Autopsy Autopsy vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL loves a feel good story and the umps nearly delivered by gifting King two suspect frees right in front

I said ALL off season that with St Kilda $12m in debt they AFL would do their best to make them the Bulldogs 2016/Brisbane 2019 team.

Got a good insight into Shaw’s actual game plan in the 2nd half. Tough,
Uncompromising it really relies on us having the footy and slowing the opposition transition.
It is completely opposite to what we were doing 1st half of 2019. Instead of relying on the opposition to spud up the kick down the line hoping we get it back on the wing, we actually push them to the outside pockets making them rush the kick, get numbers to the loose footy and hit someone loose inside 50. It requires more effort, but it completely dismantles opposition momentum. Pressure defensively has obviously been the focus for Shaw since there was zero of it 1st half last year.

RS: I just want to make sure we acknowledge everyone that is doing it is tough. The worlds has changed, Australia has changed. We just need need band together.
RS: We showed a lot of grunt, I was very proud. Our coaching staff and SS guys were fantastic in getting the guys ready to finish the game.
RS: Our kids really stood up. You look at guys like Tarryn, Jy and Curtis, they all gave us a lift.
RS: Cunners showed what a superstar he is. He went forward out of necessity, but he had a great second half after a down first half.
RS: St Kilda were exception early, their pressure numbers were off the scale. We knew we would get an opportunity.
RS: I was very worried about Josh (Walker). I had a chat to him before, he sounds ok, but we won’t take any risks at all with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't it amazing what the defenders can do when faced with only 1 direct opponent due to others further up the field applying pressure?
He was very vocal also, one of the benefits of no crowd is these things being highlighted

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back