Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Good movie but Infinity War was better.

I'm not a huge fan of time travel movies because it can create confusion and it just recreates familiar scenes.

Thor was funny at first but agree he should have transformed back to his usual self after meeting his mum. They could have made it a pretty cool scene. Even at the start of the battle when he was struck by the lightning which changed his outfit and beard a bit, they could have made that a bigger moment.

Another odd bit was Thanos' complete lack of reaction or fight when Iron Man stole back the stones in the final battle scene.

The movie also lacked something from the reduced screen time of Thanos compared to IW.

No it hasn’t, and quite likely deliberately so. The Winter Soldier scene had some photo frames next to her bed, with pictures of her and children etc.

Omitted from that was her husband. The writers confirmed it was intended to be Cap.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...-confirm-the-father-of-peggy-carters-children

Still leaves a question mark about the romantic angle with Sharon. But I don’t believe they followed the comics here where Sharon is Peggy’s granddaughter. Great niece I recall reading.

So we can assume Cap has kids out there?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
It's strange to feel like the filmmakers didn't understand the movie they were making. The script is at pains to show the Avengers are trying to avoid creating alternate timelines and the Russos are just like, 'yeah, it's just another alternate timeline'.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
The people who have wanted to see it would have done so by now, so it’s repeat viewings that will be the difference. Will likely end up a very tight finish.

Some other releases now could hinder its run, I think Aladdin is also due this week.

Get yourselves to the cinema, campaigners
images.jpeg.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Sure, but I’ve seen a lot better films than Endgame that didn’t make a fraction of the money. Avatar was average but part of its success is attributable to breaking new ground with 3D. I’m happy to see it hold on until something groundbreaking takes over. That said, inflation guarantees something will take over eventually.

Has anyone asked the Russo’s why they decided to ruin Thor and thus End Game itself?

The time traveling issues and depiction of Thor has just left too much of a sour aftertaste.
It’s so annoying. The MCU deserved better.

Just give me GOTG3 and DrS2 ASAP please

Last edited:

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Has anyone asked the Russo’s why they decided to ruin Thor and this End Game itself?

The time traveling issues and depiction of Thor has just left too much of a sour aftertaste.
It’s so annoying. The MCU deserved better.

Just give me GOTG3 and DrS2 ASAP please
it's not that bad, it could be a lot worse.
Like Game of Thrones bad!!!

it's not that bad, it could be a lot worse.
Like Game of Thrones bad!!!
One popular theory circulating is that Thor was depowered to fit in as an equal amongst the Guardians in the next installment and as Cap and Stark were bowing out of the franchise, they’re abilities and prominence was enhanced to give them the grand stand send off they deserved. More so Cap in this instance.
To me it just appears to be as weak writing.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why does anyone care if it surpasses avatar or force awakens. They are both sh** movies.

And personally this was on par with the both of those movies. Big $ box office mean squat.

Saw it last night and was very disappointed. Time travel, yeh, nah!

Think it just shows how standards have dropped re : writing and CGI has taken over.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Now looking likely that it will end up the second biggest film in America (behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens) and the world (behind Avatar).

It will miss Star Wars but should get Avatar .... just. Slowing down but should have another $70m in US at least and that means around $100m more globally, although China is pretty much tapped out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back