Movie Avengers - Endgame

Remove this Banner Ad

People upset over the girl power scene...You realise that a similar scene was used in Infinity War, right? Except this time they got to use ALL their female characters to actually make it impactful. The demographic of these movies are shifting, they want to cater for everyone and not make it an entire sausage fest. Hell, Avengers 1 had ONE FEMALE HERO, and Avengers 2 had doubled that to...two!

Has anyone discussed what actually happens with Thanos going FORWARD in time? If we take what the Elder One said to Banner, that removing something from a timeline previous (Or future?) creates a new branch (Although she said that in regards to the STONES...) does Thanos leaving change things significantly?

He went FORWARD to the timeline where he already DID the snap, to stop them from unsnapping his future snap...where he dies in the process...So...Does that mean his snap never happened or did he create a different time line that loops back to make all those things happen?

And Captain living out another life, only works if he goes through all that again, because he HAS to go back in time to return the stones so he CAN live that life and be sitting on THAT SEAT at the end.

Im willing to ignore these flaws in the grand scheme of it, because the movie still has be an emotional wreck.

Oh and on the topic of "omg too much girl power PC agenda pushing!"
If the scenes of Scarlet Witch going total badass on Thanos and almost finishing him herself if not for his ship, and the site of Pepper finally suiting up properly and fighting alongside Tony DIDNT GIVE YOU GIDDY HAPPINESS then these 10 years were wasted on you.

Also, Captain Marvel was fine. She probably should have appeared earlier, hell they probably should have told her they were going to do some time jumping while she was off helping other planets...But hey, she did her part at the end. She is what shes meant to be: a badass, straight talking heavyweight that didnt really have any previous connections to the Avengers and isnt part of their "crew".

Triple post because Im still mentally unpacking this movie
90% of the "Negative" reviews on IMDB are about one thing: The time travel plot holes. Which I get.
A few are about them wrecking Thor. Again, yeah, but they had to depower at least him and Hulk in some way, since they were going up against a Gauntletless Thanos. Thanos with the Power Stone>Hulk, without the stone? Hulk probably would have won. Same with Thor, although he was pretty much beating himself up anyway.

At the end of the day you sort of need to...ignore the plot holes? I dunno, I hate that kind of thing usually, but for this movie I find myself make it the exception not the rule. There are things Id have done differently, sure, but was I entertained and left the cinema feeling like it impacted me? Yes. 3000 times yes. Was Infinity War better? Probably. But they were never going to finish the massive Infinity arc like that, they couldnt, we all knew that.

So this movie for me will still be in right up there. Top Marvel movies for me is difficult to judge, but its some mix of:

Thor Ragnarok
Iron Man
Infinity War
End Game
Guardians(1)
Winter Soldier

The other movies are watchable and good to watch for the whole universal connectivity, but those are the ones that make you go wow.

It's been 3 days and still feel like I've been hit by a truck. Massive plot holes but the film just nailed every single emotional note. It was an amazing pay off for a story and group of characters we won't see again.

Alan Silvestri is a genius, so good at making huge movies seem even bigger.

RDJ was the star for mine. Would love to see a slightly re-invented Tony Stark, but couldnt go out on a bigger high IMO.

Saw in GC, Ironically the mrs ordered a Hulk drink cup and they brought out an Iron Man one by mistaken #feels.

I'm not a huge fan of superhero films. Generally, can take or leave them but my son was keen and invited his mate so I took them both. I really enjoyed it.

Amazing, high quality cast...apart from Gwyneth Paltrow.

I'm not a huge fan of superhero films. Generally, can take or leave them but my son was keen and invited his mate so I took them both. I really enjoyed it.

Amazing, high quality cast...apart from Gwyneth Paltrow.

I didnt mind her in this one. Ignore her real life...gloop stuff...and she isnt a terrible actor.

i really dislike this body language "experts" analysis of the larson-hemsworth-cheedle interview.

posted this comment to her video

Man you watch some dumb s**t on YouTube.

People really just want there to be this weird beef thing between "The original Avengers" and Brie Larson. They are dissecting literally everything to prove they all hate her being added in, when in reality they probably dont care what happens as long as they get paid for their time.

Youtube is ALL dumb s**t. It's entertainment value not there for education.
Have you forgotten how many videos you’ve posted to the flat earth thread as “proof”?

Have you forgotten how many videos you’ve posted to the flat earth thread as “proof”?
Bigfooty -- indeed, the entire internet -- is just a big entertainment/troll for me.
You seriously think I believe anything?
I just like posting stuff and rustling things up, creating discussion, controversy.
Everyone is fooled because you only see what i want you to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone discussed what actually happens with Thanos going FORWARD in time? If we take what the Elder One said to Banner, that removing something from a timeline previous (Or future?) creates a new branch (Although she said that in regards to the STONES...) does Thanos leaving change things significantly?

