Autopsy Autopsy vs St Kilda - Round 11, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible for a lot of reasons.

There are positives:
- larkey and zurhaars intent. They are busting their guts and when they get decent service they are hard to beat.
- mckay - unbeatable. Sucks about the injury. Give him all the time in the world to get back 100%. Should have time to sign the contract now
- bailey Scott's job on hill
- turner as a defender
- ziebell getting forward
- watching cunnington play - that handpass and the fend off's...

some players need to be persisted with:
-There is something there with mahoney.
- Young needs to be given a set position - not doing him any favours playing him in a different position every week.

- menadue was poor today - i think he's been consistent in recent weeks.
- taylor worries me. Someone check the gym logs because i doubt he's been in there while he's been at the club. No quads - sure he had a knee injury but why does he had the arms of Olive Oyl.

Time to bring in X for Campbell i think.

Our 'structure forward of the ball' is bad because our forward line is the worst in the AFL.

Larkey is B grade at best.
We have no second tall option (Xerri wasn't ready to start the year. Will be interesting to see how he goes when he comes in).
We have no crumbing forwards.
We have no depth up forward.

This isn't a 'structure' problem. It's a personnel problem, and anyone who tries and tells you otherwise is a fool.
1 name Charlie Comben

My family didnt turn TV back on after half time, so we could enjoy meal without chocking.
Can some masochist, who watched last half tell us, did we find a game plan or have a half decent forward, in the second half?
Anyone lay a tackle? Did Larkey’s opponent get a free paid against him for infringement even twice as bad as King’s free kick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed.

Larkey is a 2nd tall. We need that #1 target. Also need a crumber or two who can apply forward pressure.
Yep. We are the last team in the league to realise the game needs about 4 smalls in the forward line that harass and create opportunities.

BMac going down is s**t. The bye now odds on to give us a touch up next week.

X not getting a game after last week is s**t player management in my eyes. He tote the door off rehung it, then ripped it off again.

Our application is woeful. Effort is a supposed non negotiable but we are lucky to see it consistently throughout a single quarter.

Would of been a hiding if Aints kicked straight. Lucky they are shiteful too.

Time to watch Wet Toast to see how a real forward line operates.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What I also see is the significant reduction in traffic on these threads, posters have disappeared, and if that is a reflection on what is happening with our supporter / member base as a result of our “rebuild” then that is of major concern.

Saints are in no mans land
Theres more, so St Kilda and Carlton stupidly went after two half backs they simply didn’t need. I think they’re ****ed. The icing on the cake was not two half backs. Im not upset about it to be honest because in 2/3 years it’ll be us and the swans fighting it out again with these *in spuds making up the numbers

First half was terrible.
Noble and Rawlings may have a good game plan and be building a talented list moving forward. But today they did NOT inspire and demand the effort required from there team to compete at AFL level. Good coaches get the best out of there teams, lets hope this develops. Without effort, we will get no where.
Second half was better.
All of our midfielders were belted.
LDU needs to find a higher intensity without the ball. Maybe a few weeks in the 2's? Maybe we need to be more patient? I cant figure him out.
Mackay, Hall, Zurharr, Garner, Tarryn Thomas were all good.
Cant wait to get Jed back for his intensity and effort. Jed's a real barometer for us. Would also love to get Tazz back to help out Mackay.
Very glad to have the bye and pick 1 in the mid season draft.

I'll say just one thing.
Not playing Xerri is a nonsense.
We got easily beaten anyway, and while Campbell has been solid he won't be on list in 18 months.
It is insane to not reward Xerri for his form and help advance his development, while pumping more games into a VFL ruckman.
We would have lost anyway, but we might have advanced Xerri's future.
Short sighted and disappointing.
Good call and number 31 and Mahoney have to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back