Autopsy Autopsy vs *

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a really simple concept to understand - you test your fringe players properly at AFL level, find out how they go in their best position and then make decisions. Not hard. Some will make it, some won't but you make sure you find out.

It doesn't matter what you think about Lazzaro or others, it's completely irrelevant. It's whether they've been given sufficient opportunities for the club to make a decision one way or the other.
Are you on another planet?

He is never going to be better than any of our current midfield options, so why test him for a position he will never play?

If he is a midfielder and midfielder only it’s a massive draft blunder.

He’s been tested at AFL level and constantly failed to show anything. Bloke has no skill, no composure, can’t find the footy, is weak in the contest. Do you want me to go on?

He isn’t an AFL midfielder, because he isn’t an AFL footballer.

Are you on another planet?

He is never going to be better than any of our current midfield options, so why test him for a position he will never play?

If he is a midfielder and midfielder only it’s a massive draft blunder.

He’s been tested at AFL level and constantly failed to show anything. Bloke has no skill, no composure, can’t find the footy, is weak in the contest. Do you want me to go on?

He isn’t an AFL midfielder, because he isn’t an AFL footballer.

You delusionally carry on like you're a pro scout, or some other expert who works in the industry. Are you? I sincerely doubt it. I couldn't care less what you think about players, recruitment or who has AFL traits.

Fix? Running to and back from the Tan every second day
It's not solely fitness work though, it's the athletic profiles of the players we are drafting as well that's been an issue.
You can get some improvement in the players but some players have a greater capacity to gut run all day, we don't have enough.

Actually enjoyed the game yesterday. A couple of cans, a pie, sitting next to my hot wife watching Sheezel and Wardlaw start to take control of the team. I knew we would lose, I'm resigned to that now and have found a way to get through these sh*t seasons until we rise up the ladder again. After the COVID years and different things life throws at you, its really easy to appreciate being at the game and sharing these moments.
There wasn't many of us there. Mostly Essendon supporters and surprising how respectful they were of Cunners. Credit to them. And they kept calling McKay a big spud which made me think maybe your big spud soon.
One moment that stood out. 6min mark Q3 Corr wants to leave his opponent to meet the Essendon player coming down the wing and it will be a certain goal. But TT roars like I've never heard and waves Corr back and sets off after the Ess player, never gonna catch him but forces him to kick, which Corr spoils or marks, can't remember. It was one of my favourite TT moments. Later on he was too gassed to make the required effort to chase. I hope hes around next year with a bigger tank.
See ya Cunners. You were awesome.
Thanks ITW, one of the best posts I've read recent times.

I'm with you on the resignation front. I can't think of a single thing an opposition supporter or troll could say that would upset me these days. And ironically it's been months since there's been any 'serious' talk around the validity of our club (that I have heard) outside of the Caro, Karo & Barro j circle.

I'd been thinking about TT, his attitude and attack on the ball does seems to have changed. Your example (that I completely missed) is great a little +1 to that view.

Thanks ITW, one of the best posts I've read recent times.

I'm with you on the resignation front. I can't think of a single thing an opposition supporter or troll could say that would upset me these days. And ironically it's been months since there's been any 'serious' talk around the validity of our club (that I have heard) outside of the Caro, Karo & Barro j circle.

I'd been thinking about TT, his attitude and attack on the ball does seems to have changed. Your example (that I completely missed) is great a little +1 to that view.

Different circles over here about the comments that upset

Maybe I’m being set up to get a response because I give a response

Haven't been to a game for quite a while but went to the game Saturday - such a different perspective live - here are a few thoughts.

Sheezel - absolute gold. Even better than I thought.
LDU - as good as he is, needs to build his tank. Thought I saw him grab his hammy twice so I suspect he isn't 100%. Quality.
Ford - can fill that small forward role if we have the quality around him. Very confident he is a player.
Wardlaw - plenty claim better that Sheezel. Looks the goods and just needs games.
Jack - last 10 minutes very poor but not the worst over all.
TT - played brilliantly when he wanted to. Class.
Taylor - I have plenty of hope. Great tagging game but just not sure where he really fits.
Xerri - absolute rubbish footballer. Offers us zero. Terrible.
Cunners - I cried.
Lmac - as frustrating as they come, although not his worst game.
McKay - looked like an audition for * first half. Rather keep than trade.
Larkey - good game.
Sleevo - hot and cold but I still think he lifts when around him do. Has a touch of class.

