Autopsy Autopsy vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there is some secrete sect brainwashing the other players into staying at the club and driving down trainning and playing standards. Like a corrupt union orchestrating maximum pay for minimum output for its members.
I'm starting to get the uneasy feeling that a few of our players are rather content with the arrangement. Pissfart around at training, rock up on gameday, take home the paycheck. None of the blood, sweat and tears that should characterise every AFL career, but all of the financial rewards. No brainwashing necessary.

God I hope Clarko comes back feeling well. Unleash the full wrath on this pack of frauds

I'm starting to get the uneasy feeling that a few of our players are rather content with the arrangement. Pissfart around at training, rock up on gameday, take home the paycheck. None of the blood, sweat and tears that should characterise every AFL career, but all of the financial rewards. No brainwashing necessary.

God I hope Clarko comes back feeling well. Unleash the full wrath on this pack of frauds
I've waited 3 preseasons now to see an improvement in our fitness. 2 under Noble and 1 under Clarko. I'm still waiting.... the full wrath should already have been unleashed.

I've waited 3 preseasons now to see an improvement in our fitness. 2 under Noble and 1 under Clarko. I'm still waiting.... the full wrath should already have been unleashed.
I don't get why the fitness training can't begin now (or weeks ago). Building bodies for next season would be of more value than whatever it is they're doing at training now.

I don't get why the fitness training can't begin now (or weeks ago). Building bodies for next season would be of more value than whatever it is they're doing at training now.
Purely speculating here, but maybe we are and that's why we look so unfit on game day, due to the players being flogged with extra conditioning sessions during the week.

Unlikely, but at this stage I'll clutch at any straw to explain away our current levels of sh*tness.

Purely speculating here, but maybe we are and that's why we look so unfit on game day, due to the players being flogged with extra conditioning sessions during the week.

Unlikely, but at this stage I'll clutch at any straw to explain away our current levels of sh*tness.
Nah we’re just arse ring .

Partly because the team is incapable of kicking to the advantage of a player on the move. I would hate to be a leading target with the kicks served up by this team.

I don't have enough fingers to count the number of times there was leading space in front of a target and the player with the ball didn't have the ability to place the ball for them to run onto and mark.

Maybe I expect too much, after all we had multiple senior players who can't even keep the ball in the field of play when kicking under almost no pressure.
Yeah thats fair, delivery was piss poor. I find it frustrating though that larks only kicks goals out the back, or when it's delivered on a platter for him. Very rarely does he take a big contested mark in the forward 50 when the team needs it.

Nobles was a strange unit who was never meant to venture into coaching, so who knows what the quality was of his perceptive faculties in regard to fitness, football operations etc. He probably thought it was all tickety-boo and that his gameplan would help carry the club along. He wasn't there for the big drop in standards, during the hub/COVID interruption, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there, as s**t a coach as he was.

And I reckon Clarko thought that coming to North would be like an enjoyable side project. Fixing up an old, broken-down car or something, instead of the actual reality, the difficulty of which has been more akin to performing neurosurgery. I said it somewhere else yesterday, but I think he expected a far lower level of shitness. That the roots of professionalism would already be entrenched and that a few touch-ups would have us on our way. He's seen the reality of it now. He's thrown a chair at the wall (allegedly). He's not going to be in any mood to stomach half-hearted efforts in training now, knowing how far behind the rest of the comp we are.

If our fitness hasn't noticeably improved next year, the club's a lost cause, but I get the feeling standards will start lifting very soon. No more illusions of competence from the coaches, no more pats on the back, no more 'oh yeah they've got plenty of young talent, they just need time.' The coaches know now, and for the first time they'll have a window to rectify the situation with the knowledge they have. I reckon the players are in for the most difficult preseason of their careers

Last edited:
I was sitting in the ED of Sunshine Hospital waiting to see my old Mum (88) who had been waiting to be admitted to what turned out to be Pneumonia on Thursday. Still in here with a lot of s**t to overcome...

North are the biggest rabble I've seen in my time as a supporter, but it's insignificant in the big scheme of life.

Stick fat friends .
There is always something more important going on in the world other than how terrible North is going. The thing is, people are only venting on BF because they care. Care too much at times. Best wishes to your Mum. I hope she is on the improve soon.

Last edited:
From the first minutes of the game you could see our boys not working hard enough. Coming out of the backline the movement was non-existent. How are we having to bomb the ball long down the line in the first minutes of the game!?
This might sound insane but I reckon you could tell in the warm up. I said as much, their body language was awful. I mean, LOL amateur psychologist but am I wrong?

This might sound insane but I reckon you could tell in the warm up. I said as much, their body language was awful. I mean, LOL amateur psychologist but am I wrong?
Nah, the attitude reflects in all elements of the game. We used to say the same in the late 80s... The warmup often indicated how the team would perform on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can three of our tallest players in Xerri, CCJ & Larkey combine for 4 marks, with none of those contested. Absolutely zero aerial presence from our 'big' blokes.
Not to disregard your point but I saw Larkey on at least one occasion take a mark with a player right on his hammer leading up the ground... if that's not a contested mark the definition needs tweaking.

I was sitting in the ED of Sunshine Hospital waiting to see my old Mum (88) who had been waiting to be admitted to what turned out to be Pneumonia on Thursday. Still in here with a lot of s**t to overcome...

North are the biggest rabble I've seen in my time as a supporter, but it's insignificant in the big scheme of life.

Stick fat friends .
Fingers crossed for her.

Wonder if Clarko situation uncertainty is having an impact on the group mentally and whether him doing work on the draft (I don't have a problem with it) has sent a bit of a signal to the group inadvertently that we're focused on next year and for some of you your days are numbered.
Could also be a divide of young vs old amongst the playing group perhaps that gets exacerbated by Kingy's comments.
It was certainly interesting to see Ratts use the words "we can't fracture" but perhaps he also saw some arguing amongst them.
Biggest things to get right are recruiting and list management and fitness/skills. Massive offseason ahead.

Charlie Comben was at the social club before the game and in his interview he mentioned "improved metrics" or some such measure which was meant to reassure that things were tracking ok for the group.

I hope they dont really believe that. About 2 minutes off being winless this year and snagging another spoon. Yay for metrics.

I was reading that this morning and all I could think of was how powerless Sonja must be feeling.
After all the bullshit of Covid in 2020 and 2021 and the changing of coach after coach after coach and from the review last year and and the 11 wins in 4 years and still these players cant self motivate to want to win. Like yes were a shitshow but were trying to improve. We go get Clarko and Viney and get buy in and we know its baby steps. But f***. Aren't they sick of losing? Don't they want to achieve something great?

Sonja and Jen Watt are in their 1st full years. s**t hasn't even gotten hard yet IMO
There is more pain to come and I can only hope they're ready.

Last edited:
Bailey Scott no votes? * me lol

Charlie Comben was at the social club before the game and in his interview he mentioned "improved metrics" or some such measure which was meant to reassure that things were tracking ok for the group.

I hope they dont really believe that. About 2 minutes off being winless this year and snagging another spoon. Yay for metrics.

This is Noble esque, worrying s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back