Review Autopsy vs Melb

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge win, Sloane out for 1.5 quarter so we were down to 2.5 quarter in Darwin that was 27 degrees. And we gave them a half head start. Given how inconsistent and mentally fragile we are this season, I thought we would have lost by 5 goals but we stuck strong. This is clearly a mental thing with us, not sure how to fix it.

Melbourne have forgot how to win thankfully

1.8 in the last sums up why we won

Pyke clearly knows it too. He won’t be tricked into overrating the game because of the win like many will probably suggest.His face at the siren was clear to see that. What way his response goes (rush back sauce, dougy or go another route) remains to be seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Melbourne, we are an average team which is fine when you have a young team but we should be doing so much better with our list.

Woah

Good:
Brad - did very well given the ruck situation and no Sloane
JJ - no complaints about his return
Lynch - ran all night long
Gooch - only 13 disposal, but all class 6 inside 50s = with Brayshaw and Harms as most on the ground)
CEY, Eddie and Thor in the last really stood up
Laird - did his usual
Kelly I thought was good.
Gibbs as a tagger was actually good (props to Pyke)

tbh not many others were all that great

Bad:
Atkins must go 27 touches but cripes.
Murphy as well must be close to gone. He needs to do more 4 touches is not enough
Mackay as well sorry. Nope. Give me Chayce

Thanks Melbourne, we are an average team which is fine when you have a young team but we should be doing so much better with our list.
We gave them the chance to win, virtually no pressure for the entire 1st half so they got their confidence up and then when we came back at them, they choked. We held strong despite losing Sloane 1.5 quarters in the game on a hot night in Darwin.

Disgusting performance in my opinion. Embarrassed to collect 4 points dishing up that garbage. Says a lot more about Melb than us.

Betts, CEY and Greenwood got us over the line.

Umpiring was diabolical.

Tex is just embarrassing himself at this point.

Gibbs is interesting. Theoretically he was complete trash but if he was instructed to sacrifice his game and not let Oliver get near it, then fair dues, did the job I guess.

Seeds was hugely disappointing.

12 goal loss the next 2 weeks unless some drastic changes happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back