He went FORWARD to the timeline where he already DID the snap, to stop them from unsnapping his future snap...where he dies in the process...So...Does that mean his snap never happened or did he create a different time line that loops back to make all those things happen?

im trying to remember how thanos got to go forwards in time. he had no stones.

Triple post because Im still mentally unpacking this movie
90% of the "Negative" reviews on IMDB are about one thing: The time travel plot holes. Which I get.
A few are about them wrecking Thor. Again, yeah, but they had to depower at least him and Hulk in some way, since they were going up against a Gauntletless Thanos. Thanos with the Power Stone>Hulk, without the stone? Hulk probably would have won. Same with Thor, although he was pretty much beating himself up anyway.

At the end of the day you sort of need to...ignore the plot holes? I dunno, I hate that kind of thing usually, but for this movie I find myself make it the exception not the rule. There are things Id have done differently, sure, but was I entertained and left the cinema feeling like it impacted me? Yes. 3000 times yes. Was Infinity War better? Probably. But they were never going to finish the massive Infinity arc like that, they couldnt, we all knew that.

So this movie for me will still be in right up there. Top Marvel movies for me is difficult to judge, but its some mix of:

Thor Ragnarok
Iron Man
Infinity War
End Game
Guardians(1)
Winter Soldier

The other movies are watchable and good to watch for the whole universal connectivity, but those are the ones that make you go wow.

Yes I tend to agree, I do believe Infinity War was better however the emotional weight this packs in is something else.

Amazing spectacle, even allowing for some things that do annoy me (ie, Thor’s depowering).

I cant see Marvel doing a DC and reviving Stark, his story is 100% closed, however...I would pay any sum of money to see his kid, at the age of 16, find a time capsule he left for her, with her very own suit and an AI...Voiced by Downy. That would be amazing. Imagine her powering it up and hearing her dads voice, and he explains he prepared this before they tried to stop Thanos (Similar to the recording we saw at the end) because he knew he might not be around to help her take the mantle...And he knew she'd be determined to do something like her father to protect people.

Saw this last night, i caught up with infinity war a few days back as i hadn't seen it and knew i was going to the cinemas to see this and wanted to have some idea as to what was going on.

First of all a 3 hour run time is pretty daunting but it didn't feel like 3 hours which was a huge plus.

Thor was clearly the standout in this film, some genuine laughs to be had.

Overall a decent film, i liked infinity war a little better tbh but this wasn't a disappointment, wraps the marvel series up nicely 7/10.

A solid 7/10 IMO.
Pros: Stunning visuals as always, satisfying end to this chapter of the MCU.
Fitting end for Tony and Steve. Didn't expect Black Widow to die though. The time travel stuff was a bit jumpy but it was good to see IW characters like Maw again. The first missile attack from Thanos was pretty awesome, as well as the second one at the end.
Enjoyed IW more overall.

Cons: Probably went for longer than needed and a bit too heavy on the jokes/bathos.

Comedic highlight for me was probably "shut the front door". Action highlight was probably
Tony, Thor and Steve teaming up against Thanos.

2 of the funniest things I’ve ever seen in the MCU:

Rocket scaring the s**t out of Stark and Banner after they’ve placed the stones into the glove. Lost my s**t at this.

And Korg telling Thor he was called a dickhead again by that online gamer. ******* hell. The genius in this is all the delivery by Waititi, glorious.

People upset over the girl power scene...You realise that a similar scene was used in Infinity War, right? Except this time they got to use ALL their female characters to actually make it impactful. The demographic of these movies are shifting, they want to cater for everyone and not make it an entire sausage fest. Hell, Avengers 1 had ONE FEMALE HERO, and Avengers 2 had doubled that to...two!
Absolutely. I think CM was totally underutilized. I feel like they must have shot more scenes in the first act that got cut because they wanted to get to Thanos dying faster. Or maybe they were too worried about people not liking her character.

It seems like her character doesn't care too much about Earth, which is a good way to depower her going forward.
I really hope we get another film where she interacts with Avengers though, that introduction with Spider-Man was so uplifting.

You can’t complain about any females character these days or that terrible girl power montage without being called sexist or stupid ect

It was so hamfisted and shoved down our throat, I have zero issues with powerful characters I don’t look at their gender

I.e I’ve been a massive fan of SW from day one and loved seeing her almost tear apart Thanos...but that was earnt

cap Marvel hasn’t earnt anything and is a bland character with no warmth so I was a bit annoyed that she went toe to toe with Thabos with that stupid smirk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back