Autopsy Autopsy vs St Kilda - Round 11, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Like, bringing in Xerri?

If you actually read what I posted you will also note that I stated it's pointless without modifying "the process".

Your smartarse poorly constructed retort just slapped you in your own face.

If you actually read what I posted you will also note that I stated it's pointless without modifying "the process".

Your smartarse poorly constructed retort just slapped you in your own face.

You're a very sensitive person. Perhaps internet forums aren't for you.

If you reckon bringing in Xerri and playing him in a traditional, lead up CHF role (a 4 gamer who's mainly played ruck in the VFL and developing nicely) will solve any sort of problem, or provide materially much more than Campbell, or aid his development any more than what he's currently doing in the VFL, I think you're wrong. We don't have a skilled team enough to hit up leading targets, or even bloody stationary ones at the moment.

Sorry, you didn't mention anything in your post about process, you just had a crack at someone in your other post so I had to make some assumptions that this is what you're talking about.

I missed the game but it looks like Mason Wood had a good game - 3 goals and lots of touches. Is this a case of North getting rid of someone then have him start playing better elsewhere? How did he go / is he going?
Wood was given more than enough chances at North. He blew most of them. In about 12 months I doubt we will be hearing about him.

Wood was given more than enough chances at North. He blew most of them. In about 12 months I doubt we will be hearing about him.

He played exactly as he had in his better games for us - a mid sized version of a crumbing small forward. Rightly or wrongly we never wanted a player of his size to play that role in our team (based on how we refused to keep him in that role). Just IMO. He was reliable enough in that role, but never seemed capable of playing an upfield role regularly.

He played exactly as he had in his better games for us - a mid sized version of a crumbing small forward. Rightly or wrongly we never wanted a player of his size to play that role in our team (based on how we refused to keep him in that role). Just IMO. He was reliable enough in that role, but never seemed capable of playing an upfield role regularly.
His two good performances for St Kilda have been against us. He has been there for half a season and already been dropped twice. He was often too unreliable in front of the goals, nobody could deny that, and not smart enough football wise to play up the ground.

I don't need to guess who gave that one.:D

Just on this, st k won’t win a lick under that regime if that’s the culture (re: Ratts spray)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I missed the game but it looks like Mason Wood had a good game - 3 goals and lots of touches. Is this a case of North getting rid of someone then have him start playing better elsewhere? How did he go / is he going?

"Not Snake Baker"

tenor (7).gif

Merlot? Seriously? My friend you need to watch the movie Sideways, and perhaps start expanding the pallet, a McClaren Vale Shiraz single block vintage would be a good place to start. To put it another way a Merlot is your Mason Wood (sometimes accidentally good) to your Robbie Tarrant, full bodied consistently good Shiraz 😉
A Sangiovese Pizzini is a Robbie Tarrant. Mason Wood is a cask of Coolabah Dry Red.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're a very sensitive person. Perhaps internet forums aren't for you.

If you reckon bringing in Xerri and playing him in a traditional, lead up CHF role (a 4 gamer who's mainly played ruck in the VFL and developing nicely) will solve any sort of problem, or provide materially much more than Campbell, or aid his development any more than what he's currently doing in the VFL, I think you're wrong. We don't have a skilled team enough to hit up leading targets, or even bloody stationary ones at the moment.

Sorry, you didn't mention anything in your post about process, you just had a crack at someone in your other post so I had to make some assumptions that this is what you're talking about.

Are you sure he's mainly played ruck in the VFL?

My understand is hes been playing forward/ruck since joining, rotating into the ruck. Hes also played Full or half forward for his 4 games helping in the ruck?

Similar to the Campbell role I guess but certainly until a couple of months ago its been primarily forward and forward/ruck.

I reckon he would be well worth a look in there. You asre right in thast it might not add more than CAmpbell but hes a big tackler and adds more pressure in the forward line which would be helpfull.

Personally, I would have both he and Campbell, match-ups permitting, we are very small across the field.

Merlot? Seriously? My friend you need to watch the movie Sideways, and perhaps start expanding the pallet, a McClaren Vale Shiraz single block vintage would be a good place to start. To put it another way a Merlot is your Mason Wood (sometimes accidentally good) to your Robbie Tarrant, full bodied consistently good Shiraz 😉
"I'm not drinking any fuc%ing Merlot!" I love that movie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back