Movie Avengers - Endgame

Remove this Banner Ad

But is that more to do with your dislike of Brie Larson? Or the character herself?

One thing that still sticks out to me is the depowering of SW, from the moment she came onto the scene. But that’s the in-universe depiction and at least they’ve been consistent with it. So that’s fine in that regard.

It does become a bit more glaring when you have Thor in all his Stormbreaker glory from IW, to then being flicked aside by a stoneless Thanos like he was here. That’s more jarring for me than anything else.
At least you can understand the . De-powering of SW and Dr Strange ...considering both can alter reality

But yeah de powering Thor and Hulk in the face of a stoneless Thanos who had to resort to a power stone to knock out CM

Clearly you can see where Marvel is going with it all

I like Brie Larson, I loved her in United States of Tara - she is bold and has attitude, big girl crush on her confidence.

The character is full power invincible.

I really enjoyed (well, perhaps not the best word given the subject matter) Room. That was intense and frightening at times, she was great in it.

This depiction of Danvers is perhaps too powerful however I liked that she was used sparingly. Quality over quantity.

I recall the general idea after the IW post credits scene that she would come in and wipe the floor with Thanos, but very glad it was left to Stark for the final blow.

At least you can understand the . De-powering of SW and Dr Strange ...considering both can alter reality

But yeah de powering Thor and Hulk in the face of a stoneless Thanos who had to resort to a power stone to knock out CM

Clearly you can see where Marvel is going with it all

I really don’t see it that way, I don’t think there’s this agenda or conspiracy happening. They’ve just got a hell of a lot of powerful characters in an ensemble film that they’ve tried to balance and keep everyone relevant.

Some of it was done very well, some not so much (ie, Thor for me). But overall, a masterstoke to achieve what they did.

As for Hulk, as much as I would’ve loved me some more Hulk smash. Don’t forget, he was the only one capable of wearing the powered up gauntlet and returning trillions of people (and other species) back to life.

It’s like playing GAJ or Buddy in the back pocket for their entire last season, any coach worth his salt wouldn’t even dream of it. Very disappointing.
Hulk has been a big part of marvel forever, should have been ripping that final battle scene apart.
And as I’ve said, that battle should’ve been one of the best in cinematic history and it wasn’t.
Big Opportunity lost and great character ruined forever.
Detracted significantly from the film for me.

But maybe MCU /the Russos were too scared and/or wanting to get rid of powerful male characters that are fuelled by rage like Thor but especially Hulk. It certainly would explain a bit.
I wonder what Stan Lee would think?
The Hulk thing destroyed the movie for me. At least in infinity war we thought he was going to have an amazing resolution in End game and rip things up. It was worse then we all could imagine. Thor had similar treatment but to a much lesser degree.

I think Stan Lee was one of the few people in the world who knew what they had planned, since he was heavily involved. I think he'd have swayed their call if he didnt feel it respected the characters origins.

It sort of boils down to this: You HAVE to power down certain characters.
Thor: Physiologically damaged, unfit and unconfident. Still could fight, but not at the level we expected.
Hulk: Again, mental demons from Infinity War. Bruce/Hulk have found a middle ground now, thats character development.
Captain Marvel: Misses the entire middle part of the movie because she was helping other planets effected by Thanos.
Scarlet Witch: Stopped from tearing Thanos apart after he rains fire on the battlefield

Those four characters, comic book wise, can all take Thanos on in the right scenario. But the movie would be over in 20minutes if they gave them the power they could have.

So Im willing, personally, to accept their calls on these characters. Not everyone will, and I can respect that.
If you have to power down characters to make the story work then the story sucks.

Blame universal they still have the rights and are a pain in the ass to deal with

They were asking for massive profit of the film and creative control...two things Marvel won’t give up

Didn't they give a bit of them up in regard to Spider-Man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't they give a bit of them up in regard to Spider-Man?

That’s Sony different rights holder and a different deal altogether

Basically you can have spidy in your films if you let us make another one with your help and set in your universe ect

5 year deal from memory ???

