Autopsy Autopsy vs Western Bulldogs - Rd 3, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayne Turner.

Leadership group.

Says plenty on where we are at

How did we get here?

A bottom-out rebuild is one thing that I think we can all accept, even though it is a bitter pill to swallow.

But this is so much worse than a simple bottom-out.

We are looking as bad, or worse, than Gold Coast did in their first season which is inexcusable when you consider the extremely low floor the Suns were starting from.

I dont blame Noble (yet...) because the playing list he has been handed is atrocious.

Walker, Mahoney, Polec, Hayden... I genuinely think none of these guys would crack the 22 of any other AFL team.

Young guys like Larkey, Zurhaar, Simpkin and Scott look totally bereft of confidence.

Veterans like Ziebell, Atley and Jed Anderson look lost.

Its such a dire situation that the only saving grace has been glimpses from Powell, LDU and Tarryn Thomas. But unfortunately thosr glimpses havent led to goals because we have perhaps the worst forward line ive ever seen in the AFL.

I dont know what to say. The list managers who have been in charge the past few years have done a massive disservice to this club and it's supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perennial issues persist; players getting sucked in leaving the opposition free for easy outlet, no pressure on inside 50s, players going to ground easily, having three go up and no one at the fall of the ball, poor skills etc.

no. cull should be entirely this year. Polec, Hall, Atley, Hayden just for starters. Finally killed off the Shinboner Spirit, if it ever was real beyond the 1970s.

We'll lose by 300 points then.

How did we get here?

A bottom-out rebuild is one thing that I think we can all accept, even though it is a bitter pill to swallow.

But this is so much worse than a simple bottom-out.

We are looking as bad, or worse, than Gold Coast did in their first season which is inexcusable when you consider the extremely low floor the Suns were starting from.

I dont blame Noble (yet...) because the playing list he has been handed is atrocious.

Walker, Mahoney, Polec, Hayden... I genuinely think none of these guys would crack the 22 of any other AFL team.

Young guys like Larkey, Zurhaar, Simpkin and Scott look totally bereft of confidence.

Veterans like Ziebell, Atley and Jed Anderson look lost.

Its such a dire situation that the only saving grace has been glimpses from Powell, LDU and Tarryn Thomas. But unfortunately thosr glimpses havent led to goals because we have perhaps the worst forward line ive ever seen in the AFL.

I dont know what to say. The list managers who have been in charge the past few years have done a massive disservice to this club and it's supporters.

Anderson absolutely smashed the Bont. He was dominating before getting injured

Zeebs was great down back.

I don’t even notice Atley because he has zero impact on the game. It’s poor

This is as close to a Brad Scott era performance as you can get thus far under Noble.

Young blokes in no man's land

JZ left to carry us

Goldy left to do it all

Senior players letting us down

Its exactly the s**t we saw 10 and 5 years ago.

The difference? We are going to fix those issues and not neglect them. The cracks became holes and then the building came crashing down. We didn't make the ruthless decisions when we needed to.

This is a rebuild that should've taken place 5 years ago. 5!

Copy+paste from GDT but

I get this hurts, but floundering mid table for 20 years is for the tip.

Doesn't help either starting the year with your best mid and backman out either.

Not excusing the effort so far this season, but our ball use has been neglected for so long, and that's what opened the floodgates.

Need to keep turning over the list while getting in mature players that can actually execute to support them.

More guys like Stepho and less like Tyson and we'll be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back