Autopsy Autopsy vs *

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on the fitness bit - we do a lot of pointless running. I’ve attended a few games this year and noticed that at times our players (particularly in transition) will sprint as fast as they can but don’t actually look like they know where/what they’re doing.

You can almost see as soon as the ball is turned over that they’re gassed and out positioned.

I feel the generally fitness is definitely down on where it should be, but more direction on where they should be positioned would help immensely.

Yeah it doesn't really matter what you think, it's whether players get enough opportunities at AFL level in the right position.

We have players who've had every chance to prove themselves at AFL level in a range of positions but haven't succeeded. But at least the club knows that . Lazzaro isn't one, he's barely played 5 minutes on ball at AFL level, and barely any games.

Again, it really doesn't matter what you think, it's completely irrelevant. It's whether he's had the opportunities in the right position at AFL level and he hasn't.
Not quite sure why you are bothering. Looks like Lazzaro is down in the pecking order of meat grinder mids and unsure if he will make it. I actually thought he had a point of difference in his debut and first few games. From memory, a running goal stood out. But do yourself a favour…go read the first 30 or so pages of Cunner’s or JZ’s player thread. Some good judges here…& very patient to form opinions too.

Just on the fitness bit - we do a lot of pointless running. I’ve attended a few games this year and noticed that at times our players (particularly in transition) will sprint as fast as they can but don’t actually look like they know where/what they’re doing.

You can almost see as soon as the ball is turned over that they’re gassed and out positioned.

I feel the generally fitness is definitely down on where it should be, but more direction on where they should be positioned would help immensely.
It looks like the players are still struggling with the new game plan which requires a degree of footy IQ rather than just trying hard.

We've been a team of 100% effort and playing 1v1 that we've largely missed out on how to learn zone structures.

3 players in a team of the week? Wtf is this?!

Getting a lot of unfavourable comments! Have to agree that it must be some kind of recency bias on Sunday evening when an ordinary game between two ordinary to poor teams has five players make the team of the week.

I see this a lot and to a point I get it. But the reality is it’s incumbent on the entire team to lift. We are so s**t and if we are to improve steveo needs to be apart of that and not wait for the rest of the team to lift so that he can be the cherry on top.
Fair call, but some players are leaders and some are followers (who need to be led). Sleevo is a follower.

Not quite sure why you are bothering. Looks like Lazzaro is down in the pecking order of meat grinder mids and unsure if he will make it. I actually thought he had a point of difference in his debut and first few games. From memory, a running goal stood out. But do yourself a favour…go read the first 30 or so pages of Cunner’s or JZ’s player thread. Some good judges here…& very patient to form opinions too.
So the specific issue here is about finding out if players on the list can play at AFL level. The club has rightly done that with a number of players - shown a lot of patience and played guys in a variety of positions. Some have succeeded, quite a few more have failed.

Others haven't been given many opportunities and haven't been played in their best position - Lazzaro fits in to that category. That's the point being made, not whether mug punters think he's any good or not.

So the specific issue here is about finding out if players on the list can play at AFL level. The club has rightly done that with a number of players - shown a lot of patience and played guys in a variety of positions. Some have succeeded, quite a few more have failed.

Others haven't been given many opportunities and haven't been played in their best position - Lazzaro fits in to that category. That's the point being made, not whether mug punters think he's any good or not.
FWIW…I agree with the point. Giving him a quarter out of position hoping that he will be Ted Hopkins reincarnate is futile.

Comparing Goater and JZ is a pretty unfair comparison.

First of all, Goater is a good kick but his decision making was just a little suspect at times. He will only get better. Hasn't played over 200 games...

JZ should be able to hit a left foot pass but his left foot is just not up to scratch. In stark contrast to Goater's abilities.

I think we'll look more daring next year and it'll catch a few teams by surprise. I know we've said that this year, but with the draft coming up and trade period, look out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back