Autopsy Autopsy vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What a ******* win.

Curtis was even better on rewatch. His speed of decision making and execution was nuts for a 3rd gamer. Also 2 great tackles for holding the ball in the last quarter was huge. Rhyce’s preseason meeting with him telling him to find another level is looking like his first masterstroke.

Jy. Goodness. He had higher possession games last year but this was the best of his career so far for mine. Played like a leader. Used the ball so ******* well. Composed in key moments. Combines so well with Cunners too.

Cunners played like what we expect from him every week at this point in his career. Absolutely loved him going forward, with greater midfield depth this needs to happen regularly now. He can be so dangerous down there and is as reliable from a set shot as anyone in the team.

Goldy may just be peaking. Not as dominant a tap ruckman as his 2015 days but his work around the ground as an extra mid has gone up a level. A couple of times today his use by hand in close was exceptional.

I could go on and on. Froggy deserves mention for his first half. Was our cleanest player and helped keep us alive in the match. Jed’s game went under the radar a bit. Was maniacal in some of those big packs and helped turn the tide in the 3rd. Polec doesn’t get enough credit, so good at creating time and space for himself to find a target. The undermanned backline gutsed it out valiantly. Genuinely everyone lifted in that second half and it was a joy to watch.

If it was our only game for 2020 I’ll take it.

LOL at the bedwetting on here about Fat Brad prior to the game like he was some sort of Boogeyman.... completely went missing in the 2nd half
He does that. It was obvious in that SoO bushfire appeal match.

I just realized I personally know the umpire who paid the last two decisions in their forward line. I will have a conversation.

The character of the side was amazing

Lost for words

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can't think of one of their key forwards who had an influence. King was useless apart from 2 gifts and Membrey was average. Considering we lost Walker early in the game which left us short (in height), I thought Pittard and JMac were fantastic today in covering that loss.

Iv said it a few times now, but I can’t see st kilda playing finals with that forward line. I just can’t fathom that they would bring in guys like Hill, Hanners, Jones, etc to make a tilt, but then rely on a kid who has never played to be their number one forward.
Giving up Bruce for mid second rounder is going to bite them.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Can't think of one of their key forwards who had an influence. King was useless apart from 2 gifts and Membrey was average. Considering we lost Walker early in the game which left us short (in height), I thought Pittard and JMac were fantastic today in covering that loss.
Agree and LMac kept Jack Lonie invisible.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both were out marked by bigger blokes over the day but they didn’t get dominated due to lack of quality supply

a smarter team would have exploited them

King got absolutely trounced and was gifted a couple. He isn’t ready to be a number one forward.
Membrey is a 3rd tall type, but as the season goes on (if it does), he will end up being their focal point up forward. That’s not ideal for them.

St kilda have mangled their rebuild massively in my opinion.

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Simpkin
Larkey
Zurhaar
Thomas
Taylor
LDU

That is the 6 that will lead us to number 5. I count 5 genuine future A-Graders there.

Thrown in Comben, Xerri, Perez, Scott, Walker, Hayden, and the 2x R1 this year and we might finally be on track.

As for today’s game...

Well done to the back 6, Jamie excellent, Luke excellent.

And I didn’t mind some of Tom Murphy’s work.

Agree and LMac kept Jack Lonie invisible.
LMac cops an unfair amount of criticism. He is very solid across half back. Courageous and a good defender and his kicking is improving. People will be eating their words about Luke.

Simpkin
Larkey
Zurhaar
Thomas
Taylor
LDU

That is the 6 that will lead us to number 5. I count 5 genuine future A-Graders there.

Thrown in Comben, Xerri, Perez, Scott, Walker, Hayden, and the 2x R1 this year and we might finally be on track.

As for today’s game...

Well done to the back 6, Jamie excellent, Luke excellent.

