Review Autopsy vs North Melbourne - Rd 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Any takeaways from Bevo’s press conference post game?

Other than he continues to be frustrated by media who ask questions he’s already answered or make up stuff without actually observing the game ( VFL form question), not a lot.

Maybe that he’s secretly worried about the number of injuries to key players but doesn’t want to comment because it detracts from the efforts of his replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I really liked what Garcia brought to the side yesterday. Someone that quick with that sort of ferocity can be vital in big finals. He won't be able to crack it in our midfield for a long time but if he can find a niche role in our forward half he might keep some guys like McNeil, VDM & Scott out of the team come later on.

Also I really liked what Garcia brought to the side yesterday. Someone that quick with that sort of ferocity can be vital in big finals. He won't be able to crack it in our midfield for a long time but if he can find a niche role in our forward half he might keep some guys like McNeil, VDM & Scott out of the team come later on.
Garcia went to ground a bit easily a few times but I fully expect that to change as he gets more games. He looks like the sort player Bevo would rate with his effort.

Josh Bruce has now kicked 39 goals from 15 games. That’s more goals than he has kicked in any season except 2015 when he kicked 50 from 22 games.

At his current rate he’ll easily top 50.

Turns out he wasn’t a dud trade after all. Just needed to get himself into shape this last off season.

He was my pick as most improved player for this year in the Time Capsule...Bailey Dale would be right up there too

COVID protocols meant you MUST enter through the gate indicated on your ticket. I went in through 5A right next to 5B. As soon as you go through the turnstiles we were back with the people who came in through 5B. There was no separation.

Earlier in the season when this was in place it was understandable as there were barriers sectioning off the different areas of the ground. Now you can walk freely around the ground, so what's the point of requiring us to go in a specific gate.

I've noticed it a few times this year that we take all of the talls off the ground at once. There was a 5 minute period in the first quarter where both Naughton & Bruce were off with Cody out of the square, tallest forward was Hannan. I wonder if it's by design to practice something different in case it's required in an important moment.

I think Bevo was tinkering a lot yesterday...we seemed to go in bursts and then stop while we tinkered, then back into again for a bit before swinging things around.

Say what you like about him, but he loves his versatility in players. It seemed a couple of times that English went off when Young went into the ruck and not up forward and the centre bounce rotations seemed different.

We've got 12 wins - that gets us 8th...now to lock in top 4, then top 2

COVID protocols meant you MUST enter through the gate indicated on your ticket. I went in through 5A right next to 5B. As soon as you go through the turnstiles we were back with the people who came in through 5B. There was no separation.

Earlier in the season when this was in place it was understandable as there were barriers sectioning off the different areas of the ground. Now you can walk freely around the ground, so what's the point of requiring us to go in a specific gate.

The absurdity of having to put a mask on to enter and walk around inside the stadium, only to take it off in your seat just highlights how ridiculous this has all become

North were awesome yesterday. Goldy and Cunnington were epic and they gave our mids an absolute bath. They're a different side than the one was faced earlier in the year.

It was a great game for us. We got towelled up in the midfield but we still found a way to win. We'll learn heaps. Our defenders had to defend without the benefit of midfield control which will be a good experience to keep them sharp.

I'm not worried about what it does or doesn't reveal about our side. We know we are good. We know our midfield is more than good enough. We were taught some lessons but we still banked four points which is an ideal result. We have more than enough percentage. If you offered me the option to trade some percentage for a more valuable match experience I'd take that right now.

I think Bevo was tinkering a lot yesterday...we seemed to go in bursts and then stop while we tinkered, then back into again for a bit before swinging things around.

Say what you like about him, but he loves his versatility in players. It seemed a couple of times that English went off when Young went into the ruck and not up forward and the centre bounce rotations seemed different.

We've got 12 wins - that gets us 8th...now to lock in top 4, then top 2
We could also be tinkering with the possibility of not having Sweet or Martin available in finals (through form or injury), with Young playing in the ruck. I remember they spent a big portion of a VFL season playing him in the ruck a couple of years back. Young could be in the team as a pure utility playing ruck, forward or back if needed, and allow English to spend a little bit of time up forward if they split the ruck role 50/50 some weeks.

It's not ideal but it stops us forcing Bruce to line up in the ruck and most of the top teams other than Melbourne, don't have a ruckman that we should be overly concerned about.

