Autopsy Autopsy vs Western Bulldogs - Rd 3, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth throwing McKay forward? I would imagine Walker has the best attributes to take the Texan and will likely get smashed anyway. Worst case McKay doesn’t get near it and you move him back. Why not try something? Those twins have such incredible athletic attributes for players of their size.
Walker and McKay are our only two available kpd’s atm. McKay is Tarrant’s heir apparent and we shouldn’t be messing with his development.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Worth throwing McKay forward? I would imagine Walker has the best attributes to take the Texan and will likely get smashed anyway. Worst case McKay doesn’t get near it and you move him back. Why not try something? Those twins have such incredible athletic attributes for players of their size.

We'd just be too exposed down there in that scenario unfortunately. If Tarrant and Corr were playing we could flirt with the idea of trying Ben forward.

Sep 4, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Simon Prestigiacomo, Liverpool
Walker and McKay are our only two available kpd’s atm. McKay is Tarrant’s heir apparent and we shouldn’t be messing with his development.
We'd just be too exposed down there in that scenario unfortunately. If Tarrant and Corr were playing we could flirt with the idea of trying Ben forward.
Yeah, good points fellas. He played well considering the silver service coming in over the weekend. I think he’s a bit of a whipping boy by casual fans who assume he played on Bruce. Far as I can tell Walker is awfully average and got exposed playing on a taller, stronger and faster opponent whilst McKay did a handy job on Naughton. I think McKay might’ve been on Bruce for literally one of his ten?

Also fellas, as a Carlton supporter I feel your pain. At the very least you have some reasonable young stocks. You were competitive from the mid 90’s until about a year or so ago. Pretty good tilt for a “small” club. People have very short memories.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Ahhhhh......... the good old days....( sigh )

Don't do this.

Saints won the Preseason Cup (back when it meant something) and were the toast of the town.

Round 1 we did them by 5 goals.

Round 2 we played dogs who'd been finalists the year before and did them by (spoiler margin).

Round 3 was a comedown and we couldn't match the dizzying heights of the week before. Only beat Hawthorn by 73 points.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah, good points fellas. He played well considering the silver service coming in over the weekend. I think he’s a bit of a whipping boy by casual fans who assume he played on Bruce. Far as I can tell Walker is awfully average and got exposed playing on a taller, stronger and faster opponent whilst McKay did a handy job on Naughton. I think McKay might’ve been on Bruce for literally one of his ten?

Also fellas, as a Carlton supporter I feel your pain. At the very least you have some reasonable young stocks. You were competitive from the mid 90’s until about a year or so ago. Pretty good tilt for a “small” club. People have very short memories.

Then, can we please have Harry ?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
DB7E4BD3-68DF-40CB-88A3-51BA0233ECCA.jpeg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The 1998 AFL GF was the low point with nothing else coming close.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

94 Prelim was harder to take for me. We had not been to the last week when I was old enough to know before and we were so close. A bloody kick after the siren. We may not have beaten the Eagles but I am sure we would've given them a much tougher challenge than the Cats did.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
94 Prelim was harder to take for me. We had not been to the last week when I was old enough to know before and we were so close. A bloody kick after the siren. We may not have beaten the Eagles but I am sure we would've given them a much tougher challenge than the Cats did.

You'll enjoy this then....... : (

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Had a bit of a laugh today.. an 11 year old autistic boy who I worked with today an avid footy follower and Tigers fan was having a good chat with me about footy. He told me he hates that guy who kicked 10 against us.. “Josh Bruce “ I said. “Yeah he’s hopeless; he doesn’t even know how to kick 11 goals” “Jack Riewolt has kicked 11” he said. God I laughed..
He proceeded to tell me that North Melbourne is hopeless and the AFL want to get rid of them. Couldn’t disagree with the kid to be honest lol. 😂
Other topics of conversation were his dislike for Danderfield as he knocked out 2 people on purpose . Again I agreed with kid there. And Stephenson getting thrown out by the “horrible”pies “ without his consent.
Lighthearted, innocent fun 🤣

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Yeh this was bad and I lived through the 70’s
It was the most sickening walk around Brunton Ave. I don’t think I spoke for 2 hours
The other one was a second half comprehensive disaster that unfolded

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
That would be a disgrace if that was happening.

But it isn't. I've read nothing other than fair comment on what he needs to improve on.
No I disagree.

I think Mahony has been shithouse. Tz is right as he hasn't shown much at all to be excited about. Powell has already, as has Lazarro

Doesn't mean he won't become a player in time as young etc, but he should not be playing AFL footy at the moment.

Hilarious. If it wasn’t also horrible.

Setting aside that I have a personal interest in Jack, he is a long way from the top of our list of problems, and no-one of his age and experience should be made a whipping boy. The number of games he played last year and this year indicate people who watch him on and off field all the time see enough to believe he belongs in the senior team.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Free kicks 32 - 12 ?

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep. The Mahony is slow narrative is one of the most overblown myths on this board. He would be quicker than plenty of the best 22 players.

And that makes him fast?

he is fast for North, that does not make him fast FFS.

Pickett is fast, Papley is fast, Cameron is fast, Mahony is not fast.
I’m not writing him off, I just think it’s a typical North selection of selecting someone with deficiencies he’s unlikely to ever get over.

Most rigged game, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back