Movie Avengers - Endgame

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
It will miss Star Wars but should get Avatar .... just. Slowing down but should have another $70m in US at least and that means around $100m more globally, although China is pretty much tapped out.
Forbes still reckons it’s too close to call but Aladdin is expected to open pretty big overseas, and John Wick already made a pretty big dent. It’s been open a month now and is proving less leggy than other Marvel films (too long for some repeat viewings, maybe?).

Forbes still reckons it’s too close to call but Aladdin is expected to open pretty big overseas, and John Wick already made a pretty big dent. It’s been open a month now and is proving less leggy than other Marvel films (too long for some repeat viewings, maybe?).

If it's around when Spiderman: Far From Home opens it should see similar boosts like Captain Marvel did when Endgame was released.

It's less leggy because massive amounts of people watched it in the first couple of days to minimise the risk of spoilers, hence the almost inconceivable opening weekend figures which naturally leads to bigger percentage drops.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
When the portals opened, there seemed to be a lot of asgardians. Is one to assume the click brougth them all back?

It would have brought back anyone who was dusted off by Thanos’ snap.

But if you’re referring to Asguardians killed at the start of IW by Thanos and the BO, no they wouldn’t have been brought back. Any deaths prior to the snap would remain.

What about those who moved on with their lives and re-married and started families, those who commited suicide after losing loved ones, those who were criminals and in prisons and presumed dead, those who played professional sport and would find themselves without a team, insurance claims paid out to loved ones, etc etc

It would have brought back anyone who was dusted off by Thanos’ snap.

But if you’re referring to Asguardians killed at the start of IW by Thanos and the BO, no they wouldn’t have been brought back. Any deaths prior to the snap would remain.

I also thought asgard was dead as a planet given what happened in thor ragnorak. Therefore anyone left was on that ship, which thanos said hi to.

oh well, it was still a fun movie.

What about those who moved on with their lives and re-married and started families, those who commited suicide after losing loved ones, those who were criminals and in prisons and presumed dead, those who played professional sport and would find themselves without a team, insurance claims paid out to loved ones, etc etc

One thing for sure, if a census was taken after the snap, and now, there'd be some interesting statistical analysis going on

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I also thought asgard was dead as a planet given what happened in thor ragnorak. Therefore anyone left was on that ship, which thanos said hi to.

oh well, it was still a fun movie.

You’re right, the survivors of Ragnarok were on his ship. Of which, some fled when Thanos arrived.

Those that were murdered by him and the Black Order on that ship would remain dead (ie, Loki, Heimdall). But those survivors who were then dusted later on by the snap would then be reinstated.

Was randomly watching videos on FB and came across a full upload of the movie.
Was good quality too.
So I watched it.
Second time viewing its a lot better than the first time seeing it, full knowing the outcome.

Reevaluating my thoughts the movie is better than the credit it receives I guess.

The scenes with Clint are really good. Under utilized IMO.

As per usual Nebula plays too much of a role in giving the movie a plot.
Firstly she knows one of Natasha and Clint will die when they go after the mind stone. So does Tony.
Hell Quill losing it on Titan when they had Thanos pinned is the reason Thanos got the time stone in the first place. Spider-Man death ring a bell Tone??

Secondly, that plan should have been avoided based on that or the writers should have had the Avengers draw straws on who sacrifices themselves before they set off into the quantum realm. It would have made for a better flow if Clint and Natash returned to present day Earth and discussed the predicament. I don’t know. Maybe pinched the mind stone from Thanos in the 21 days he didn’t destroy them post snap?

Then the linkage between Nebula’s current and past self is the only reason we have a grand ending with Thanos14 making an entrance. Surely she knew the dangers of her past self being so close to Thanos and the risk she was taking. She should have stayed behind as she knew the risk of going to Morag and that she would encounter Thanos and herself.

And then moving on to the final battle, Thor’s appearance doesn’t irk me as much as the depowering of him and the powering up of a dual-stoneless Thanos. Thanos then wipes the floor of Thor/Cap/Stark with his blade. It’s just nonsense. I know IronMan and Captain America needed their time to shine and leave their impact before their upcoming deaths, but it shouldn’t have been at the expense of Thor. It flies in the mockery of everything witnessed in Infinity War.
Thor should have ripped through him the moment he saw him.

And then Captain Marvel making an entrance when she wanted and exiting when she needed to is too ex-machina to avoid.

The movie runs well and flows amazingly basically until they retrieve all the stones and Hulk clicks his fingers. Then it turns into a cliche ridden mess.

Them not accounting for Nebula at the time of Hulk snap and why she wasn’t present is another oversight. Hell they locked down the facility ffs.

The movie IMO is fitting of playing the finale of the Infinity Saga right up until Hulks snap. 10/10 for mine.

Post Hulks snap it’s a 2/10. And why Infinity War is the better movie in all of our minds, but not a big a gap as I thought. Still enjoyed it but the ending deserved better.

