Autopsy Autopsy vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae injured... Wood injured... The fear of Bont being injured scaring us all to death...

886318.gif

Not many positives. Richards was outstanding, Bontempelli our best and classiest again. Not many other winners today.

Poor from the start, frustrating to get 6 goals down immediately. Biggs was absolutely awful early and I thought after a long wait in the seconds he’d be primed for a great effort tonight which was disappointing. He wasn’t the only though and had a lot of mates not pulling their weight.

Wood and Macrae injuries suck. Wood looked like a long term one, hopefully the news is good on that front

I tend to eat when I'm nervous. I ate 3/4 of a family size pizza watching that. I know who to blame for my high cholesterol reading at my next doctor visit.

Ed Richards gives me reason to stick around this earth for a while more in anticipation of another premiership. His second quarter was one I'll remember for a while. Star.

After the first quarter and with 2 players going down, I actually thought it was a reasonable effort to keep that to under 10 goals. Could’ve easily have been a 100+ point schalacking but Bont got them, gritted the teeth and we actually looked okay going forward for a lot of much of the game. They kicked 5 or so junk goals that just wouldn’t have happened if weren’t so depleted.

Positives with Crozier and to a lesser extent Schache who’s looking more likely the more he plays. I didn’t get the Roarke hate on here either, we had many worse than him.

Just had too many experienced enough players that were just awful and it’s sadly becoming a trend.

Supremely confident with last years draft that’ll we’ll get out of this okay. Richards, Naughton and even Schache are great pick-ups.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb Daniel - 5 touches WTF!?

Honeychurch last minute - on the run 30m out, 45 degree angle, doesn't make the distance and hits up a Port player.

No one expected anything else. What an indictment on our club that this bloke is playing. Feel embarrassed for the bloke who clearly tries (and that puts him ahead of about 80% of his teammates).

Something is putridly wrong with this club.

1. Anyone s**t canning Crozier needs to stop.

2. Give Dahlhaus the extra year he wants. Tries harded then anyone on the list. Reward the effort

3. Ed and Bont all class. Ball use is king.

Sorry man. Love your stuff, but points 2 and 3 completely contradict each other.

If ball use is king, no way in hell you give Dahlhaus what he wants.

Richards first half, Crozier, Bont not much else to like.

Sam Power has his work cut out for him, we could easilly turn over 20 players on list over next 2 years, how he replaces them is a big challenge.

Crozer best game for us so far.
If it wasn’t for Ed Richards in the second I would have gone to bed, looked so good in the forward line.

Obviously not a great night injuries to Macrae and Wood. Add in that a few guy said are clearly not up to it.

Biggs - just disgraceful
Trengove - really bad better off playing young or Roberts
Smith - an okay first quarter but I don’t see it
Daniel - gone so far backwards needs to go back to the twos
Webb - been a supporter had enough chances doesn’t work hard enough
Lippy - going to be a solid player but has had a bad month
Honeychurch - poor guy tries his guts out but just not up to it

Terrible first quarter
Terrible umpiring

Positives
Richards - great game, looks a star
Schache - continue to see signs needs continuity and another forward with him
Crozier - showed some signs best game for us
Gowers - has earned himself a senior list spot

34 down at quarter time lost by 57 with only 2 on the bench in the second half. For as bad as we seemed the last 3 quarters was decent esoecialli being 2 guys down

But we have a lot of list changes to be done and more pain ahead unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back