And I didn’t mind some of Tom Murphy’s work.
Tom was jittery in the first quarter but worked into the game from the second quarter. Would have benefited a lot from that game. Has a good set a wheels and is a great kick. That inside 50 to Larkey was weighted beautifully. He needs to become stronger when defending and spoiling but if he gets continuity he could be a creative HBF with the tools he has

What I liked about his games was the little things he was doing like smothering, shepherding, knock ons and pressure. That's a good sign.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Scamper will have things to say in the morning.
Coach Scamper, My Little Geelong Cat:
17219.jpeg

Meows the Following:

WesternRoo

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2007
Wattleup Stadium
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Club Oz Cougars
I know he got injured and is underdone , but I reckon Ziebell is cooked.
We looked a better side once he went off.
We have Brown and Larkey as our talks, Zurhaar as the third and Taylor as the tall flanker, Ziebell’s role should go to a fast/smart crumber.
There is 2 spots for Zurhaar, Ziebell, Garner, Taylor and i would currently have Ziebell 4th in that list .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, they've just been influenced by the girls is all.

Apparently right down to the whole 'showing some heart on field' thing.

Fantastic, gutsy, backs-to-the-wall win. Great way to start the season and a fine way to cap off the season, too.

Second Shinboner-esque victory for the club this weekend. Can't ask for much more than that as we wander off into the footy-less void.

Sunday 22nd March, 2020 - the Day The Footy Died.

(Hopefully somewhere out there Mike Brady is penning an American Pie-esque song about this moment. Lest we forget.)

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
wow, what a fight back, simpkin, taylor and jed very good, forward pressure was amazing. jasper some awesome stuff down back.
Just to add - Hall did some really key things in Q3. Tackled, pressured and kicked a big goal to keep momentum going. Not a big game, but for his first back, looks to be building nicely. The two bolded only happen when he's engaged - so good signs early!

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Iv said it a few times now, but I can’t see st kilda playing finals with that forward line. I just can’t fathom that they would bring in guys like Hill, Hanners, Jones, etc to make a tilt, but then rely on a kid who has never played to be their number one forward.

I thought the same about Bruce, but it was some time in the third quarter on Friday night before I realised he was playing for Western. Either way, the hype/pressure/workload on King is ludicrous. A defender of Taz’s quality (or somewhere near) every game, starting with his first.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

Good

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
LOL at the bedwetting on here about Fat Brad prior to the game like he was some sort of Boogeyman.... completely went missing in the 2nd half
It was amusing. Did he touch it in the 2nd half? For a so called elite runner, he looks about 5kgs overweight.

I was waiting for the second coming of Peter Matera to tear us up. It was more like Wally Matera.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Apparently right down to the whole 'showing some heart on field' thing.

Fantastic, gutsy, backs-to-the-wall win. Great way to start the season and a fine way to cap off the season, too.

Second Shinboner-esque victory for the club this weekend. Can't ask for much more than that as we wander off into the footy-less void.

Sunday 22nd March, 2020 - the Day The Footy Died.

(Hopefully somewhere out there Mike Brady is penning an American Pie-esque song about this moment. Lest we forget.)

Let’s not give up yet. There may yet be footy later in the year.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I just got my 2020 AFLW membership in the mail on Friday and I have no idea where my men's membership is. I think the club needs to have a pretty hard look at the membership department and their ability to get memberships to people who buy them well before the season starts.
I agree Tas. We haven’t received our memberships yet. Should the season have gone ahead normally on the weekend I’m not sure how we would’ve attended. The process needs work.

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
King got absolutely trounced and was gifted a couple. He isn’t ready to be a number one forward.
Membrey is a 3rd tall type, but as the season goes on (if it does), he will end up being their focal point up forward. That’s not ideal for them.

St kilda have mangled their rebuild massively in my opinion.

The Crazy Vossy rebuild had more credibility to it.

St Kilda's shiny new toy philosophy is coming from a 14th placed 2019 finish and they got rid of some fair players to do it.

Why are the media so on board with it? Do they like Butler's crap hairstyle that much?

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
LMac cops an unfair amount of criticism. He is very solid across half back. Courageous and a good defender and his kicking is improving. People will be eating their words about Luke.
He was excellent yesterday

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back