Autopsy Autopsy vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a bit disappointed at the lack of developmental progress shown by the 50+ players who have been around for a while. From what we have seen the first couple of rounds which players does anything think is playing a better standard of footy than last year or a previous best?

I don't think I have ever seen so many players out of form/out of touch at the same time since Brad's comatose starts to the year, we won the spoon last year, you would think some people would want to start the year off with some intensity.

Larkey has been good so far... especially given the delivery to him. Anyone else?

I'll have to finish the replay. I thought Greenwood was great on the weekend but watching on the screen his physicality and intensity is much more noticeable than from the stands.

Last edited:

Very surprised to read that I’m apparently on my Pat Malone in thinking that Curtis Taylor was pretty awful. Thought he was pretty vanilla until late in the game when I was sure I noticed him lose a couple of crucial one on ones in the clutch - maybe I have him confused with someone else?

Very surprised to read that I’m apparently on my Pat Malone in thinking that Curtis Taylor was pretty awful. Thought he was pretty vanilla until late in the game when I was sure I noticed him lose a couple of crucial one on ones in the clutch - maybe I have him confused with someone else?
I think he's going pretty well to be honest. He's at least 2 pre seasons off where he needs to be and not playing a role that will get much attention. Link up player with neat skills - can build around him in a 22 but there is still a question mark on his physical development. I think he needs to improve that over the next 12-18 months to move beyond a depth player in the squad.

I think a lot of people have been put off by him biting off kicks into the middle and turning it over, but the reality is that he is a solid kick and is starting to stick them. It opens the game up and more often than not results in us getting to scoring positions.

Much better than the trademark take a mark, dawdle back, wait for everyone to flock back into defence and then kick it long to a contest.

I think a lot of people have been put off by him biting off kicks into the middle and turning it over, but the reality is that he is a solid kick and is starting to stick them. It opens the game up and more often than not results in us getting to scoring positions.

Much better than the trademark take a mark, dawdle back, wait for everyone to flock back into defence and then kick it long to a contest.
He is bold with his kicking, and I don’t necessarily hate it. We could definitely do with some more creative and competent at ball users. Just reckoned some of his one on one efforts were unimpressive, but I’m really wondering now whether I’ve confused him with someone else as his game was very well received by others on here.

Anyway, he seems fairly entrenched in the 22, so I’ll be barracking for him all the same next week - hope he proves me wrong.

He is bold with his kicking, and I don’t necessarily hate it. We could definitely do with some more creative and competent at ball users. Just reckoned some of his one on one efforts were unimpressive, but I’m really wondering now whether I’ve confused him with someone else as his game was very well received by others on here.

Anyway, he seems fairly entrenched in the 22, so I’ll be barracking for him all the same next week - hope he proves me wrong.
he goes hard, he's just not very strong.

CT started some centre bounces as well. I reckon he’s tracking well, hard to think of a comparison for him tho? Who should he be aiming to be like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't pretty, we certainly have a lot of work to do with our forwards and we did play against a team that had 6 WAFL ring ins. But it's a win none the less and hopefully a bit of a shot in the arm for the confidence of the team.

As somebody said in a previous post, we are indeed better than where we were at this time last year. Last week we lost by less than four goals, and this week we got a win. We can't forget how bad it was last year watching the team get flogged senseless in the second half for the first several rounds as we seemingly ran out of legs.
NMFC, “Hold my beer!”

FWIW, Adam Simpson made a point of saying Declan Mountford was given a job to run with Simpkin all day.

Part of Jy's learning and increased responsibilities will be to have someone tag him and still manage to influence the game.
It's not quite a new phenomenon, all midfielders go through it.

Walker is solid, more than solid as a straight up simple KP stopper. The issue is that he stands next to JZ & Turner and that's too much slow with poor disposal (to be fair JZ has reasonable skill with the play in front of him but his body is battered and he's not a defender). We have too many of the same types, people are all over Hall at times but our entire plan to exit seems to rely on him - it is an impossible job for him as every team and opponent knows what we're going to do before we do it. It's not sustainable and it is way too predictable. We need to get some skill and attack in there by end of the year.
We agree on pretty much everything, but the last issue about skill and attack, they are trying to do that, I don't think they are oblivious to it but it's just time and patience.

We agree on pretty much everything, but the last issue about skill and attack, they are trying to do that, I don't think they are oblivious to it but it's just time and patience.
Absolutely. I'm under no illusions that it will take time, even if the players are on the list they need 30-40 games to really start to develop. One piece at a time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back