in 17th. I expect we are a shot against the sides in or around the bottom 6. But that above that we will struggle.

Given our shithouse % I can't really see us moving beyond bottom 2.

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
These are all bullshit.

Geeze, Paganini's Paddock is a bit dated, although if it's not baroque why fix it, eh?

I have liked the elevation of TC to provide a ChopIn the ruck. Really enables some Goldstein Variations.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Geeze, Paganini's Paddock is a bit dated, although if it's not baroque why fix it, eh?

I have liked the elevation of TC to provide a ChopIn the ruck. Really enables some Goldstein Variations.

They really need to setup to exploit the in the bach rule since half our kicks create contests because they rimthesky.

It's perfectly understandable.

Could you imagine what would happen if chadwiko offered him some aromatherapy and a back rub?

🤣Given he opted for a hair transplant because “it helps my confidence”, we might all be very surprised on that front. Ben does things his way.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
🤣Given he opted for a hair transplant because “it helps my confidence”, we might all be very surprised on that front. Ben does things his way.

I reckon the only transplant that interested Ben, was a fatter transplanted wallet.

Still reckon we could do with an extra tall utility. I hear that Ellington kid has pretty good dukes.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did we really get favourable decisions or is Dwayne a rubbish caller?

The one on Garner when his jumper was clearly pulled and then his face was ripped off immediately after? Choice of two free kicks there.

Or the one on Zurhaar when he was taken out of the marking contest just after landing at Launceston airport prior to the game? Yes I think that was somewhat before the ball was within 5 metres.

There may have been two other free kicks to us in the last quarter that you could consider questionable but neither resulted in a score.

On the other hand, earlier in the game, we had Curtis Taylor fly for a mark, get a hand to it but penalised for unrealistic attempt. Just 4 minutes later, Chad Wingard flies for a mark, doesn't touch the ball, doesn't get penalised and Hawthorn runs the ball down the field for a goal.

We also saw Zurhaar bump a player slightly late and give up a free kick, whereas Simpkin got hit late and high, warranting a fine for the Hawthorn player but no free kick.

So no, I don't think we should be counting our lucky stars over favourable decisions. And Dwayne being rubbish is a constant - just like the energy density of space. Or between his ears.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back