Autopsy Autopsy vs *

Remove this Banner Ad

What really killed us was Redman getting 30 possessions at 120% disposal efficiency. No that's not a typo. Dude had the perfect game, right down to being a complete flog in true * style when he kicked a goal.

Merrett is a crab, but crabs can hurt you when allowed their crabbiness.

Redman was on Spicer.

The single most timid footballer on the planet.

Yep ok, didn't see Redmans stats until you posted that which is a game he will never produce again I suspect. Flog like Hooker who rubbed Nielson's hair after his goal no doubt.

I don't rate Merrett (yes he can play but he is below the best) and yes, exactly right if not given the opportunity he will take advantage. Not a player who will produce in a final or better opposition though.
I'd rather redman than Merrett right now, maybe at any time. i rate him higher too. Redman is one of *'s better players imo.

I'd rather redman than Merrett right now, maybe at any time. i rate him higher too. Redman is one of *'s better players imo.

I wasn't suggesting he couldn't plays Ferbs - more an outlier game. He can play and yes I don't rate Merrett elite like some might.

Stringer was damaging early in the game, and late (in junk time).

Early on he was in the middle and had Greenwood for company, handing off to McDonald when he went forward. That wasn't working well early and he kicked a couple (and a behind I think) in the first on Greenwood. He might have got one on McDonald, who kept him quiet through the middle of the game.

He then kicked a couple more in the last when the game had opened up and even Wright was finding space on McKay (who slaughtered Wright for 3 quarters).

Something like that. So basically I thought McDonald did a decent job on him, Greenwood - not so much.
Stringer had one that was a toe poke on the line and another from a soft free that only got paid at one end. Kicked three from general play.
I thought he played well, but the 5 goals had a bit of mayo on it

So Patch had a 173cm Spicer match up against 187cm Redman.

If that was Noble, Scott or Laidley making that call this place would go ballistic.
Probably because those guys were the senior coaches. We don’t have to invest in whether Patch knows what he is doing longer term. But it doesn’t say a lot for either/both our forwards coach or/and communication between coaches during the game that it was left like that for so long.

f So Patch had a 173cm Spicer match up against 187cm Redman.

If that was Noble, Scott or Laidley making that call this place would go ballistic.
To be fair, how many 173 cm guys were there in the Essendon team for Spicer to match up on? Or 60 kilos. Unfortunately for Spicer there aren't a lot of guys playing in the AFL who he can physically match it with.

To be fair, how many 173 cm guys were there in the Essendon team for Spicer to match up on? Or 60 kilos. Unfortunately for Spicer there aren't a lot of guys playing in the AFL who he can physically match it with.
All he had to do was stay within striking distance of Redman and he could've used his pace to claim him for 15-20 tackles.

If you're a player struggling to find the ball and your man is finding a heap of it, do the simple thing and start following him to the ball, then beat him in the contest.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back