In the end I just think we don't know how to win. Could see * getting home all day. I am also worried about our general fitness. We were stuffed by last quarter. Surely this is the main area of off field work this season. However, been this way for a few years now so maybe the 'experts' at the club think we ar ok.

Just a few thoughts. Different game when you are there.

In the end I just think we don't know how to win. Could see * getting home all day. I am also worried about our general fitness. We were stuffed by last quarter. Surely this is the main area of off field work this season. However, been this way for a few years now so maybe the 'experts' at the club think we ar ok.

Just a few thoughts. Different game when you are there.
I think we obviously have work to do but it is also to do with having so many young players in core roles and then a big gap to our older players. Hoping that we start to see improvement in this as it will ultimately decide wins as we start to push up.

I think we obviously have work to do but it is also to do with having so many young players in core roles and then a big gap to our older players. Hoping that we start to see improvement in this as it will ultimately decide wins as we start to push up.
Of course, but fitness you can fix. I can see some light ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was busy on Saturday so didn't see the game live.
Watch the first half on reply.
The Good, was how well we moved the ball and brought the ball into the forward line.

The Bad TT, great offensively, Garbage defensively. Thomas was an unmitigated distaser, of missed tackles, poor positioning and no accountability when he doesn't have the ball. Must do better.

Very disappointing.

Sleevo - hot and cold but I still think he lifts when around him do.
I see this a lot and to a point I get it. But the reality is it’s incumbent on the entire team to lift. We are so s**t and if we are to improve steveo needs to be apart of that and not wait for the rest of the team to lift so that he can be the cherry on top.

Concerning that we had a more experienced side out there and apart from LDU and Sheezel, their kids looked better. George gets a pass.

Perkins getting forward and just icing it with a clunk, Martyn doing whatever he wanted, Tsatas looked good in game 2, Hobbs had 30, really like Durham.

And they're not a good side. We've got a long way to go.

Concerning that we had a more experienced side out there and apart from LDU and Sheezel, their kids looked better. George gets a pass.

Perkins getting forward and just icing it with a clunk, Martyn doing whatever he wanted, Tsatas looked good in game 2, Hobbs had 30, really like Durham.

"More experienced side" aka Goldstein 35, Cunnington 32, Ziebell 32

"More experienced side" aka Goldstein 35, Cunnington 32, Ziebell 32

Fair enough.

I guess my point is I don't even rate Essendon as an up and coming powerhouse and their young blokes looked better than ours. Big, fast, play multiple roles.

I don't think it's any secret that we have a long to go.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Players in prime football years on the field for each side Saturday (25-30):

NMFC- 7 (Turner, Corr, Tucker, McKay, Simpkin, Larkey, McDonald)

* - 11 (Guelfi, Kelly, Hind, Langford, Laverde, Parish, Wright, Redman, McGrath, Merett, Snelling

We were younger (negligible).

We have three, maybe four at a stretch, players who you could rely on each week in that bracket.

It’s why we’re nowhere.

Players in prime football years on the field for each side Saturday (25-30):

NMFC- 7 (Turner, Corr, Tucker, McKay, Simpkin, Larkey, McDonald)

* - 11 (Guelfi, Kelly, Hind, Langford, Laverde, Parish, Wright, Redman, McGrath, Merett, Snelling

We were younger (negligible).

We have three, maybe four at a stretch, players who you could rely on each week in that bracket.

It’s why we’re nowhere.

I do understand. Though Guelfi, Kelly, Hind and Snelling are s**t or borderline s**t.

I really can't write any more even vaguely positive words about Essendon. It's gross. Really need Powell to make it work and this George kid needs to be a good player. Because I don't even rate Essendon and my eye test was that they had a few more than us under 23 on the day.

I do understand. Though Guelfi, Kelly, Hind and Snelling are s**t or borderline s**t.

I really can't write any more even vaguely positive words about Essendon. It's gross. Really need Powell to make it work and this George kid needs to be a good player. Because I don't even rate Essendon and my eye test was that they had a few more than us under 23 on the day.
Why don’t you buy an * membership if you move them so much?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back