Movie Avengers - Endgame

Remove this Banner Ad

2 of the funniest things I’ve ever seen in the MCU:

Rocket scaring the s**t out of Stark and Banner after they’ve placed the stones into the glove. Lost my s**t at this.

And Korg telling Thor he was called a dickhead again by that online gamer. ******* hell. The genius in this is all the delivery by Waititi, glorious.

Korg is briliant. How can a character who does so little be one of my favourites? Perfect pop culture reference with Fortnite too

Rocket part was very funny too

Anything with Ant Man is generally spot on too. I can't believe i've only just seen those 2 movies over the past 2 weeks! Thank goodness for Stan! Will be going to see Ant Man 3 in the cinemas should they go down this path

People upset over the girl power scene...You realise that a similar scene was used in Infinity War, right? Except this time they got to use ALL their female characters to actually make it impactful. The demographic of these movies are shifting, they want to cater for everyone and not make it an entire sausage fest. Hell, Avengers 1 had ONE FEMALE HERO, and Avengers 2 had doubled that to...two!

Has anyone discussed what actually happens with Thanos going FORWARD in time? If we take what the Elder One said to Banner, that removing something from a timeline previous (Or future?) creates a new branch (Although she said that in regards to the STONES...) does Thanos leaving change things significantly?

He went FORWARD to the timeline where he already DID the snap, to stop them from unsnapping his future snap...where he dies in the process...So...Does that mean his snap never happened or did he create a different time line that loops back to make all those things happen?

And Captain living out another life, only works if he goes through all that again, because he HAS to go back in time to return the stones so he CAN live that life and be sitting on THAT SEAT at the end.

Im willing to ignore these flaws in the grand scheme of it, because the movie still has be an emotional wreck.

it's not the overall scene that's the issue, it's that it felt forced, as in this has to happen and without it the movie is lesser for it when reality is, in a war situation you simply do not have a 100% strike rate of estrogen. I'd be saying the same thing if they defaulted to kind, in that it's a narrative when you're expecting and viewing a chaotic war scene where narratives stand out like dogs balls.

SW had reason to be there for example, she's pissed, she actively sought out Thanos to kill him due to pissed state, this works in the scheme of things since she can engineer solutions and whilst she's powered down in the MCU she's still capable of being a right badarse. Expectation of positioning matching is a complete fallacy otherwise and detracts from the scene for mine, that is all.

RE Thanos in future, I'd lean towards no since we don't fully understand the dusting from stones and there's no central location where they end up, so for all we actually know when Thanos and his army was dusted they popped back to their home time, or since they came by choice this then superceded the laws of time displacement as opposed to inanimate objects. There's still a few branches for them to take if required that it's not really an issue, though I wonder since networks carry over, are the Kree now going to pop into be big bads after communications arrays pick up the past and present?

Ha. I had to go a second time as I used captiview for Closed Captions which died on Wednesday. Had that all planned. Then went tonight with baby. Thankfully didn’t end up like your night did. Well behaved and calm. That’s bizarre on your experience.

I assume you didn't have 5 kids with the baby to be distracted and go full bogan proving to the cinema that you are a shitty parent probably using the film as a distraction device and ruining a sold out screening in the process.

As such, I assume you made an informed decision as opposed to none whatsoever, so just chalking it up to s**t parenting, will see it again when the cinemas calm down a bit.

People complaining about the girl power scene i kinda get, as was the scene where ca is at that recovery group thing and the gay guy talking about going on a date with another dude crying over the salads and ca praising him, the agendas get forced down our throats a little too much these days didn't really bother me but they definitley stuck out as being a little too obvious and agenda driven, just felt a bit tacky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Korg is briliant. How can a character who does so little be one of my favourites? Perfect pop culture reference with Fortnite too

Rocket part was very funny too

Anything with Ant Man is generally spot on too. I can't believe i've only just seen those 2 movies over the past 2 weeks! Thank goodness for Stan! Will be going to see Ant Man 3 in the cinemas should they go down this path

Yes I just signed up to Stan as well, very good value I feel. Have started watching the first Avengers again, Iron Man will be next.

And agreed on Ant-Man’s comedic moments in this.

“That’s America’s ass”, ******* gold.

I dont think this guy like it:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-review-nostalgia-arrested-adolescents/

Calls it a "violent kindergarten" and says Snyder did his best to save comic book realism with Man of Steel and Bat v Superman...
I actually think Henry Cavill ,Ben Affleck and Gal Gardot saved DC's arses.
They way they looked and played their characters was the best that has been done in the DC world so far.
Cavill and Gardot being relatively new to the big screen where spot on.
I was sceptical that Affleck would be a good batman but he did it well.
I think they tried a bit to hard with humour in Justice League tho.
If the 2 realms could or would combine it would make for an awesome movie not necessarily fighting each other but the amount of enemies added would be cool

Last edited:
it's not the overall scene that's the issue, it's that it felt forced, as in this has to happen and without it the movie is lesser for it when reality is, in a war situation you simply do not have a 100% strike rate of estrogen. I'd be saying the same thing if they defaulted to kind, in that it's a narrative when you're expecting and viewing a chaotic war scene where narratives stand out like dogs balls.

SW had reason to be there for example, she's pissed, she actively sought out Thanos to kill him due to pissed state, this works in the scheme of things since she can engineer solutions and whilst she's powered down in the MCU she's still capable of being a right badarse. Expectation of positioning matching is a complete fallacy otherwise and detracts from the scene for mine, that is all.

RE Thanos in future, I'd lean towards no since we don't fully understand the dusting from stones and there's no central location where they end up, so for all we actually know when Thanos and his army was dusted they popped back to their home time, or since they came by choice this then superceded the laws of time displacement as opposed to inanimate objects. There's still a few branches for them to take if required that it's not really an issue, though I wonder since networks carry over, are the Kree now going to pop into be big bads after communications arrays pick up the past and present?

I assume you didn't have 5 kids with the baby to be distracted and go full bogan proving to the cinema that you are a shitty parent probably using the film as a distraction device and ruining a sold out screening in the process.

As such, I assume you made an informed decision as opposed to none whatsoever, so just chalking it up to s**t parenting, will see it again when the cinemas calm down a bit.
That’s pretty bad parenting. A whole row of kids during a 3 hour movie. That’s a bit much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In cinema now. Watched it. On second viewing quite foreshadowing. Opening scene focused on Barton son catching mitt. It played a pivotal part in showing time travel works.

Tony said the word surprise in his opening scene. And the ending was a surprise!

This is a movie where a skinny kid who was injected with a super soldier serum picks up a hammer that belongs to a Norse God and then has the power to summon and use lightning. And people are complaining that a group of women fighting together isn't realistic?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back