Autopsy Autopsy vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn were lucky because when they were crap AFL was handing out priority picks like candy. Hawthorn got 2 priority picks.
Yep. And with the #1 pick you could turn that into #4 and one in the teens for example.

If we nail a quick, skillful elite midfielder, Ill shut the * up. But it feels like we play for 8th most of the time.

For what we are attempting yes IMO.

Will cost us either our first this year or next, if we still peruse Kelly. As he will now likely cost both 1st round picks.

With pick 1 we had a great position for holding 1 of those 2 picks.
Well I'm glad you're not in charge of negotiations down at the NMFC but I understand your concerns seeing that Joyces will have a big say in what we offer. :stern look

Reason for Edit: Under the Influence

Last edited:

Yes im one, in my 40+ years i dont think ive been more seething. Ive never once wanted us to lose until today. We keep finishing middle of the road because we're simply too damn stupid.
You know before drafts we spent years and years at around the bottom, wonder why now with a draft we're middle of the road all the time? There are some people around here that are gullible enough to think its our amazing talent and culture keeping us in nowhere land.
We still got pick 4, that is still bottoming out, not middle of the road. That pick, even if it was 1, could easily disappear to GWS for Kelly, so what difference does it make, truly. Plus we are also very deep into Martin, I prefer the positives in this situation as pick 1 is as almost as good as pick 4 as you are just as likely to stuff up pick 1 as pick 4, as recent drafting history of afl clubs and north has showed, I.e. Boyd and Hansen before Selwood.

Too many excited undies in here after smashing the now proven shittest team in the league.

Wow we have some pain to endure.

And please stop with this "if we land elite player X we will be competing..."

Thats a massive IF...
Sorry can't do that seeing I'm the eternal optimist. :stern look

Enjoyed Jy's last two games.

Showed some glimpses of the seriously good footballer he is going to be.

Almost had 20 disposals today. 3 bounces. A goal. Mix of inside and outside ball. Defensive side was a little lacklustre but I don't have a single concern over that in the long run. Loving the kids showing different strengths in different games. Garner is a prime example. Turner and his role change too (game high goal assists by the way.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice way to finish, even though we miss that number one pick. Hopefully we get a Bont at 4.
Durdin for mine was very impressive. His third quarter was brilliant.
Clarke with 27 surely gets the Rising Star nom.
Jye's 17 were sublime. That goal...
McKay looked at home until injured.
Brown is a star.
Dumont finished on a high, very good game against Beams.
Thompson should get another year.
Sad to see LT almost in tears in the song...well played fella. I'll miss Loogie too.
Nice write up Vapour. Loved Dirty Durdin's game. Ben Macs first Up game was very promising. Simpkin is electrifying. Clarke is a ball magnet. Mountford is a running machine. Good signs. :stern look

I'm happy that our last spoon was 1972.. using pick one to pick the best talented player is harder than picking a broken nose

On EVA-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you take the kid that clearly has the tools but might have attitude issues?
The one that has EXACTLY what you need, but is coming off an injury?
Do you play it completely safe and go one that the best attributes to question marks ratio?

Drafting aint easy.

We still got pick 4, that is still bottoming out, not middle of the road. That pick, even if it was 1, could easily disappear to GWS for Kelly, so what difference does it make, truly. Plus we are also very deep into Martin, I prefer the positives in this situation as pick 1 is as almost as good as pick 4 as you are just as likely to stuff up pick 1 as pick 4, as recent drafting history of afl clubs and north has showed, I.e. Boyd and Hansen before Selwood.

You make a compelling case, please trade our pick 4 in both drafts for the pick 1s + some sort of a sweetener for taking on those 2 no1 picks.

I think people need to think about it.

1. Had we lost against Brisbane today; what would that reflect to any potential player contemplating coming to North? Bulldogs struggled to win up there and so had others and we belted them.

2. Football experts like Roos, Wallace etc for example have said over the past week its way more important to finish the season strong to bring in that momentum, hunger and desire into the first training session and first games next season. That is completely true....they should know too.

3. Building a culture that is losing is no good for anyone.

I think you guys are being a little narrow minded and looking at draft position than the entire picture. More important to choose the right player/s.

The best result happened for us today. And Carlton losing is another best result as well. Even though Josh I believe was done months ago but theres always other players we may be after that they are too.

Lindsay is contracted for next year. He is a really capable player. He's been playing really good footy in the VFL.

At the end of the game in the players race he was visibly upset & teammates were seeking him out to wish him well. Not sure if that was on tv but at the ground it looked like the end.

Very sad if true. Thanks LT.

BTW Jy Simpkin today. God I cant wait to see him next year.

Built into the season more and become more and more confident and could run out games. From when he first started in the season to now is a large difference.

Can't wait till 2018 and have Wright, Jmac, Jacobs back and seeing the kids improve with the addition of Kelly & Ahern with the rare possibility of Dusty too.

At the end of the game in the players race he was visibly upset & teammates were seeking him out to wish him well. Not sure if that was on tv but at the ground it looked like the end.

Very sad if true. Thanks LT.
Interesting if true. Will miss him for sure.

BTW Jy Simpkin today. God I cant wait to see him next year.

Built into the season more and become more and more confident and could run out games. From when he first started in the season to now is a large difference.

Can't wait till 2018 and have Wright, Jmac, Jacobs back and seeing the kids improve with the addition of Kelly & Ahern with the rare possibility of Dusty too.

My son started waving his flag when Jy did that fancy footwork on the wing it was that exciting. He couldn't stop talking about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back