I’ll give the Russo’s credit though, after IronMans snap it’s a fitting conclusion for his arc and wraps up he and Captains storyline well. I am content with how each surviving character has progression in their own future movies.

Was randomly watching videos on FB and came across a full upload of the movie.
Was good quality too.
So I watched it.
Second time viewing its a lot better than the first time seeing it, full knowing the outcome.

Reevaluating my thoughts the movie is better than the credit it receives I guess.

The scenes with Clint are really good. Under utilized IMO.

As per usual Nebula plays too much of a role in giving the movie a plot.
Firstly she knows one of Natasha and Clint will die when they go after the mind stone. So does Tony.
Hell Quill losing it on Titan when they had Thanos pinned is the reason Thanos got the time stone in the first place. Spider-Man death ring a bell Tone??

Secondly, that plan should have been avoided based on that or the writers should have had the Avengers draw straws on who sacrifices themselves before they set off into the quantum realm. It would have made for a better flow if Clint and Natash returned to present day Earth and discussed the predicament. I don’t know. Maybe pinched the mind stone from Thanos in the 21 days he didn’t destroy them post snap?

Then the linkage between Nebula’s current and past self is the only reason we have a grand ending with Thanos14 making an entrance. Surely she knew the dangers of her past self being so close to Thanos and the risk she was taking. She should have stayed behind as she knew the risk of going to Morag and that she would encounter Thanos and herself.

And then moving on to the final battle, Thor’s appearance doesn’t irk me as much as the depowering of him and the powering up of a dual-stoneless Thanos. Thanos then wipes the floor of Thor/Cap/Stark with his blade. It’s just nonsense. I know IronMan and Captain America needed their time to shine and leave their impact before their upcoming deaths, but it shouldn’t have been at the expense of Thor. It flies in the mockery of everything witnessed in Infinity War.
Thor should have ripped through him the moment he saw him.

And then Captain Marvel making an entrance when she wanted and exiting when she needed to is too ex-machina to avoid.

The movie runs well and flows amazingly basically until they retrieve all the stones and Hulk clicks his fingers. Then it turns into a cliche ridden mess.

Them not accounting for Nebula at the time of Hulk snap and why she wasn’t present is another oversight. Hell they locked down the facility ffs.

The movie IMO is fitting of playing the finale of the Infinity Saga right up until Hulks snap. 10/10 for mine.

Post Hulks snap it’s a 2/10. And why Infinity War is the better movie in all of our minds, but not a big a gap as I thought. Still enjoyed it but the ending deserved better.

I’ll give the Russo’s credit though, after IronMans snap it’s a fitting conclusion for his arc and wraps up he and Captains storyline well. I am content with how each surviving character has progression in their own future movies.

Ive only seen it once so yet to see how it goes on rewatch but disagree the last hour of that movie was ******* incredible and gave me pretty much everything I wanted and I enjoyed more than infinity war but that opinion may change in time.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I mean, you COULD blow the entire plot out of the water by having them go back in time to right after he snaps, go to the planet they KNOW he is chilling on and get the Gauntlet off him with the intact stones BEFORE he destroys them.

That'd be a short film.
If he has the stones he is essentially invincible though.

I mean, you COULD blow the entire plot out of the water by having them go back in time to right after he snaps, go to the planet they KNOW he is chilling on and get the Gauntlet off him with the intact stones BEFORE he destroys them.

That'd be a short film.

Once upon a time
The Avengers fought with Thanos. They killed him.
The end.

that was awesome. posted that on social media on the weekend but received zero likes. i was sad.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

Like me, you probably hated Avengers: Endgame because it contained too many components that you ideologically oppose. Like women, for instance. And homosexuality. And feelings. And women. God, women, yuck.

So it gives me enormous relief to inform you that someone has fixed Avengers: Endgame for good. An anonymous internet user has re-edited Endgame and posted it to torrent sites under the new – and, if anything, catchier – title Avengers Endgame De-Feminized Edit AKA Anti-Cheese-Cut.

The new film itself is quite hard to come by, but luckily the user detailed most of the major changes in a note. The headline takeaway is that it’s “Endgame, but shorter, no feminism, no gay s**t, less boring filler, less sniffing its own farts, no constant quips and other small changes”.

Digging in a little, the user goes on to state that the edit contains “absolutely no Brie Larson” and “less kitchen psychology”. The scene of Hawkeye training his daughter has been removed, because “young women should learn skills to become good wives and mothers”. Tony Stark no longer asks “his wife’s permission to save the universe”. There are much fewer women in the final battle, since “they should be at home taking care of their kids”. And, most importantly, the Ancient One – Sorcerer Supreme, leader of the Masters of the Mystic Arts, centuries-long unconquerable protector of Earth – now just hands the time stone over because she “gets scared of Hulk” and the fact that she didn’t immediately do this in the original was “a giant plothole”. Oh, and Black Panther isn’t in it as much for some reason. Not sure why, really.

Jack Gun Cyril Stun

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Back