Movie AVENGERS - Infinity War

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you need to be up to speed with all the previous Marvel films? I haven't seen Black Panther nor Guardians of the galaxy (though knocked off Doctor Strange and Spider-Man Homecoming on the weekend) and checking with those of have seen it if it's worthwhile catching up on the others?

Do you need to be up to speed with all the previous Marvel films? I haven't seen Black Panther nor Guardians of the galaxy (though knocked off Doctor Strange and Spider-Man Homecoming on the weekend) and checking with those of have seen it if it's worthwhile catching up on the others?
GOTG pretty relevant and you'd lose a fair bit of impact without it, BP doesn't really matter for this story I don't think

Probbly need to watch Thor 3 , BP at the very least tbh otherwise the start not going to make much sense to you

Thor 3, captain America 3 and guardians 1 probably all you need.
Maybe doctor strange too.
Guardians 2, avengers 1, captain America 1 maybe needed for part timers, but not necessary.

Probbly need to watch Thor 3 , BP at the very least tbh otherwise the start not going to make much sense to you
Not sure about black panther
It would really only explain why the avengers would go there. Nothing else.
The post credit scene is probably more necessary tbh.

Yeah but
you wouldn’t know wtf is going on when you go to wankanda or who anyone is , could be confusing tbh
That’s where cap 3 comes into it ;)

But good point
Wouldn’t say it’s necessary, but it wouldn’t hurt to watch it.

Yeah but
you wouldn’t know wtf is going on when you go to wankanda or who anyone is , could be confusing tbh
Watching it gets you more invested in the danger to shuri but watching it also makes you feel wakanda is underutilized

Last edited:

GOTG pretty relevant and you'd lose a fair bit of impact without it, BP doesn't really matter for this story I don't think

Thor 3, captain America 3 and guardians 1 probably all you need.
Maybe doctor strange too.
Guardians 2, avengers 1, captain America 1 maybe needed for part timers, but not necessary.

Not sure about black panther
It would really only explain why the avengers would go there. Nothing else.
The post credit scene is probably more necessary tbh.

I was talking to a friend this morning about same query. I said def see black panther, Dr Strange and spidey in fact all of them.

I was talking to a friend this morning about same query. I said def see black panther, Dr Strange and spidey in fact all of them.
I mean I made sure I saw everything I wasn't caught up on before seeing this.

Some are more important than others though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thor 3 for the start of the film
Just thinking of everything
Thor 3 for the start of the film - yes
Doctor strange - his type of powers aren’t really fleshed out in anything else, so need people to understand what he can do.
Captain America 3 - explain why everyone is separated at the start
Guardians of the galaxy 1 - gives a little backstory to Thanos

Avengers 1 - gives a little more backstory to Thanos (and probably make the impact of first scene stronger)
Black panther sets up wakanda side characters and Bucky
Avengers 2 gives you more background on vision
Guardians of the galaxy 2 helps with the knowhere scene
Captain America 1 is probably stretching it too in regards to soul stone scene

I never saw Spider-Man, Ironman 2 and 3 or hulk, so can’t say if theyre important or not.

the bit where he's in chains talking smack to the devil dude, cracking jokes as he twirls?
Thor 3 for the start of avengers 3
it explains why Asgard are on the ship. And why the hulk is with them
If you didn’t see Thor 3 you’re going wtf when you see hulk there

It also adds to the battle of wakanda. When banner makes mention the venom army are stuffed when Thor arrives has greater weight based on the collesium scene and final thor vs hella battle

Yeah but
It sure was. Other than the BP himself I have no idea who the rest were.

Thor 3 for the start of avengers 3
it explains why Asgard are on the ship. And why the hulk is with them
If you didn’t see Thor 3 you’re going wtf when you see hulk there

It also adds to the battle of wakanda. When banner makes mention the venom army are stuffed when Thor arrives has greater weight based on the collesium scene and final thor vs hella battle

???

Yeah I have asked the same thing in the spoiler thread

if the army was venom symboties as the look very much like venom , could be what the last symboties interacted with before heading to earth?

But it has been pointed out that the venom film is seperate from the MCU apparently

They weren't symbiotes, they are based on the Outriders, symbiotes don't die that easily.

Definitely need to watch those two + Thor 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back