Movie Avengers - Endgame

Remove this Banner Ad

Xavier and Magneto too, some huge shoes to fill. I’d still say they’re a couple of years at least away, the realm does provide a good way to progressively introduce them.
James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender filled those shoes pretty seamlessly, think Logan will be the much harder ask.

Spiderman will be the main hero going forward. He is marvels biggest hero followed by hulk.
I agree to a point, but he's two movies in by July, how many more will there be with Tom Holland during Phase 4? Reckon you might only get one more solo movie and maybe an Avengers or two.

James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender filled those shoes pretty seamlessly, think Logan will be the much harder ask.

I agree to a point, but he's two movies in by July, how many more will there be with Tom Holland during Phase 4? Reckon you might only get one more solo movie and maybe an Avengers or two.

I was referring to them too, great actors. Fassbender got me through Apocalypse which was otherwise a very ordinary movie.

And yes agreed on the second point. It won’t necessarily be just Spider-Man. There’s a reason he and T’Challa have only been introduced in recent years, with Captain Marvel just this year and Warlock still to come.

There’s plenty there to carry the future phases.

I was referring to them too, great actors. Fassbender got me through Apocalypse which was otherwise a very ordinary movie.

And yes agreed on the second point. It won’t necessarily be just Spider-Man. There’s a reason he and T’Challa have only been introduced in recent years, with Captain Marvel just this year and Warlock still to come.

There’s plenty there to carry the future phases.
They've done so well with Xavier and Magneto, Stewart and McKellan was fantastic, McAvoy and Fassbender maybe not quite as good but certainly didn't leave you pining for them.

Last edited:
They've done so well with Xavier and Magneto, Stewart and McKellan was fantastic, McAvoy and Fassbender maybe not quite as good but certainly didn't ;eave you pining for them.

In fairness, they’re both iconic actors who are very difficult to emulate/replace. Not often you have to recast characters for two knighted actors :D

True but he is a kid so there is lots of room for multiple movies. Plus he is there only a grader from the comics left. He will dominate avengers and possibly other characters movies as much if not more than iron man.

Why not?

Jackman did almost 20 years. RDJ has done 10. He doesnt have to stay a kid.
Fair points, but one of the defining aspects of his character is that he's a kid. I'm not convinced they will change it up that significantly. It's very different change in dynamic for a character to go from 15-35 than it is to go from 30 to 50.

Fair points, but one of the defining aspects of his character is that he's a kid. I'm not convinced they will change it up that significantly. It's very different change in dynamic for a character to go from 15-35 than it is to go from 30 to 50.

It is but how good will it be to see Peter going from joining the avengers to leading them. I think we can safely assume he will be around for 10 years. Beyond that who knows.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is but how good will it be to see Peter going from joining the avengers to leading them. I think we can safely assume he will be around for 10 years. Beyond that who knows.

Get the feeling Tom Holland wont have too much problem playing a few years younger than his age, so in a decade when he's 32 he could easily be playing a late 20s spiderman. The success of into the spiderverse probably won't hurt his chances either, most people will be happy enough to follow Spiderman's career for a bit rather than expect a reboot.

As for Wolverine my tip is he'll be shorter.

Get the feeling Tom Holland wont have too much problem playing a few years younger than his age, so in a decade when he's 32 he could easily be playing a late 20s spiderman. The success of into the spiderverse probably won't hurt his chances either, most people will be happy enough to follow Spiderman's career for a bit rather than expect a reboot.

As for Wolverine my tip is he'll be shorter.

Yeah I also had into the spiderverse in mind thinking about the older peter parker. See these character develop over their journey it was gets us invested.

Nebula should kill Thanos in Endgame. She was taken away as a child; half her people were killed, the only person who cared about her, her sister, was killed, she was tortured, humiliated, belittled repeatedly; now she's stuck in space with Mr. Toolbag.

https://www.sonicthelaconic.com/i-hope-nebula-kills-thanos-in-avengers-endgame/

I’m presuming that’s your blog? Judging by the user name to site name.

But anyway, yes. Very possibly she does, similar to the comic where she’s the one to seize the gauntlet. Having said that, the storyline is vastly different given the absence of Death, Galactus, Kronos etc.

Am still of the view it will be left to the original Avengers from phase 1.

I’m presuming that’s your blog? Judging by the user name to site name.

But anyway, yes. Very possibly she does, similar to the comic where she’s the one to seize the gauntlet. Having said that, the storyline is vastly different given the absence of Death, Galactus, Kronos etc.

Am still of the view it will be left to the original Avengers from phase 1.

Yep, that's my blog.

Time will tell. It isn't going to ruin the movie for me if someone else knocks him off. I'm sure it'll be an amazing experience.

Will they even kill him off with how popular he's been? Once the gauntlet is gone and the stones are out of his reach he might just flee outside of the Avengers reach, either to retire or on a new quest, just in case the MCU ever need him again.

Spiderman isnt magically kept as a kid like a vampire. Ofcourse he can grow up. Plus 35 year olds can play characters in their early twenties anyway.

Spiderman isnt magically kept as a kid like a vampire. Ofcourse he can grow up. Plus 35 year olds can play characters in their early twenties anyway.

Yeah agree, I know spidey is traditionally portrayed as a kid but not always right? Haven't seen it, but in the new animated one Into The Spiderverse isn't there an older 35ish version of spiderman that's been doing it for awhile that acts as a mentor to Miles Morales?

I don't see the problem with keeping Tom Holland on for awhile if thats what they wanna do, he's obviously popular.

It’s a defining aspect of his origin yet, but he doesn’t have to stay in high school. That’s a misconception.

There have been plenty of arcs that cover his story well over a period of time, I’m hoping this continues with Holland into the next phase.

Yeah agree, I know spidey is traditionally portrayed as a kid but not always right? Haven't seen it, but in the new animated one Into The Spiderverse isn't there an older 35ish version of spiderman that's been doing it for awhile that acts as a mentor to Miles Morales?

I don't see the problem with keeping Tom Holland on for awhile if thats what they wanna do, he's obviously popular.

Yes there’s an older version of Parker in that film however I can’t say much more about it without revealing spoilers. Highly recommend watching that movie, it is outstanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back