Not open for further replies.

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
I’m not sure why precious supporters like yourself get so upset at others giving opinions after a 128pt roll over performance

Because you're not "giving opinions" you're just sulking and throwing all of your toys out of the cot.

They did show more than LDU and TT have shown in their careers to date and also did by showing a heap
Take your silly blue and white goggles off

Again, all you are doing is making a claim without any sort of proof or examples whatsoever because you are annoyed at the club and want to join in the pile on.
I just had a look at some of your recent posts and every single one of them is a negative comment about either the club or our young players.

Here are some of your latest contributions, how many of them are constructive in any way?

They had their ruck out, best key defender, one of best mid and a host of others The kids showed a heap and they won by 10 goals We played same team in pre season at Arden st, used the excuse had same lot of seniors out like they did and were pasted by 90
We’ve had a lot of vanilla players on the list the last 20 years relative to the comp, and a lot of our draftees appear to be cut from same cloth
Having Kossie Pickett rip it up only emphasises the point
Serong wins a rising star, Logan McDonald is bound to kick a bag in a game in first year
Nearly everything about this club we love from a list, drafting and development point of view is a debacle
Agree Mahoney cops more than his fair share, but there is a frustration amongst fans that while we are at rock bottom and rebuilding we have an enormous amount of young and small players
Mahoney, lazzaro, Phillips, Hayden, scott
Meanwhile I saw glimpses of the * v saints game and * had 3 new draftees with genuine wow factor who impacted the game
One was 200cm, kicked beautifully both sides and was quick
Throw in that TT and LDU are 3 and 4 years in and the 3 * players showed more in one game than they have in their career to date makes me believe there is something stinky about drafting and development at Arden St
It makes me wonder that the our kids are actually closer to 18th best along with the more seasoned Roos who are also 18th in comp
Powell aside, I see a lot more wow factor in other teams young players
I finish this by saying I hope this looks a silly post in a few years and all our kids are dominating and wowing us all
Well said! Made me LOL
:whitecheck: Oh hey look a positive comment! Let's see what it was in response to... Oh it was a comment calling our players s**t.
Not so sure about that talent, all relative Bombers, swans, crows talent shows a million x more than ours And they don’t take 50 games to show a glimpse or two, they are the reason the teams have improved
S Seriously, stink it up by record margin and worried about this f*n deserve everything we cop until we show something.. anything
We do love drafting slow one paced undersized players Like many in the year 2-5 year on list players I expected Bailey to be more progressed than he is LDU and TT the same Development at Arden street is woeful
Well said. u also can’t keep blaming previous footy staff for all of today’s problems I’m sorry but Kayne turner 2 year extension and leadership group McDonald 5 year contract on one good season Trade Brown, don’t draft a tall
It’s frightening how terrible this list is, I fear for our future
We don’t have any young fwds or defenders of any note
The game has become quick and skilful, our midfield is slow and small
No emerging ruck
The first round draft picks of recent years are stagnating (TT, LDU, simpkin) like most of our draftees over 20 years
Cancers are hard to shake Weak minds are hard to shake at north Get it yet?
Would be a bigger call to say it isnt Worst fwd line I’ve ever seen Small fwds embarassing Small and mid defenders no silk or class Youth overated for mine There is a mentally weak cancer in club
They are young, but not guns So depressing
What are those strengths?
Bit of a worry if we relying on LDU and TT to take us up the ladder

So what's that, 1 out 14 posts that isn't talking s**t about our list?

At the moment Sydney, Adelaide & * all have a fit and healthy senior core of midfielders and experienced players through their spine. Currently we don't, and it's not fair to expect a bunch of kids to be able to do all of the heavy lifting. If you honestly can't see how that makes a difference then I think you are going to be in for a long and miserable year.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The problem is you don't have to shitcan one of our players to show you're "concerned" (but not worri^). You can pump up Lazarro and Powell's tyres without putting down Mahoney.

