Autopsy Autopsy vs Melbourne - Round 7, 2021

I think it is time for Larkey to do more squats, didn't make the distance twice from 40m out, Boomer had more penetration as a 36 year old.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Two teams reamed by the umps only one will get talked about and won’t the media go on about that poor team. Whately will be pontificating like he is part of the westoboro baptist church

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Warrboy

All Australian
Aug 9, 2005
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was at the game. It’s remarkable how competitive we are with the amount of injuries and absent senior bodies we have.

So impressed with Walker. He puts his body on the line for the club every week, amazing he doesn’t injure himself more.

Cunners and Hall were great. Love watching the kids. Need to find ways to bring Stevo into the game more. As others said CZ sadly still devoid of confidence.

Obviously our forward line remains biggest problem. I like Campbell’s inclusion for structure. Taylor had no impact, Mahoney is not AFL standard.

Really hope we can get some cattle back on the park soon. Much excitement ahead!

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I heard he was lazy. :p

I think someone people think someone out of gas is being lazy.

You might even say that it's a little lazy calling Thomas lazy. Although it's really not lazy, it's worse than that. It's falling back dangerously close to a dated racist trope based around black fellas going walkabout.

Speaking of which, one other "positive" out of the game was that Gerald Healy was able to reincarnate his irrational hatred for a North Melbourne player named Thomas, blaming him for everything wrong with the game.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
I don't know what North Supporters but watching the game on Foxtel it seemed that there were more Melbourne Supporters in the crowd then North Supporters if this was the case I find that quite worrying.
As for the game, I thought today was our best performance for the year but with injuries it's hurting not having depth at the VFL level.
Just need a fitness guru that can get players fit any chance of sounding out a Neil Craig type.

Was at the game there were alot of Melbourne supporters there.
Hobart has a lot of supporters of all different clubs.

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I agree with this.. Curtis Taylor could do with a spell too. When our injury list thins out a touch this is what should happen

curtis has had an injury interrupted pre season TT is the real worry.
All the talent in the world but doesn’t seem to have the appetite to do the hard work. I remember Ron Barrassi’s great quote about god given ability is not something to be proud of it’s what you add to it that gives you pride. Hopefully the penny drops for him, but gee he has been around for awhile now.

I think it is time for Larkey to do more squats, didn't make the distance twice from 40m out, Boomer had more penetration as a 36 year old.
I don't think he looks fit to me or has an injury we aren't aware of. Looks cooked to early in games.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Umpires made sure Melbourne wouldn’t be threatened. HTB non existent if you were wearing a Melbourne jumper in the last, yet had no issue pinging us.

Just like last week, we are an easy target to umpire differently.
We know that footscray and richmond throw the ball at will, sometimes even feigning the action of a handpass - at least to server the optics of the matter. Melbourne today were allowed to throw the ball with not even the pretence of a punch. They were allowed to drag the ball in when on the ground, and were allowed to break tackles even though they already had prior opportunity. I was a brit surprised that #31 was penalised for raising the elbow when he predicted a collision - they got away with so much else.

To be fair, some of our blokes are catching on and were also throwing the ball.

It is seriously ruinging ithe character of the game to have officials selecting which rules will be used this year / month / week / game and for umpires to treat the rules as a guide as they seem to be doing.

Be independent.

Be officious (without going all parking inspector about it).

But most of all, be fair and consistent.

PS: In the Carleton game, one * bloke kicked the ball to a team-mate who ran into the protected zone and who caught the ball when he was ywm meters inside the man on the mark's position. The ball can't have gone more that 5 meters with the dinky little kick, yet the umpire paid the mark. The same bloke on the mark was then called to "stand" even though he had still not moved a single step.

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Those icons reminded me of an interview on the radio on Saturday morning - there was a proposal to set a standard deduction for all salary earners and remove the need for personal income tax submissions. The counter argument was about this resulting in the loss of income for tax accountants and consequently, there would be a reduction in tax collection revenues for the government as the accountants would have less taxible income.

LOL

What accountant has ever paid tax???????????????????????????

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Amazing to watch the complete blind eye to an elbow to the face on Powell by the illuminati in the commentary box. Last I checked a fend off uses an open hand.

It might not have been planned by Fritche but he raised his elbow when he could have ticked it and braced for impact. He is responsible for that action.

Yeah I spat out my coffee when Healy said he didn’t raise his arm.
Well, in that case, clearly not guilty.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
PS: In the Carleton game, one * bloke kicked the ball to a team-mate who ran into the protected zone and who caught the ball when he was ywm meters inside the man on the mark's position. The ball can't have gone more that 5 meters with the dinky little kick, yet the umpire paid the mark. The same bloke on the mark was then called to "stand" even though he had still not moved a single step.

Didn't see this but it sounds like an over reaction to last night.

I know there is gnashing of the teeth going on and people aren't happy, but I was more or less happy with the endeavour, and for the first half we stopped turning the ball over in the corridor, sadly, this was a problem in the 3rd quarter and we were made to pay for turning the ball over in the corridor.

Thomas played on Petracca for much of the game and even though he has had some amazing highlights, like my avatar, this was probably his best game over a four quarter period by a long shot given that Petracca had no major influence on the contest.

If Ziebell was as damaging to the opposition as he is to his own team mates he would be a real weapon, ran back into McKay spoiling him and coughing up one of many goals and did the same thing not looking where he was going and taking Bonar our for the game. Don't want to harp on it because it is what it is, but it is frustrating.

Cunnington was a beast, awesome game.

McKay was great again.

This was Goldy's best game against Gawn since Goldy was AA imo.

Won the clearances 40 vs 35, contested possessions were equal and I think that is a major strength for Melbourne and we did it with a lot of mids out injured no Anderson, LDU, Dumont, Polec. Jy stepped up this week, was much better than he has been this season to date.

The areas we did so well was undone largely because we let a lightweight like Fritsch kick 6 goals. I think someone like Marley Williams would have done a better job on him. I know we are rebuilding, but I think it was an error to get rid of our best lock down small defender. I would have just banned him from kicking, just tell him to handpass it off and go back riding his man.

No real complaints with the kids, they made mistakes but that is to be expected. We will realistically be playing with half the number of kids after the bye once we get some mature players back.

hcd199

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Waterford GAA, Glenorchy, Hob (BBL)
Easily our best performance for the season, and heartening to see the playing group so energised in the first half. The errors were frustrating, still sucked into contests (stoppages and aerial) too easily and leaving opponents loose goalside too often, but we showed all the right signs early of being able to get around that, playing attacking football but in a more controlled manner. Helps that Cunnington was in top form, of course, but plenty of others had strong showings today as well. Really, we were far enough on top in the first half to be further ahead - made some costly mistakes that allowed Melbourne to stay within a couple of goals, so when things turned in the third term we didn't have much of a buffer.

Losing touch with them late after getting so close is irksome, too, and something we have to find a way to address given how consistently a problem it's already become this season. Hopefully our fairly easy run over the next month or more helps us out there, in terms of keeping up for the full four quarters... hopefully an opportunity to put a set of seven unenviably poor final results behind us, as the form we showed in the first half today is really the standard we want to be at going forward.

RHLK

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Subiaco
Haven't watched the game. Had a brief glance at the result and the player stats and it feels encouraging. Looking forward to watching the replay.

Inflate your 'Punch-o-Maggot'™ and stand it by your chair.

hruchsuwucx.jpg

Back