Movie Avengers - Endgame

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Well he should be on par with Thor and Hulk when in the water.

Think this will be another character they change from white dude to POC.

Given how they flipped Aquaman they'll probably dumb it down and get the Rock to play him, so he's nothing like the comic book Namor.
I always though Namor was Asian?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
They mention a quake off the coast of Africa under the ocean.

Perhaps heralding the awakening of Namor.

Yes I remember that dialogue but only just clicked with me now what it could mean. Holy s**t.

Well he should be on par with Thor and Hulk when in the water.

Think this will be another character they change from white dude to POC.

Given how they flipped Aquaman they'll probably dumb it down and get the Rock to play him, so he's nothing like the comic book Namor.

In fairness the casting of Momoa as Aquaman was a genius move, a much maligned character turned into a tattooed badass definitely worked.

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think I will have to see it again to judge it properly, but I think it's going to be right up there in the series. Loved most of the things that have already been mentioned.

Don't really have a problem with the depowering of characters. I actually think IW has the bigger issue with depowered characters.

My biggest issue is that they've probably created a terrible "win". Removing half the population is going to cause a shitload of issues for the survivors. Even if they can minimise that, 5 years of half the population is going to reduce a lot of the infrastructure. Adding Billions of people overnight is going to be unsupportable and will cause the very issues Thanos warned about.

Also they should have had giant Wasp.

I think I will have to see it again to judge it properly, but I think it's going to be right up there in the series. Loved most of the things that have already been mentioned.

Don't really have a problem with the depowering of characters. I actually think IW has the bigger issue with depowered characters.

My biggest issue is that they've probably created a terrible "win". Removing half the population is going to cause a shitload of issues for the survivors. Even if they can minimise that, 5 years of half the population is going to reduce a lot of the infrastructure. Adding Billions of people overnight is going to be unsupportable and will cause the very issues Thanos warned about.

Also they should have had giant Wasp.

Great point and should not go unnoticed. I mean in melbourne people think we're overcrowded, FO we're full etc. There'd be mayhem if the snapped came back.

or wait, would it? I mean the infrastructure pre snap was just hanging on. Let's say Melb now has a population of 2.5m. Trains, roads etc handle it fine! Yay plenty of space!!! Then everyone comes back, population is a bit bigger than the original 5 mill. maybe it could cope.

Great point and should not go unnoticed. I mean in melbourne people think we're overcrowded, FO we're full etc. There'd be mayhem if the snapped came back.

or wait, would it? I mean the infrastructure pre snap was just hanging on. Let's say Melb now has a population of 2.5m. Trains, roads etc handle it fine! Yay plenty of space!!! Then everyone comes back, population is a bit bigger than the original 5 mill. maybe it could cope.

Even with half the pop getting snapped, reckon the Monash would still be a prick in peak hour.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon

Considering how little of our food is produced within walking distance for most people the disruption to transportation alone would be devastating (I'm sure there was a youtube discussing this but can't remember who did it). Not to mention half of all the pilots disappearing and we can assume there was no preference for pilots on their day off, so there's a few extra thousand non-snapped who didn't survive the day. Half of every service provider just got snapped. Whether your vegan, vegetarian or carnivore half of your food just went bye bye as well. And we're still just thinking about humans, the reality is a lot of ecosystems are not going to be in balance when half of all life disappears, not everything will survive that period of adaption.

Eventually the survivors might be able to make use of the extra space and resources but if the snapped happened in real life I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining human population was halved again before that started to happen, or even lower. A lot of them dying before the end of that 5 year period.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
It concludes phase 3

From memory Marvel were really unhappy that Sony put the trailers out before Endgame was released

At least the trailers were pretty restrained and very different to this last one. I thought Far from Home might have been a bit like the first Spider-Man movie in being more of an isolated story, in this case because after concluding such a major story arc the MCU might have felt it was worthwhile letting people take a breathe before progressing too much with the next arc, sort of cleanse the pallet.

But it looks like Spider-Man: Far from Home might be really digging into the after effects of Endgame and setting up future rules and implications for the MCU movies

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
... Everyone stayed for post credits, when Marvel themselves said they are not doing any.
Ok, just saw it coupla hours ago and stayed for the end of the credits (they got me well trained :$) and while there wasn't any nugget to reward the patience, I thought I did hear some hammering/clinking sounds like in a forge with a blank screen.

Towards the end of the credits, they played kinda slow, jazz music, which ended followed by a pause in sound, then around 5 or so hammer/clink sounds.

What does it mean, if anything?

Ok, just saw it coupla hours ago and stayed for the end of the credits (they got me well trained :$) and while there wasn't any nugget to reward the patience, I thought I did hear some hammering/clinking sounds like in a forge with a blank screen.

Towards the end of the credits, they played kinda slow, jazz music, which ended followed by a pause in sound, then around 5 or so hammer/clink sounds.

What does it mean, if anything?

Was the sound of Tony making his first armor in the cave ;)

Considering how little of our food is produced within walking distance for most people the disruption to transportation alone would be devastating (I'm sure there was a youtube discussing this but can't remember who did it). Not to mention half of all the pilots disappearing and we can assume there was no preference for pilots on their day off, so there's a few extra thousand non-snapped who didn't survive the day. Half of every service provider just got snapped. Whether your vegan, vegetarian or carnivore half of your food just went bye bye as well. And we're still just thinking about humans, the reality is a lot of ecosystems are not going to be in balance when half of all life disappears, not everything will survive that period of adaption.

Eventually the survivors might be able to make use of the extra space and resources but if the snapped happened in real life I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining human population was halved again before that started to happen, or even lower. A lot of them dying before the end of that 5 year period.

Richmond already have the most injuries in the league. take away more and we may as well fold

Even with half the pop getting snapped, reckon the Monash would still be a prick in peak hour.
what if all the train drivers got lost in the snap, along with the people that use public transport....

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Finally saw this, having managed to avoid all spoilers. Haven't read the 20 or so pages I missed but overall I thought it was very good, better than Infinity War, which I found a bit drawn out and pompous. My fear was they would double down on the 'gravitas' in this film, but they surprisingly didn't with the exception of the last 10 minutes or so and that's fine. Was impressed with the time heist aspect as it gave it a different feel and and its own identity as a film, rather than just a continuation of Infinity War.

Like any time travel film, give it a moment's thought and it gets lost in itself, but a largely satisfying finish. Not in the top Marvel movies but a solid 8/10.

Last edited:

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Thought it was rubbish. Wanted to leave half way through , boring and lackluster. For all the hype it was one of the worst movies I have seen at a cinema.

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Thought it was rubbish. Wanted to leave half way through , boring and lackluster. For all the hype it was one of the worst movies I have seen at a cinema.

Totally agree, crap movie for the hype it received. The only redeeming feature about the movie is that it would be a good one to watch on a long distance flight as it would put you to sleep within the first 5 minutes.

how come you didnt leave?

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Did anyone else yell 'girl power!' in their head when all the females teamed up during the battle?

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Captain Marvel should have been in the second phase, what was even the point of her inclusion? All that hype for being OP

Then in End Game she gets like 10 seconds screen time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back