Autopsy Autopsy vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Radelaide newspapers can confuse JHF and Miles Bergman, how can you possibly expect a professional AFL umpire who's probably on first name aquaintence with 90% of players in the league to pick Goater and Miles Bergman apart. They are nearly identical. They'd have to put bloody huge big bold face numbers on their backs to tell the buggers apart.
Miles Bergman looks a bit like Miller and Goater too.

FootySmartSimpson

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I honestly believe Stephenson’s best position is on ball. From same yr as LDU would complement each other as really different types
He is an above average kick and handball. But he has elite vision and evasiveness. He can dance in a phonebooth like LDU, he just lacks Luke's sheer power.

Mid or wing for mine, sweeping back to be an outlet across HB. To play HF, you need strings to your bow to ensure you are remaining in the game. I don't know JS has these unfortunately.

Last edited:

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He is an above average kick and handball. But he has elite vision and evasiveness. He can dance in a phonebooth like LDU, he just lacks Luke's sheer power.

Mid or wing for mine, sweeping back to be an outlet across HF. To play HF, you need strings to your bow to ensure you are remaining in the game. I don't know JS has these unfortunately.

He is 100% an inside mid. Atley was as well but sometimes players are just unlucky to only play in their non-preferred position.

To think Luffy rated Stephenson at 1 in the 2017 draft.
He certainly has ability it’s his off field and professionalism that maybe needs to be worked on. Hopefully it improves as he matures.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So should have had a slightly more comfortable win if we made the most of our shots.

Doesnt really look very accurate for our game, west coast missed a lot they shoulda got as well. Allens soccer, darling, gaff and at least another.

He certainly has ability it’s his off field and professionalism that maybe needs to be worked on. Hopefully it improves as he matures.
Honestly thought he started fine, laid a couple of big tackles and made good position (unrewarded a few times). I'm not as down on him as others after this particular game, but also won't be upset if the coaching team rate another player to take the spot.

Stephenson needs work with a sports psychologist. I reckon we'd be a pretty s**t club if we couldn't turn him around. I still hold a lot of optimism, you don't lose talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chubbspeterson

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Stephenson needs work with a sports psychologist. I reckon we'd be a pretty s**t club if we couldn't turn him around. I still hold a lot of optimism, you don't lose talent.
I might be in the minority but I think Stevo looks more invested this pre-season. Seems to be tackling more to my eyes.
Sure he's not at the level he was at the Pies but I can see it turning, he just needs a game where he kicks 3 or 4 goals.

Dec 31, 2015
Santiago, Chile
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I might be in the minority but I think Stevo looks more invested this pre-season. Seems to be tackling more to my eyes.
Sure he's not at the level he was at the Pies but I can see it turning, he just needs a game where he kicks 3 or 4 goals.
I agree, it is just little moments. The difference will be winning a few key contests and having a really good game. It isn't that far away.

His movement and effort is improved, the rest should come.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Coach Emeritus Scamper
the-scamper-jpg.1633475

and
Coach Sissy Rose:
IMG_1117.jpg

both sing the following:

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If the Radelaide newspapers can confuse JHF and Miles Bergman, how can you possibly expect a professional AFL umpire who's probably on first name aquaintence with 90% of players in the league to pick Goater and Miles Bergman apart. They are nearly identical. They'd have to put bloody huge big bold face numbers on their backs to tell the buggers apart.

Miles is a jet and looks to have developed massively over the summer. Was rumoured to be one of the ones looking at potentially wanting a return to Melbourne also.

He really should have been one we stuck our heels in over.

But we wouldn't have been able to get Wardlaw and Sheezel in that scenario.

joegreen

All Australian
Mar 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So I jump on Foxtel On Demand to take a look at a few things about out game... There's 8 games listed from Round-1... Care to guess which is NOT there!? WTF.

Yes, came across the same issue. Good news is, it is there. I scrolled back to the live game entry, 1.45 Saturday and clicked there. (in the TV guide section). The option to Stream then appeared. Hopefully you can still scroll back that far, this was Sunday night.

Hopefully they sort it soon though.

Jan 26, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Southampton, San Antonio, Buffalo
Yes, came across the same issue. Good news is, it is there. I scrolled back to the live game entry, 1.45 Saturday and clicked there. (in the TV guide section). The option to Stream then appeared. Hopefully you can still scroll back that far, this was Sunday night.

I think you can only go back to the previous day on the 'TV Guide' unfortunately.

I actually recorded it as well, but now my IQ5 hard drive is playing up... So they're really trying to get me to cut the cord!

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone know where I can find the west coast pressure factor stat, and other teams aswell?

We should see if we can get him to move over this year. No doubt all the Port supporters will graciously accept that it's fair enough if his heart just isn't in Adelaide...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back