It's way too early for big calls on any of them in my view, but if you're going to be hyperbolic I'd rather it was on the positive side.
This^

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Because you're not "giving opinions" you're just sulking and throwing all of your toys out of the cot.

Again, all you are doing is making a claim without any sort of proof or examples whatsoever because you are annoyed at the club and want to join in the pile on.
I just had a look at some of your recent posts and every single one of them is a negative comment about either the club or our young players.

Here are some of your latest contributions, how many of them are constructive in any way?

:whitecheck: Oh hey look a positive comment! Let's see what it was in response to... Oh it was a comment calling our players sh*t.

So what's that, 1 out 14 posts that isn't talking sh*t about our list?

At the moment Sydney, Adelaide & * all have a fit and healthy senior core of midfielders and experienced players through their spine. Currently we don't, and it's not fair to expect a bunch of kids to be able to do all of the heavy lifting. If you honestly can't see how that makes a difference then I think you are going to be in for a long and miserable year.

Love a good multi-post basting.

Well played.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What am I claiming to be right about...?

Well it's one thing to disagree, another to say someone is wrong like "sulking and throwing toys out of the cot".

It's unnecessary and ruined your post, as you are belittling the poster for their views. Just explain why you disagree, don't get personal.

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
Well it's one thing to disagree, another to say someone is wrong like "sulking and throwing toys out of the cot".

It's unnecessary and ruined your post, as you are belittling the poster for their views. Just explain why you disagree, don't get personal.

Well as I explained with the rest of my post he is offering absolutely nothing constructive whatsoever, constantly talking down our club (comparing our clubs current struggles to a 'cancer' ffs), belittling our players and making ridiculous emotive claims based on nothing but his own angst towards the club. We are in for a tough year and it's tiresome enough hearing outside voices talk our club down constantly, let alone our own 'supporters' doing it too.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well as I explained with the rest of my post he is offering absolutely nothing constructive whatsoever, constantly talking down our club (comparing our clubs current struggles to a 'cancer' ffs), belittling our players and making ridiculous emotive claims based on nothing but his own angst towards the club. We are in for a tough year and it's tiresome enough hearing outside voices talk our club down constantly, let alone our own 'supporters' doing it too.

Look I get it but it doesn't mean other supporters share your same view. They are entitled to it.

So again, disagree vehemently if you choose I just don't think the putting down is necessary.

FWIW I really enjoy your posting.

Cheers.

rm3504

All Australian
May 13, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Love a good multi-post basting.

Well played.
Ok then precious
Start a thread where all the supporters that get upset about negative comments about our current plight can talk up how great things will be in the future.
And get off your high horse about analysis
You trotted out some lazy possession stats which somehow was to u a conclusion that you had defeated my opinion
Anyway when I next see a good kick or handball I’ll make sure I boost the positive posts, cos supporters like u will be keeping stats

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
Ok then precious
Start a thread where all the supporters that get upset about negative comments about our current plight can talk up how great things will be in the future.
And get off your high horse about analysis
You trotted out some lazy possession stats which somehow was to u a conclusion that you had defeated my opinion
Anyway when I next see a good kick or handball I’ll make sure I boost the positive posts, cos supporters like u will be keeping stats

Yeah okay chicken little.
I also quoted tackle counts, clearance counts, goals and metres gained as well as highlighting the massive disparity in possession counts between both teams, while you have done absolutely nothing to back up your opinion. Now why don't you go run along to the * board, I'm sure they would love to have you.

Gbonl

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sorry for bumping this thread and wounds are still raw, but I think this is worthy of discussion.

North have fought to play on this day for many years and the first few results were close games but the last 2 have been thrashings.

Let’s talk about Good Friday, Jesus Christ tortured and died on a cross, that might seem irrelevant to many, but to Christians it is a day of thanks and reflection.

Personally I won’t go to the game as it is a quiet family day.

The appeal is a worthy cause and I’m sure the Children’s Hospital has impacted most of us in some way.

But let’s not ignore what Good Friday is about, the bloody death of Jesus, who started time again on Earth and will start time again for those who reach out to him.

