Movie Avengers - Endgame

Remove this Banner Ad

Even the first Avengers movie was like that (an extreme amount of green screen acting, the cgi/special effects looked very cheap to me almost bordering on made for tv). Yes cgi has come a long way (cripes remember how rubbery the cgi was in the first Raimi Spider-man movie!), but its nowhere near perfect.

I only have the dvd version as a reference point (probably the problem lol). It doesn't look as flashy as it did at the cinema, I guess I better get a 100 inch screen ? :p. The movies length meant the dvd version was going to be a hard task to convert to something watchable (as most 3 hour movies generally push the capacity of a dual layer disc). From memory the Peter Jackson King Kong dvd version was similar.

From what I have read the blu-ray and 4k releases are not what they could be. In that they've not used the entire capacity of the discs available. The theory is that they will release a new version in the future where the picture quality is improved even more. As they hadn't done a proper 1:1 conversion from the filmed version (which was filmed on a 6k camera iirc).

I watched it on a Samsung 75 inch and thought it looked gorgeous. It may get better, but i am more than happy with it as it stands

I have no doubt they struggled to get the DVD copy onto a disc. The movie is HUGE!

Something occurred to me this morning as I was driving. During teh battle, the giant cruiser/destroyer/carrier shop with the massive guns was causing issues for the heroes. Thought Wasp could've flown up there, thrown the pym particle disc at it then boom. little. Then squash it. hehe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legit. Luckiest plot turn if I’ve ever seen one.

It's the one scenario that Dr Strange saw that made victory possible - some random rat wandering across the controls years later hitting the right buttons.

Re-engaging it now.

THey just cut thanos head off. Yay

That's when I knew the movie could be something really really good - so you killed the villain in the first few minutes - now what?

Both movies would benefit from coming in at two hours or under.
Nope. Both movies are too short. They would both benefit from being television series rather then movies To flesh out the storyline.

there is no such thing as an epic movie because movies are simply too short to tell an epic story.

Characters are are bit boring. If they had some time to develop them it would of been better.

Yeah, they should have had about 10 years of movies preceding this one for us to really get invested imo.

Not too sure if it rings true for anyone else but considering the corona virus pandemic, lockdown were in and no footy indefinitely and whatnot I all of a sudden have lost a feeling of amazement towards the avengers infinity saga.

Don’t know why but Thanos wiped out half the universe population. That’s massive. Unheard of.
But so would no weddings, no shopping, no holidays, no planes, no work, no job and income, no sports, no cinemas, no restaurants, no gyms, no clubs three months ago.
Literally people are getting sick at random and dying.

So if we were to pair that up with what Thanos did and yes nothing can ever replace the loss of the life and the void if left but atleast the survivors got to enjoy everything we can’t.

Outside of living through a war I don’t think any of us has ever expected to live through the current lockdown we are experiencing. This is our ever version of Thanos’ snap and honestly I look at Endgame with so much less lustre as a result.

Not too sure if it rings true for anyone else but considering the corona virus pandemic, lockdown were in and no footy indefinitely and whatnot I all of a sudden have lost a feeling of amazement towards the avengers infinity saga.

Don’t know why but Thanos wiped out half the universe population. That’s massive. Unheard of.
But so would no weddings, no shopping, no holidays, no planes, no work, no job and income, no sports, no cinemas, no restaurants, no gyms, no clubs three months ago.
Literally people are getting sick at random and dying.

So if we were to pair that up with what Thanos did and yes nothing can ever replace the loss of the life and the void if left but atleast the survivors got to enjoy everything we can’t.

Outside of living through a war I don’t think any of us has ever expected to live through the current lockdown we are experiencing. This is our ever version of Thanos’ snap and honestly I look at Endgame with so much less lustre as a result.
That’s intense man.
But pandemics are often going to take place and have avoidable casualties. Thanos’ was instant. But you’re right, like the End Game though, you’re seeing empty Mets’ Citi Field and wondering gee sports matters little in that circumstances. Now we’re seeing a mini fallout of that, billions lost in sports and no one knows when we can see sports playing again, if even in 2020.
Those things we take for granted. Significantly. End Game was just an overdramatision of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back