Autopsy Autopsy vs Hawthorn (W) - Rd 9. 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

This is an autopsy thread and after 17 pages its about time to get clinical.

We had many, many more inside 50's and only won by a goal. The first quarter summed up the game early as we went forward time and time again and didn't look like scoring. They (Wingard) got a couple on the rebound but I am more concerned that we need another goal kicker and a half forward that can win a contest against the run of play. Larkey was a 'junk-yard dog' late in the game. contesting well, earning several frees but I am no longer thinking of him as a number one forward. I hope I am wrong of course but I did not see him out on a lead, getting a cheap kick late in the game. Good forwards do this.

Walker and McKay, apart from the Bruce game, are holding the back half together and Hall is providing the run out of defence.

The two rucks are working so well. Where has Campbell been? He looks a competent AFL player.

Jy is a good player but lacks penetration in his kicking. I look forward to him laying it off to runners in front of the ball. The challenge for him is to back up yesterday week in and week out. He could become an elite on baller.

I think we need to develop more avenues to goal and probably its time for Xerri to be tried.

Cold Sunday morning. Heater on, some nice Sunday morning classical music, warm sockies, Mrs.H.still abed, just made the perfect cup of Twinings Russian Caravan tea.

Life's just really great some days.

Spread some love today Shinboners, " WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS......"

( keeping a lid on it 👍 )
Mozart for me a but the sweetest music in the morning is the sound of the water going into the tea mug. I prefer simple tea. All that scented stuff is tea with underarm deodorant sprayed in it.

Mozart for me a but the sweetest music in the morning is the sound of the water going into the tea mug. I prefer simple tea. All that scented stuff is tea with underarm deodorant sprayed in it.

Alot of that crap about DP. Wife got me some French Earl Grey, tastes like Chanel no.5. Russian Caravan like a smoky campfire in your mouth.

103.5 3mbs Sunday morning. Organ & Choral music 👍

Okay, dust has settled. Lots to like once the adjustments were made and blokes settled.

However, there's no escaping the fact that a side that had such a huge margin of in midfield dominance should not have been clawing for victory in the last minute of the match. We should have been 10 goals in front.

We are still incredibly inefficient, and I hope more "tweaking" of "the process" will follow.

We had many, many more inside 50's and only won by a goal...

I think we need to develop more avenues to goal and probably its time for Xerri to be tried.

1621120817478.png

Okay, dust has settled. Lots to like once the adjustments were made and blokes settled.

However, there's no escaping the fact that a side that had such a huge margin of in midfield dominance should not have been clawing for victory in the last minute of the match. We should have been 10 goals in front.

We are still incredibly inefficient, and I hope more "tweaking" of "the process" will follow.
We still have a pretty nude forward line. Our key forward doesn’t half enough contests and the brigade of midfielders moonlighting as forwards don’t get to the fall often enough. There’s also a fair bit of a chemistry issue, as the mids and forward line aren’t on the same page often enough.

We need a seasoned, mobile key forward and another dangerous pacey small. Thomas should rotate behind the ball when he’s off rotation generating drive with his kicking as his forward craft isnt it.

ADD: as much as it’s a process thing, we are where we are because a lack of cattle. They’ve done a bloody good job forming a midfield group and a solid backline however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of that crap about DP. Wife got me some French Earl Grey, tastes like Chanel no.5. Russian Caravan like a smoky campfire in your mouth.

103.5 3mbs Sunday morning. Organ & Choral music 👍
Votes in the classic 100? I think I've got about 15 on my shortlist:
Ravel - Bolero
Prokofiev - Romeo & Juliet
Stravinsky - Rite of Spring
Kats-Chernin - Butterflying
Vaughan Williams - Lark Ascending
Mussogorsky - Pictures at an Exhibition
Puccini - Tosca
Mozart - Prague Symphony (no 38)
Satie - Gymnopedies
Fanny Mendelssohn- String Quartet
Smetana - Ma Vlast
Haydn - Trumpet concerto
Mahler - Symphony no 7
Holst - The Planets
Haven't even got any Beethoven, Bach, Wagner or Debussy on there, to name just a few. Not sure how to get it down to 10!

I hope he plays till he’s 40.
He's already achieved the feat of playing until he looks like he's 40. Actually, he hit that milestone quite some time ago.

I struggle to think of a player who has represented this club who is more deserving of a premiership.

Thought Ats was quite good using his speed through traffic during the game.

Arguably scotty's all time dumbest comment.

He completely took Wingard out of the match in the 3rd quarter when Noble finally made the switch...........and then the Hawthorn forward line fell in a hole.

Hawthorn: 1-2-8
North: 4-5-29

Remove this Banner Ad

Back