Can’t wait to go back and watch it when it gets a bit more quiet.

First time I went, was forced to sit in the very front row because of the full cinema. Forgot about it as soon as it started but I am very keen for the experience of sitting near the back.

I have seen it 4 times so far and still not sick of it

I haven't gone to as many screenings as I thought I would. I'd go again if I get invited to another screening, I don't think I'd go off my own back. I took a friend to see it in Gold Class........ she loved it (not a serious Marvel movie watcher either, she marathoned a few Marvel movies in the lead up to last week). She went and saw it again on Sunday WITHOUT ME :(

I saw The Dark Knight plenty of times at the cinema....... when the dvd/blu-ray came out, I watched it a fair few times afterward (won't say how many but with my reputation of watching Hawthorn grand finals.... you can only imagine :p)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s Sony different rights holder and a different deal altogether

Basically you can have spidy in your films if you let us make another one with your help and set in your universe ect

5 year deal from memory ???

Sony still allowed to make Venom and Spider-verse somehow too.

**** the MCU really really know how to do this.

The new trailer for Spider-Man: Far from Home has been released and if you have seen Endgame you'll probably be interested enough to have a look at it. If you haven't seen Endgame, under no circumstances should you watch the Spider-Man: Far from Home trailer. Take from that what you want :).

The Hulk thing destroyed the movie for me. At least in infinity war we thought he was going to have an amazing resolution in End game and rip things up. It was worse then we all could imagine. Thor had similar treatment but to a much lesser degree.

Agreed.

Fat Thor was funny / but should’ve pulled his head out after he met his Mum.

Hulk was just lame.

Agreed.

Fat Thor was funny / but should’ve pulled his head out after he met his Mum.

Hulk was just lame.
It would have been a good chance to have a cool scene where Thor reaches up and gets blasted by lightning and it makes him buff. I think there was sort of a scene like that but it just platted his beard.

But is that more to do with your dislike of Brie Larson? Or the character herself?

Even with the movie doing well the umpteenth reboot of Captain Marvel comics look like they are tanking again.

Which says a bit about how the character is viewed in the Marvel comic world.

One thing that still sticks out to me is the depowering of SW, from the moment she came onto the scene. But that’s the in-universe depiction and at least they’ve been consistent with it. So that’s fine in that regard.

A great character they screwed over. Can't help but think Evan Peters kicking arse as a Quicksilver didn't help SW in her arc because her Quicksilver dragged her down a bit.

It does become a bit more glaring when you have Thor in all his Stormbreaker glory from IW, to then being flicked aside by a stoneless Thanos like he was here. That’s more jarring for me than anything else.

I think there was an Easter Egg for Namor in End Games, so interesting to see how they treat his powers.

I think the depowering of Thor has been a monumental * up and it leaves too much of a major oversight in the movie plot line.
Infinity War grows and distances itself as the far superior movie as each day goes on

**** the MCU really really know how to do this.

The new trailer for Spider-Man: Far from Home has been released and if you have seen Endgame you'll probably be interested enough to have a look at it. If you haven't seen Endgame, under no circumstances should you watch the Spider-Man: Far from Home trailer. Take from that what you want :).
It concludes phase 3

From memory Marvel were really unhappy that Sony put the trailers out before Endgame was released

Even with the movie doing well the umpteenth reboot of Captain Marvel comics look like they are tanking again.

Which says a bit about how the character is viewed in the Marvel comic world.

A great character they screwed over. Can't help but think Evan Peters kicking arse as a Quicksilver didn't help SW in her arc because her Quicksilver dragged her down a bit.

I think there was an Easter Egg for Namor in End Games, so interesting to see how they treat his powers.

Namor? Damn, I missed that. Only seen it once though. What was the Easter egg?

No doubt heavily underpowered

I wonder if they will name him a mutant seeing that in the comics he was one of the first mutants ect

Well he should be on par with Thor and Hulk when in the water.

Think this will be another character they change from white dude to POC.

Given how they flipped Aquaman they'll probably dumb it down and get the Rock to play him, so he's nothing like the comic book Namor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back