Review Autopsy vs Melb

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people are still conditioned to thinking Freo and Bris are garbage.

Results showing we were excellent against those 2 sides.

We’ve been in good form against hard opposition- and we found a way tonight against a side trying to save their season
Currently we are a middle of the pack team & our ladder position fairly reflects that.

We are definitely not excellent nor are we near the bottom of the pack either.

Cats, Pies, Giants & Weagles clearly ahead of the rest imo. Richmond behind with key injuries.

Last edited:
Currently we are a middle of the pack team & our ladder position fairly reflects that.

We are definitely not excellent nor are we near the bottom of the pack either.

Cats, Pies & Weagles clearly ahead of the rest imo. Richmond behind with key injuries.

And Giants.

That makes 5 teams clearly above us.

Big footy logic...

Crows up by 30 vs WC and lose.
We are so ****, wc are so good, we have no class.

Crows down by 30 vs MEL and win.
We are so **** (despite doing it without our 2 best mids), Melbourne are just shitter.

Can’t anyone just enjoy a fairytale comeback anymore?

how many players were melbourne missing?

in my opinion our performance vs WC was much better than MFC

Lets be very clear. Weidemann kicks that goal and this board melts. Nobody is bringing up us beating Freo , nobody is congratulating us on a great fightback.

That is where I am coming from. We were a bees dick away from having our season in tatters and people think we are contenders now.

We might be but I do want to see better than last night

I disagree

We only lost by 1 point to Brisbane and beat another form team in Fremantle. Geelong, Fremantle and Geelong are the form teams. The ball in in our court, we have GWS, Richmond and Geelong over thye next month.

Win 2 out of those 3 and we are away, season going nicely. Lose, and the negative nellies have ammunition to bitch and moan.

Lets be very clear. Weidemann kicks that goal and this board melts. Nobody is bringing up us beating Freo , nobody is congratulating us on a great fightback.

That is where I am coming from. We were a bees dick away from having our season in tatters and people think we are contenders now.

We might be but I do want to see better than last night
Yeah but here’s the thing...he didn’t kick it. Now maybe that’s just his bad error....or maybe he was out on his feet in the heat because of our will to keep going. We stayed with them while they were spending their petrol.

Our refusal to give up and put scoreboard pressure on them meant he had the world on his shoulders. We put them back in a position where they had to win the game back. Big psychological difference.

We deserve credit for that win. We were happy to give it to WCE last week.

I disagree

We only lost by 1 point to Brisbane and beat another form team in Fremantle. Geelong, Fremantle and Geelong are the form teams. The ball in in our court, we have GWS, Richmond and Geelong over thye next month.

Win 2 out of those 3 and we are away, season going nicely. Lose, and the negative nellies have ammunition to bitch and moan.

Fremantle had one of their best wins ever outside of Perth on the weekend.

But its a bit rich to say they are the form team at the moment. Past 5 games Cats are 5/5, Giants 4/5, Pies 4/5, Eagles 4/5.

These are the form teams of the competition.

lol.png

Fremantle had one of their best wins ever outside of Perth on the weekend.

But its a bit rich to say they are the form team at the moment. Past 5 games Cats are 5/5, Giants 4/5, Pies 4/5, Eagles 4/5.

These are the form teams of the competition.

They have beaten Collingwood and GWS in the past 6 weeks. Both away games. They have also beaten Brisbane at home are fantastic victories for any team.

You support however you like, that is your choice but I still thinking we are a chance this year. I have not given up.

Feel free to change it to the top 8 to make you happier, I said Top 6 because thats where they all are.

Which teams of the top 8 have been considered respected in your opinion?
We had an excellent win v StKilda in R 6. They were 4-1 sitting 2nd or 3rd, had beaten Hawthorn and their only loss was by 5 points to Freo in Perth.

Even after 10 rounds they were only sitting outside the 8 by %.

So that was a quality win in Melb without doubt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he had a point to prove and Melbourne were screwed down back with injuries. Didnt McDonald have him for most of the night?

The true test will be Giants, Tigers and Cats. Both he and Tex have redemption opportunities.
True and I reckon they are gonna be up to it. 2 wins out of the next 3 would be nice, 3 out of 3 even better. I'd hate to think what would of happened if we lost last night, just looking at the coaching group when the siren went you could see how important it was.

They have beaten Collingwood and GWS in the past 6 weeks. Both away games. They have also beaten Brisbane at home are fantastic victories for any team.

You support however you like, that is your choice but I still thinking we are a chance this year. I have not given up.

Alex, I dont disagree with you thats your opinion. They have had good wins this year. This same team has however dropped games to Essendon and the Suns.

I have not given up on us, I am just realistic. This isnt my first rodeo, to win a flag takes a special group of players coached well to consistently perform.

I dont see us winning it, but I do see us as a strong chance to make the 8 and win in Week 1.

Alex, I dont disagree with you thats your opinion. They have had good wins this year. This same team has however dropped games to Essendon and the Suns.

I have not given up on us, I am just realistic. This isnt my first rodeo, to win a flag takes a special group of players coached well to consistently perform.

I dont see us winning it, but I do see us as a strong chance to make the 8 and win in Week 1.

Please practice what you preach. You asked Peter to not name call. My name is not Alex. Last Sunday I engaged the moderators to investigate.

If my posting was as heinous as some have made out, why am I still posting?

Our midfield from 2022 to 2026 will be really exciting. We should just give Rowell his contract now.

Can we invite him to train with us prior to the draft?

We had an excellent win v StKilda in R 6. They were 4-1 sitting 2nd or 3rd, had beaten Hawthorn and their only loss was by 5 points to Freo in Perth.

Even after 10 rounds they were only sitting outside the 8 by %.

So that was a quality win in Melb without doubt

Thats fine, you think the Saints is respected side and we had a quality win against them, thats your opinion.

They had good wins against Carlton, Gold Coast, Essendon, Melbourne and Hawks especially given they came 16th last year. I dont think any of the teams they have beaten will make the 8 but they had good wins nevertheless against most likely bottom 10 teams.

I have a serious question - how is it Round 11 and we've still not worked out a plan for kick ins?

Anyone?
I can't understand this either.
The first rule should be not to kick it to an 'out-number'.
But alas, it usually occurs once we've done the a) little kick to the pocket and then b) kick it backwards from there.

Please practice what you preach. You asked Peter to not name call. My name is not Alex. Last Sunday I engaged the moderators to investigate.

If my posting was as heinous as some have made out, why am I still posting?

You actually posted to me that I could call you Alex. Unless this has changed I will not call you by your first name.

Not quite sure where I said we were flag favourites. I was responding to a post about whether we are contending. I think we remain in contention, nothing more nothing less.

Maybe refrain from making schoolyard errors...like not reading people’s posts and putting words in their mouth.

I don't think we are contending and our ladder position and win loss ratio is a perfect reflection of where we are at.

Better than the s**t teams, behind the really good teams, so ultimately just making up the numbers

Geez if you came away from last night's game thinking we are still a chance this year then I don't know what to say. I took a lot of things away from last night, that wasn't one of them...

Geez if you came away from last night's game thinking we are still a chance this year then I don't know what to say. I took a lot of things away from last night, that wasn't one of them...

Are Collingwood a premiership thread?

Are Collingwood a premiership thread?

Well yeah, seeing as though they were runners up last year and currently sit in 3rd you would think so.

We've beaten the teams currently sitting in 8th, 9th, 11th, 15th, 16th and 17th. Hardly anything to hang our hat on. We've already lost 3 of our 5 home games and will likely go in underdogs this weekend. I can't see in any shape or form how you could conclude that we are in 'contention' this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back