You could argue he is the greatest person to ever live.

In our club song ‘we shout God bless our native land’ fires me up every time I hear it.

The point I’m getting at is how can we acknowledge Jesus Christ on Good Friday as a club and group?

Like the story of the talents(money) if we don’t acknowledge and use this day wisely it will be taken off us.

It seems every week some cause is promoted surely Good Friday can be about Jesus and all He has done for us.

My family and I might even go if the day put Jesus first, could be like Anzac Day but with a slice of Heaven.

Please what are people’s thoughts on this.

Gbonl

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My thoughts are that you entitled to believe what you want to believe, but many of us don't buy into the Jesus Christ story and shouldn't be restricted by it.

Thanks for your feedback.

Couple more questions
Good Friday is only one day, so how is acknowledging what Good Friday Is founded on restrictive?

Why does the club have God in its song if it won’t acknowledge His son?

In all honesty if someone is religious that's fine for them to do their religious stuff.

If the club tried to make a game of football about religion I see no way that ends without offending more people than would be worth doing it for.

It would annoy Christian people by being too football and it would annoy non Christian people by being too religious.

Gbonl

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In all honesty if someone is religious that's fine for them to do their religious stuff.

If the club tried to make a game of football about religion I see no way that ends without offending more people than would be worth doing it for.

It would annoy Christian people by being too football and it would annoy non Christian people by being too religious.

Yes but religion is what nailed Jesus on the cross.

He was against the Pharisees and religious orders of the day.
Australia is founded on Judeo-Christian values.

Most AFL rounds there is a cause attached to the game, why wouldn’t Good Friday acknowledge Jesus hanging on a cross?

So far we have:

1. Restrictive
2. Day off
3. Religion

Thanks please keep them coming.

Gbonl

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We play on Good Friday to raise money for a hospital that takes care of sick kids. Sick kids suffering from diseases that God and Jesus could wipe out with the click of a finger.

Is an amazing cause, we are so blessed to have this Hospital.
Spent 8 weeks there with my son in his first year as he was born with Trisomy21 or Down’s Syndrome.
So are you saying he is a mistake?
He has taught me more about myself than any other person. He is a mirror to people.

So let’s break down what your saying.

Here we have Good Friday, established to remember God and Jesus’s love for the world, but no one acknowledges them, they are not invited. so how can they heal with a click of a finger when no one is asking them.

Most of our laws are founded on consent, if you don’t have someone’s consent you can be charged, Most of our laws come from Judeo-Christian background. Study them to see how Heaven works.

God made us in His image and put us in charge of Earth, if we don’t give him our permission, He can’t help us.
That is how great our God is, he will only act when asked out of respect for us.

‘You do not have because you do not ask’

Then there is the Fall, when we fell for the snake, wanted to know it all and there are consequences with that.
You go over the speed limit or any other broken law there are consequences, which can result in prison for the term of your life.

Likewise if you worship an idol this can result in your spirit being imprisoned under that idol. These different idols have different punishments, that can result in many different ailments/ diseases that as God is a righteous God can be passed for 3 - 4 generations, it’s all in the Bible.

God turns all things to good, my son turned my world upside down and I have come out the other side.
And if you don’t believe there is spirit what was that in the 3rd quarter on Sunday, Shinboner Spirit, but let’s not make that an idol.

Thanks for your feedback.

4. Raise money for Good Friday Appeal.

Good Friday changes every year, why?

How many different days can a man die on?

Even his “birthday” isn’t the day that he was born.

Kids die of cancer because people don’t ask God to stop it? What kind of BS is that?

Who did he make in his image? Shouldn’t we all be brown skinned if that’s the case?

Don’t you find it strange that whilst all this JC stuff was supposedly going on there were civilisations that had been around for a lot longer and had never heard of the bloke?

Doesn’t it also seem strange that we are all God’s children except that one race that’s supposedly better than the rest?

Why should I take the parting of the Red Sea as gospel but the Rainbow Serpent is mythology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back