Autopsy Autopsy vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Was on a very long one day Darwin-Kakadu-Darwin coach trip that day.

Coach pulled up in some little town for a pot 'n parma (or whatever the local vernacular was).

To my pleasant surprise an outside monitor had the game on as I walked in to order and pitstop - we were about 35 points up fairly late in the game. Looked forward to sitting down for a relaxing feed and drink to enjoy the last triumphant stanza with the pressure of a possible loss lifted.

The absolute horror that followed..

The last leg of that tour took in some beautiful sights and stops as the NT sun set. I took none of them in thanks to the livid filthy mood that now enveloped me.

I laugh because I know the pain. Is there a better club at destroying what should be a relaxing last quarter?

I laugh because I know the pain. Is there a better club at destroying what should be a relaxing last quarter?

Just like nature, the North Melbourne football club has patterns that work at micro and macro level.

Within games - build a big lead then limply watch the opposition waltz back over the top of us.

Within seasons - win the 1st 9 games of the season then barely fire a shot for the rest of the season.

Within careers - watch the next big thing emerge, excite us all, panic us before signing a lengthy new contract only to then watch their career collapse in a pool of dust.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back