GREENBOY

Rookie
Dec 17, 2007
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
western force, all blacks
the karate kid meets the never-ending story in animated form. thats my take.

Quality show. Second season is amazing, as is "Sozin's Comet." Zuko is a great character.
That's Prince Zuko to you. I feel that Momo is terribly underrated.

jallyward

Debutant
Aug 22, 2009
Orantio
AFL Club
Adelaide
Avatar the last airbender is my favorite animation show and now i m so excited for it's new series Avatar the legand of Korra. Nickelodeon has announced this new series just before premier The last airbender 3D movie. in which Korra will be new airbender instead of Aang. After know about this series, i m imaging, how much awesome will be story stuffs looking in this new Avatar the last airbender series with this New Avatar.

DoubleO7

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2008
Abroad
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal Football Club
Good show. I'm not normally one for watching kids shows or anime of any sort (in fact used to be a 'hater') but this one definitely change my opinion. Am currently hooked and am looking forward to the finalé next week.
Technically, it's not an anime; however, it is an anime-influenced animation. A very good one at that. :thumbsu:

Mar 13, 2007
Dorne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Cards Suns City Vics
I really enjoyed Korra, it felt a bit rushed at times (especially the ending), but is a must-see for fans of the original. The animation is superb, if you will be downloading it go for a really good version. Looks like season 2 is close to getting an airing date as well.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
So I freaking adore Avatar now. Got all three volumes a few weeks ago, and now halfway through Earth. Just amazing, and beautiful and emotional. I know it's pretty early and I'm only halfway through the series but I daresay this could be one of my top 5 shows of all time.

chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
So I freaking adore Avatar now. Got all three volumes a few weeks ago, and now halfway through Earth. Just amazing, and beautiful and emotional. I know it's pretty early and I'm only halfway through the series but I daresay this could be one of my top 5 shows of all time.

More than just a kids tv show isn't it.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
So yeah. Fire took me a little while but after sitting down tonight to watch all four parts of Sozin's Comet I can unequivocally call a) the episode one of the greatest things ever put to a screen, and b) the series amongst my 7* favourite of all time.

* 7th is a reserved place, it can only go higher I think but my list is all over the place right now, will wait till Breaking Bad finishes to do it again properly.

But just on Sozin's Comet, I say greatest things though really that should go hand in hand with like at least another half dozen episodes the show's done, but it was just done so right, that I can't be anything but hyped for it.

Zuko and Azula's Agni Kai was just breathtaking and emotional as anything.

Also bought Legend of Korra on blu-ray. Popped in the first episode, didn't finish it (tiredness), but holy s**t it looks ******* amazing.

groga

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Any one playing freo
Great show!

Korra's ending for book one seemed rushed, but has great potential non the less.

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
The 3rd season of The Legend of Korra just wound up a couple of weeks ago, and it was a ripper.

Korra's had an interesting run, Season 1 was well received, introducing a more complex, adult world, but there were some problems with the resolution of it's X-men like plot.

Season 2 had some real issues as a new animation studio was substituted for the overworked brilliance Studio Mir. The new animation studio just wasn't quite up to Studio Mir's standard, and ratings dropped accordingly - happily, Studio Mir was re-employed from about the half-way point of Season 2, coinciding with a clearer direction in the plotting, and the season wound up extremely well with a cracker of a finale.

Season 3 was pretty consistently excellent, probably only half a rung below Avatar: the Last Airbender's Book 2 : Earth, which is high praise.
However, unfortunately there were episodes leaked just prior to the season airing, oddly prompting Nickelodeon to scale back their promotion for the season.
Eventually Nickelodeon pullled Korra from their tv line-up and the show is now only available online.
Happily, production for the scheduled 4th season has not been affected and the show will go on.

I love Avatar: the Last Airbender, but I worry that shows fans, bogged down in nostalgia, haven't given the creative team of Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko a fair viewing with Korra, which is every bit the Last Airbender's equal.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Just finished Book 3, just in time for Book 4's premiere.

Agreed with Cursed Cat, Change was freaking amazing. The emotional high points were on par with Avatar.

It's cool that we're getting Balance now, though Nick's almost blatant disregard for the show is pretty shite.

Back