The absurdity of having to put a mask on to enter and walk around inside the stadium, only to take it off in your seat just highlights how ridiculous this has all become

Yeap got pulled up for having a mask around my chin eating chips on the way to my seat. Did they want seagulls to pinch them. Really some of the rules are laughable.

I see a lot of Brad Johnson in Cody, and now he’s in the old Jonno role except we’ve got tall forwards now.

Quick enough, very good overhead for his size, good kick and can play tall or small in many ways.

He’s a jet.

Seems to have a bit more agility and zip at ground level than Johno ever had, ha ha. Johno was a key forward trapped in a 6ft body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to have a bit more agility and zip at ground level than Johno ever had, ha ha. Johno was a key forward trapped in a 6ft body.
Johno definitely had that zip, but yeah, as the most undersized key forward ever, we just didn’t see it as much over his last 4-5 years.

I liked that he wasn’t afraid to bump into bigger players than him (ie, everyone) to let them know he and we won’t be pushed around. Especially that stat-padder Ziebell, absolute coward of a captain

I liked that he wasn’t afraid to bump into bigger players than him (ie, everyone) to let them know he and we won’t be pushed around. Especially that stat-padder Ziebell, absolute coward of a captain
Did you see Lindsay Gilbee's Tweet about Ziebell stepping 1 metre out of the square to kick just to get a stat? Love the boy

Sorry, bit late with comments after round trip back to the back blocks late last night after attending the game.

Riley Garcia - I like that he likes the physicality, happy to get in oppo's faces last week and this week. And at least he does it face to face, rather than the most faux of faux tough guys Ziebell, who snipes prostrate opponents who can't see him and are in no position to retaliate. ossie_21 described him perfectly - "coward". Just like the hit that cost Cloke a chunk of the 2017 season. It was great to see some contests yesterday against some of our smaller forwards that highlighted his very limited footballing ability.

Also, who is the f***-knuckle who decided Record sellers on the city side Bourke St end would only be positioned on the bridge from Spencer St? We parked beneath the stadium for mobility reasons, then had to come out on the concourse to enter at gate 5B, and after asking 3 different staff, were told the nearest Record seller was back towards the station! WTF?! Yet, as others have pointed out above, the ridiculous separation by gate entry is negated by people mixing as they approach the stadium from all directions, then again on the interior concourses. I have a record from every game I've ever attended going back 50 years, except for the last 2 home games. My OCD is playing havoc with me, and I'm ****ed if I'm going to cough up extra to order one online and get it mailed out due to some incompetent "decision-maker", who btw I'd like to meet in a dark alley and push an entire Record (not oen of mine) scrunched up page by page down their throat.

Possibly a slight over-reaction, but my whole life hinges on bringing the Record home, with my own peculiar markings for scoring, etc, and storing them in boxes to be rarely seen again, until one day my off-spring have to go through them following my demise.

A typical win by a good team not at their best on the day. Many a time we have been North Melbourne in that type of game. Great to be on the other side of that equation now. Great sign of maturity.

Bailey Dale, 2021 AA half back flank. Probably the best kick in the competition. Proved a few to be colossally wrong.

Did you see Lindsay Gilbee's Tweet about Ziebell stepping 1 metre out of the square to kick just to get a stat? Love the boy
s**t myself when I saw him a metre away from the Bont as he was about to kick the ball, dirty coward usually snipers for a late hit to the ribs there (ala Cloke),

He
A typical win by a good team not at their best on the day. Many a time we have been North Melbourne in that type of game. Great to be on the other side of that equation now. Great sign of maturity.

Bailey Dale, 2021 AA half back flank. Probably the best kick in the competition. Proved a few to be colossally wrong.
Dale’s kicking is sublime. Best in the comp.

Just wanted to drop in and say players like Bailey Dale and Weightman will be the reason why you win the flag. I imagine they're highly rated at the Kennel, but believe them to be underrated outside of the club.
Nah, Dale number 1 ranked defender in the comp at the moment. The lid is off. If other club’s supporters don’t know it or recognise how much of a gun he is then that reflects their ignorance if anything.

Just wanted to drop in and say players like Bailey Dale and Weightman will be the reason why you win the flag. I imagine they're highly rated at the Kennel, but believe them to be underrated outside of the club.

There was a lot of theorising that by missing out on Kozi Pickett we missed out on by far the best small forward available, and that Weightman wouldn't make it. He's proven his doubters wrong. Dale's been a revelation in the back line this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back